SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Hi, i've been following this mod for a while and have made an account to ask some questions. Before that however, I would like to say you guys are doing a great job, all the planes look incredibly awesome including the nuke.

My questions are:

Wouldn't it be a little more beneficial to have the Nuke in a missile form (or guided bomb, like a JDAM)? I ask this because even in your video you got harmed by the nuclear explosion because it just free falls and essentially explodes beneath your airframe. With some sort of guidance system one could fire and have the extremely powerful weapon move farther away from the airframe effectively preserving it.

Are you actually going to be able to sit down in the UAV Station? I don't know how you would get it to work but that would be awesome.

The bomb is GPS guided I just didn't turn it on. I could make a nuclear missile I have to see if there is one available for the airframes that I have in this mod. If it doesn't have it in real life it won't have it in this mod. I'm attempting to make the UAV station able to sit down in and work the UAV it's not a pressing matter right now..error finding and eliminating is. You will see soon enough though my goal is to not let anyone down with this mod

The bomb is GPS guided I just didn't turn it on. I could make a nuclear missile I have to see if there is one available for the airframes that I have in this mod. If it doesn't have it in real life it won't have it in this mod. I'm attempting to make the UAV station able to sit down in and work the UAV it's not a pressing matter right now..error finding and eliminating is. You will see soon enough though my goal is to not let anyone down with this mod

Rog, thanks for your quick reply.

I had thought there were already nuclear cruise missiles for this airframe. Apparently only the B-52H is capable of carrying them for now; the spirit only has Nuclear Bombs until a projected 2030. Thanks though!

Rog, thanks for your quick reply.

I had thought there were already nuclear cruise missiles for this airframe. Apparently only the B-52H is capable of carrying them for now; the spirit only has Nuclear Bombs until a projected 2030. Thanks though!

Yes thats true and i decided to take the B52 out of this pack..who knows if it will be added back i highly dought it

Yes thats true and i decided to take the B52 out of this pack..who knows if it will be added back i highly dought it

Actually I got another thing to ask, don't remember if you added it for the frames. For the UAVs do you guys have the altitude set through AGL or ASL. With my experience with the Vanilla ones once you get them flying on the west side of Altis they just start fidgeting because they are set to AGL; so on the hills they just constantly move up and down when you set them to a certain altitude. And on top of that they fidget either from wind or the system itself. Maybe whatever system you guys have for the AC130 orbit can also be used for them as that one seemed very steady last time I used it.

Salute man,you work is amazing,well done,people like you make ARMA 3 better game,thnak alot my friends

Will that be inside somekind of vehicle or will you add a new type of building? Would be cool to have on an aircraft carrier of somekind, UAV operations from the USS Freedom :p.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

One more thing I wanted to mention, do you think you could make the aiming crosshairs on the AC-130 a bit brighter. In the video's at least it was barely visible, perhaps its diffrent when you're playing in game. Just something I noticed. You guys are making amazing progress with the mod keep it up :D!

^i concurr. The overlay kinda fades away, there should be a mfcd type of frame around the imagen too.

I love this mod guys! Have been using it for a while, can't for what the future brings, from what i've seen so far it looks promising indeed! :)

Can we load some transport into C5 and airdrop it? Maybe with some mods?

Can we load some transport into C5 and airdrop it? Maybe with some mods?

You haven't even tried.. Do you? It's totally functional, just give it a try and you'll see..

when update f22 raptor? guys?

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

I can't wait goddddddddddddd~~~~~~~~~~

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

I can't wait goddddddddddddd~~~~~~~~~~

Please read the forum rules... And the F22 will be done when it's done...

You haven't even tried.. Do you? It's totally functional, just give it a try and you'll see..

I tried. When i loaded hunter into C5 it stuck in air, also damaging C5.

Hey people from the USAF mod,

First of all I'd like to tell you guys that the mod you made is freaking awesome!

I've got a few suggestions, I don't know if they sound realistic to you guys but I thought I'd give it a shot.

