SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

This mod is great, but i am having a problem how can I get the C130 light work? I mean jump light, red light, green light. Thank you:)

Hey guys here is some screenshots of the USAF mod's F-16CJ Fighting Falcon in action. Thanks to John Spartan we now have access to the Popular service menu. He has done so much for us to i just want to properly thank him. In these screenshots you will see some of the missiles that the plane can carry to include the AGM-84 and the AGM 154. More progress upcoming stay tuned!!

2014-12-26_00003.jpg

2014-12-26_00001.jpg

2014-12-26_00002.jpg

2014-12-19_00004.jpg

2014-12-26_00006.jpg

2014-12-26_00005.jpg

2014-12-26_00008.jpg

2014-12-26_00011.jpg

2014-12-26_00014.jpg

2014-12-26_00012.jpg

I want to wish y'all a merry christmas/happy holidays/etc.

One question though, will the F-16 replicate the capabilities of the Block 50/52+ and/or Block 60, or will they be limited to the USAF's Block 50/52s?

I want to wish y'all a merry christmas/happy holidays/etc.

One question though, will the F-16 replicate the capabilities of the Block 50/52+ and/or Block 60, or will they be limited to the USAF's Block 50/52s?

The USAF don't operate 60s only UAE so just 50/52+

Hey not sure if you guys know but me and my group were using the AC130 on our dedicated server and found that it caused major desync when we had a couple of people in it and firing.

Great mod! Very much looking forward to seeing a CV-22 that flies a little more responsively as a rotorcraft. The real deal is somewhere between an H-60 and an H-47. Also excited with the fast rope option. I think it is a great idea to put the belly gun in as an intrim, but I am told AFSOC wants to go with a nose mounted gun (likely a .50 cal gatlin gun). The APKWS and Griffin missiles fired off the company owned MV-22 earlier this month were fired from a quickly implaced mount just aft of the cockpit. Currently it is only on the port side of the aircraft as it would interfer with the crew door on the starboard side of the aircraft . They like this position because it keeps the weapons out of the downwash from the prop-rotors in helicopter mode. There is also a move in the Navy to put winglets on the outside of the rotor nacelles for improved long range performance.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Mmmmmmm

Thats one sexy plane. Love your mod :D

Tried doing air to air refuel last night with the mod. Very cool, with lots of careful power management like you would expect. Noted a couple of minor glitches in the process. First the CV-22, when it connects to the hose the engine nacelles go to full up 90 degrees. It does not effect the refuel operation, but it looks funny at ~ 300kmh. More daunting is that the pilots attitude indicator in the MC-130 goes two dimensional during refuel and pivots around the heading at the start of the refuel. Again not a killer, but it does make the effort more challenging for all involved in the refuel effort.

Overall this is a great mod that adds some awesome new things for the airdales of the community. Really looking forward to being some help with the U.S.Army effort when you all find time for it.

Edited by Yasotay

Working on the sounds for the F-16 and F-22's. So far, not bad... F-16 is shown only.

Shadow, at what sort of distance do your sounds fade off. I've noticed that they are still quiet loud at a far distance. Granted these are very loud jets anyway but is there a way of fading the sound if the jet goes behind something that can hider the sound, for example, a mountain?

Shadow, at what sort of distance do your sounds fade off. I've noticed that they are still quiet loud at a far distance. Granted these are very loud jets anyway but is there a way of fading the sound if the jet goes behind something that can hider the sound, for example, a mountain?

Duhr they are still gonna be loud at a distance! But, to your point, yes they do. I have the distant_plane sample that fades at 6500 meters, which is decent enough but will probably tweak it down still. ArmA 2 did that whole "mute the sounds if the player cannot see the object" quite well, but ArmA 3 is a different story, unfortunately. ArmA 3 doesn't base the sounds around the environment, hence why so much scripting is needed now-days for us sound devs to get what we want. And I'm no script junkie.

So, in short, no they cannot. In A3 anyways, unless LJ (Jarhead) were to help me with my projects...

I need some help with the sound cones, though... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186999-Sound-Cone-technology-Customization-options

-Shadow

That would be cool!

Has there been any work on the B-2, F-35's and the f-22's? I'm so eager to use them CANNOT find another F-22 that actually works :( and the C-130J's texture are messed up for some reason. Some rudders are connected to the propellers somehow and spin outta place. are you planning to add any of the other AC-130's?

Has there been any work on the B-2, F-35's and the f-22's? I'm so eager to use them CANNOT find another F-22 that actually works :( and the C-130J's texture are messed up for some reason. Some rudders are connected to the propellers somehow and spin outta place. are you planning to add any of the other AC-130's?

We have done significant work to the frames you mentioned. As of right now no we do not have planes for the newer versions of the av-130 but as time permits and things go our way as far as the mod is concerned there could be a possibility. To the community we are planning to release our progress up to this point sooner instead of waiting. Meaning soon you will have your hands on newer versions of the ac-130, global hawk, cv-22, reaper, hh-60g and the C-17. The f-16 is in it final stages and the 22 is not far behind. The B-1 and B-2 are needing a lil bit more fine tunning as we add new bombs to its arsenal. The C-5 will be undergoing an overhaul and might actually be taken out of the mod entirely. The F35s as randomslap mentioned this mod will host only the Alpha version which is under production. Teeha has done an excellent job helping us with that aspect. We also will be reorganizing the way the mod is handled. All the planes will go into @usaf_planes., units, vehicles etc. thanks to the team and thanks to the community for working with us.

Are you going to make the G-Suit that the fighter pilots wear and also the HMD helmets ?

Are you going to make the G-Suit that the fighter pilots wear and also the HMD helmets ?

Right now currently we have no plans for it..other than what they have currently. If you know

Someone who is interested in making them have him/her contact me or slap