Sign in to follow this  
DreamRebel

Armed Forces of the Altian Republic

In my campain the Altian goverment forms an Union/confederation and other countries in the region will join them. Together they form a pact against CSAT and other agressors.

Perhaps it could be part of the Green Sea Defence Pact? Which alot of Arma2 modders toyed with the idea. It included the Chernarus Defence Forces, Nogovan Armed Forces, RACS, Forze Armate di Capraia. Though if you came up with your own idea that would work too :)

Hmm, making it part of the Green Sea Defence Pact will be interesting to. I'll think about it. :)

This is a brilliant idea, and maybe you could include a old members of the AAF as a Independent or OPFOR group that fights against the New Altian Army.

How about Med-Pact (Mediteranean Defence Pact)? Consisting of Spain, Italy, Greece to name a few real life countries which happen to have mods for them being in the works.

The Republic of Altis and Stratis was said to be positioned southeast of mainland Italy, according to BIS, but still has strong Greek ties. So I deem it naturally for the Italians ánd Greek forces to keep an watchful eye on Altis and Stratis, etc.

But to put it into the Green Sea Defence Pact... Well I think that's a bit too far fetched, as the Green Sea fictionally lies south of Russia, so that's a totally different hemisphere.. However, they could team up for mutual help if needs be.

As for the AAF vs NAA (new altian army) I too think that's a rather good idea, the basics are already there, and they're quite equal to face each other on the field of battle. :)

But wasn't the AAF formally defeated by NATO, if the player keeps following them in the Win campaign? Anyways, if so, then I'd say AAF had to transition to become NAA anyways, forcibly so even.. Because it is rediculous to throw away experience of the former bad guys. Perhaps all were demoted to become mere privates, and the new leadership cadre fell to the hands of the former FIA guys..?

And then there might be a group of real-FIA hardcore guys who won't have it to operate together with their former nemesis, and now see to it to destroy the NAA, whom they deem enemies as it has their old foes amongst it ranks. Let's say they take it badly.

Besides that yeah, why not throw in an AAF-offshoot gone rogue, like a new Akantheros on the rise? They might still rebel against both real-FIA ánd the NAA or whatever you wish to call your army like. :) Might be interesting, NATO/NAA vs AAF vs real FIA, and all vs CSAT. :P BIS: We need a fifth color-faction please! (Civilians, Bluefor, Redfor/Opfor, Greenfor, and ?) Would be lovely though. I'd say three combatant-factions in the ring isn't enough. Let's rumble!!

Edited by Thani '82

Well Kerry is part of Task Force Aegan, which is where the real life Lemnos and Agios Efstratios is situated in the Aegan Sea. However the opening cutscene on Drawdown 2035 suggests that it is indeed closer to Italy. So Im confused as to where BI actually situated Altis and Stratis.

@Thundazz:

Well, BIS first wanted to call it Limnos, prior to the whole developers-incident thing going on, supposedly being in the Aegian Sea indeed; Hence the name TF Aegis..

But that was changed and the name Altis came up, now supposedly sitting right next between Italy's mainland "boot", and the Greek mainland roughly west of Crete.

(Source: http://armedassault.wikia.com/wiki/Altis )

But most other sources retain the real life Lemnos location, which indeed is in the Aegian Sea, sitting roughly south-west next to Turkey's Gelibolu/Gallipoli Peninsula, at the mouth of the Dardanelles Strait.

I'm aware as to why Altis and Statis were renamed and repositioned, but Im still confused as to why BIS kept the Name TF Aegis if Altis and Stratis are in the Mediterranian.

Well, I think that's typical BIS-logic at play. ;) :D

No.. In all seriousness, I think NATO has several big fat bases throughout Greece, to fend off CSAT which sits on Turkey occupying the stuff there.

So maybe the taskforce naming is a way of saying thanks to the Greek hosts, or maybe it's to inspire their own NATO soldiers to be as courageous as them Spartans were.

Or maybe BIS forgot to rename the taskforce into something more appropriate, who knows eh?

Edited by Thani '82

The Aegis was a mythical piece of armour worn by the Greek gods and is often refered to in a defensive manner. Similar to the USN's Aegis radar system.

So by naming the Task Force Aegis it could be representative of NATO and AAF's efforts to defend the islands of Altis and Stratis.

All these theories on why are logical, but back to the mod, has the mod creator abandoned the idea? I haven't seen an update on here for a while.

Hey, thanks for the interest. The mod is not abandoned but I'm also working on other mods where I haven't spoken about yet. Do this mod is almost finnished! :)

I'll try to publish some new stuff soon.

Most important thing right now is which weapons they should use. At this moment I use the default ingame weapons but I think NATO/US weapons might be better. [M4/M16]