- Different types of bombs for the B-1B: add a B-1 with a payload of GBU-39's, one with JDAM's or one with cruise missiles. I believe that it makes the B-1 more precise and useful in special operations (because that's what most ppl do in Arma I think).

- GPS targeting system for the gunner (F-18 black wasp mod implemented this very nice)

- I don't know if there is a way to properly do this, but a way to know where the center of the AC-130's orbit is before you turn on the autopilot: I have alot of trouble trying to get the AC-130 to orbit around the good spot, and as far as I know there isn't any way to see where the center of the orbit will be before activating the autopilot.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work,

Floris

- Different types of bombs for the B-1B: add a B-1 with a payload of GBU-39's, one with JDAM's or one with cruise missiles. I believe that it makes the B-1 more precise and useful in special operations (because that's what most ppl do in Arma I think).

I believe service menu and different loadouts are on their todo list.

@Floris

There will be 2 versions for the AC-130, one is the version with a simple autopilot which requires little to no effort to properly engage a wheel, and is the "Proper" version.

The second one is scripted and u can fly it with only 1 person or AI, which has "point-and-click" selection of the radius and altitude.

Here's the AI version:

Here's the Proper version:

Here's my personal thought about the subject plane and aplies to every mod I work in:

I seek immersion and "realism". Take for example an Apache helo for Arma 3. You usually want to fly with a buddy, one pilot the other gunner. How is that so difficult to do in a plane??? Have a buddy of yours do the actual piloting and learn how to do a proper PYLON TURN and the other one can do the killing!

I beleive people are missing the point of flying such an amazing aircraft, which is TEAMWORK.

In a more active or dynamic scenario, you would have enemy AAA or MANPADS on the ground, and having a human pilot can make the difference between becoming a fireball or staying "alive".

Edited by geraldbolso1899

@Floris

There will be 2 versions for the AC-130, one is the version with a simple autopilot which requires little to no effort to properly engage a wheel, and is the "Proper" version.

The second one is scripted and u can fly it with only 1 person or AI, which has "point-and-click" selection of the radius and altitude.

Here's the AI version:

Here's the Proper version:

Here's my personal thought about the subject plane and aplies to every mod I work in:

I seek immersion and "realism". Take for example an Apache helo for Arma 3. You usually want to fly with a buddy, one pilot the other gunner. How is that so difficult to do in a plane??? Have a buddy of yours do the actual piloting and learn how to do a proper PYLON TURN and the other one can do the killing!

I beleive people are missing the point of flying such an amazing aircraft, which is TEAMWORK.

In a more active or dynamic scenario, you would have enemy AAA or MANPADS on the ground, and having a human pilot can make the difference between becoming a fireball or staying "alive".

you have a good point there but it is all so nice to have the auto pilot single player and all the you know what i mean

Like I said earlier, I dedicated my time to getting the service menus completed this week.. Here is a teaser of the new GUI I put together for USAF Mod.

WIP A10 Loadouts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yah05hfx4jx3fcj/a10_loadouts.jpg?dl=0

Also I had time to take a screen of the updates AFSOC, big thanks to Voodoo for donating this Peltor ComTac III Helmets to use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i78oahxp44fvi5/AFSOC_CCT_TEST.png?dl=0

So the Ai version of ac130 can be used as Cas now? Where I laser d a target and the Ai will be able to attack it?

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

I'll be the operator on the ground

Will you guys be adding the F-15?

Maybe later in the future... We have way too many things on our plate.

Maybe later in the future... We have way too many things on our plate.

Thanks. Also, I saw the F-35s and F-22s on photobucket. Pretty nice looking, I gotta say.

The F-22 is needed in this game like a pimp needs penecillin, TY USAF team for keepin it ka-leeeen!!!!

Hi guys about the B-2 Colour i've added some pics of the 2 different B-2's in the Mod Legacy of cold war on Arma 2 OA. perhaps you guys can use these colours and maybe include that all black also, because I don't mind the all black. http://gyazo.com/bd4a4822108bb0598f984cccd006dd3a But as you can see is a lighter and darker. Preferably the darker one may be better for the final textures. :)

Edited by PlasmaWerewolf