Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

HuntIR script

bardosy's HuntIR script v1.0

High-altitude Unit Navigated Tactical Imaging Round is a small device with a camera and a parachute. You can shoot it from an underbarrel grenade launcher and it broadcast its picture to you. Well it's a cheap way to recon around you.

You can use it to recon your area in close or not-too-far range, because this round cannot fly, it's just fall. But it could be very usefull in sort of situations.

This script is not so fancy as original HuntIR grenade in ACE mod. It's just the useful, but poor cousin of ACE's HuntIR.

You can use white flare grenade as HuntIR greande, but before you launch, start the script from your action menu: use HuntIR. Then you can launch the white flare grenade from your GL and a few seconds later, you will get the picture what HuntIR's camera see.

You can control this camera: you can turn it any direction, zoom it and switch to different night visions, like infra red to identify enemy easier. If you find something, you can create markers at you map with NumPad PgDn.

This "grenade" fall slowly, so you have no too much time, before it land.

huntir_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Controll:

Quit (exit from HuntIR's view): Numpad End,

NightVision (press again until your favorite mode): Numpad PgUp,

Move/turn camera: arrows, (currently it turn the camera for North, South... etc and not relative way)

Zoom: Numpad +/-,

Put a Marker at map: Num PgDn,

Help (got this legend on screen): Numpad 5,

Reset (reset zoom and camera direction to default): Numpad Home.

Usage:

Put both sqf files into your mission folder's "scripts" folder. If there is no scripts folder in your mission folder, create a new folder and name it "scripts" and copy the two files into it.

Set global variable lck_markercnt to 0 at the init.sqf:

if (isNil "lck_markercnt") then {lck_markercnt=0;};

And add the script as an action menu to a player who has a underbarrel grenade launcher:

myhuntiraction = player addAction ["use HuntIR", "scripts\myhuntir.sqf", [], 1, false, true, "", "true"];

It's important to name the action to "myhuntiraction".

In game usage:

1. Get a weapon with greande launcher.

2. Reload the GL with a white flare greande.

3. Run dthe script form action menu: use HuntIR

4. Shoot the white flare to up or to the direction where you want to recon

5. Wait 5 seconds.

6. Enjoy the footage what HuntIR grenade shows you.

7. Control the camera

8. Exit from HuntIR view with press Numpad PgDn (or Numpad 3)

Download:

Dropbox link: HuntIR script

Armaholic link: HuntIR script

Edited by bardosy
armaholic link

Good idea, will try out. Thx for the release.

Thank you! I used this script for my ArmA 2 campaigns, but now I rework it for Arma3.

Thanks a lot again for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you!

This thing is seriously awesome.

However, i find the camera movement is very finicky. The camera movement speed is not linear sometimes, as well as moving the camera around is quite difficult. Also would it be possible to have the action only appear when you switch to the grenade launcher and it is loaded with flares, as to reduce clutter in the action menu?

Edited by lazerstrike

Thanks.

Seriously, I'm a mission maker, and I'm not a talented script writer. Usually I made script for my missions, but I couldn't solve a better camera movement. So I absolutely know what I talking about the strange camera movement.

Any chance you will repack this as mod?