Richards.D

The Army Combat Uniform Mod

The only real downside of this addon is the shape of the torso which causes bad clipping even with the bulkiest vests, as well as the absence of modelled shoulder pockets. Because they are merely textured on, they warp, and look rather fake. Could something be done about this?

axmMKWMs.jpg kC5syTfs.jpg rE212Uss.jpg

The IOTVs are much too large too, even for the normal ACU Soldier. THe vest is comparatively tight fitting in real life, at least when put against chicom or pakistani vests like that the AAF uses. (Third pic).

Really liking this so far, though. Would love to see it develop and improve on the original BI model, too.

Cheers

Insta

Thank you for informing us of the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Instagoat

As for the Shoulder Pockets, I think I may model new ones and simply attach them so they look much more defined. As for the body shape, I will certainly start experimenting until it matches the profile of the default A3 soldiers for a better fit.

The only real downside of this addon is the shape of the torso which causes bad clipping even with the bulkiest vests, as well as the absence of modelled shoulder pockets. Because they are merely textured on, they warp, and look rather fake. Could something be done about this?

http://i.imgur.com/axmMKWMs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kC5syTfs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rE212Uss.jpg

The IOTVs are much too large too, even for the normal ACU Soldier. THe vest is comparatively tight fitting in real life, at least when put against chicom or pakistani vests like that the AAF uses. (Third pic).

Really liking this so far, though. Would love to see it develop and improve on the original BI model, too.

Cheers

Insta

Try v_tacVestIR_blk, see if that clips as well.

RichardsD- I modeled a Bugle in Oxygen, it's not textured, and I've got bugle call sound files to go with it as well. Let me know if you want the model, maybe you can texture it and we can have some good ol' bugle calls before heading off into battle :)

Fantastic job. Works perfectly now. Definitely would be awesome if you could port the BAF stuff over from A2 as well.

Just got the chance to try these out, and I've got to say....GREAT JOB! It's a great addition to be able to stay with the current era of gear instead of the default futuristic stuff. Keep up the good work.

Why thank you. I may do some Marine things soon.. my main goal atm though is to make the default vests fit much better which is in progress.

Hey, RichardsD, can you PLEASE add hiddenselections to these models so that we can customize them to our specific needs?

Yeah for sure. I think I'll package that with the uniforms modified to fit better.

Richards

Just a couple of things:

Airborne and Ranger Berets do not have the blue flash, their flashes are all unit specific. Also, the ACU jacket isn't buttoned/zipped all the way to the collar, that's a violation of AR 670-1 while in Garrison.

Yeah for sure. I think I'll package that with the uniforms modified to fit better.

Richards

Sweet! You da best :)

Just a couple of things:

Airborne and Ranger Berets do not have the blue flash, their flashes are all unit specific. Also, the ACU jacket isn't buttoned/zipped all the way to the collar, that's a violation of AR 670-1 while in Garrison.

i have been meaning to post about the buttoned up blouse for a couple of days now, it was making me tweaky lol, i have been working on a new blouse with collar if you would like it?

Thank you for giving me my Stetson. I wear one almost every Friday. Do you think you will add unit patches at some point?

Also, it slipped my mind earlier, would you be willing to bring over the tshirt and rolled-sleeve uniforms from OA?

Awesome question.. unfortunate answer. So, the T-Shirt I would like to bring over, but unfortunately it is nothing but sleeves and a small exposed part and the rest is the vest. When you remove the vest it only leaves parts of the shirt, there is no shirt under the vest. As for rolled sleeves, technically you are not allowed to do such while wearing the ACU, but I may do a Tactical combat shirt one with kneepads, gloves etc that will have rolled sleeves.

So I have finished these models for you, I will pm you the link. all i ask is that you add one extra uniform as is (name tapes, rank, unit patches and ranger rolled pc (patrol cap)) and the models are yours to use. Thanks bud! oh and please give me credit as this took me a solid 2 days to make and texture, thanks again.

1_zps478c2e20.jpg

2_zpsb9032dcd.jpg

3_zpsc8352e07.jpg

4_zpsbc46610c.jpg

5_zps114dfcc0.jpg

Edited by daveygary1979

Hello Gary:

So, that is not a problem, I have no issue with that. So to clarify, this is a new uniform you have created or a further modification of the ACU?

That is how the ACU's should be worn according to AR 670-1 (uniform and appearance regulations) it is a new uniform that i have hashed together from the legs of one of my old models and the body i made just for you using the arma 2 content released for public, I made a whole bunch of modifications and alterations and such:)

That is how the ACU's should be worn according to AR 670-1 (uniform and appearance regulations) it is a new uniform that i have hashed together from the legs of one of my old models and the body i made just for you using the arma 2 content released for public, I made a whole bunch of modifications and alterations and such:)

They look really good man. Two small things though... 1: the ISAF patch is only worn in country for the Afghanistan Theater, not in Garrison. 2: Front pouches are angled but not to that degree they are a little more squared to the name tapes. The IR Flag is otherized during training in the field, otherwise the colored flag is worn. again great looking textures.

Hey Richard just got this mod after getting you two vehicle mods which were amazing and this was no disappointment either (even though they are ACU's, I'm just sick of them from my own time wearing them). I have my plate-carrier that was issued to me when I was in Afghanistan I'd be more than happy to get you any pictures you would need if you what to add that as well. I have a ton of ACU stuff if you need any resources.