Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

what is a FSM file and how to eidt them!

I would like to attempt to open and edit FSM.files now lol but I really don't understand them. What to use to open them to read them and to edit them. what is the difference between them and a SQF. Could somebody give me a basic information on them and what tool do I need to view edit and write them.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Hello Avibird

FSM stands for Finite State machine, if I recall correctly, to open and edit FSM files . . . you need the FSM editor which is a part of BIS editing tools. Check it out here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14435

FSM editor is part of that package download it and you will find inside the FSM editor which allows you to edit or compile new FSM files.

Cheers

Thank you guys never messed around with FSM it is time lol.

Before I start with this can messing around with this cause me to lose my current missions screw up the scripts that I have develop over the years

Installation:

This installer will overwrite previously released BI Editing Tools for Arma I and II (user made data should be intact but it is highly recommended to back up any such data before installing this package) and it may not be possible to pack and finalize content for Arma I using the newer tools.

I have never worked on FSM files and really have no clue lol what the hell I am doing or looking at (: but if I mess up my shit I will go nuts!!!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

@morieza yes and no. Do I really need it to complete my support script/mission I have be working on the answer is no! But it is the next logically step for me to learn more about scripting. Most advanced scripts and missions make use of FSM. Why would you ask me that sir!