SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Been messing around with the autopilot orbit with the AC-130. The orbit seems to be really small; to the point where you can't even see the center of the orbit, because when at the 500m minimum altitude, the center is below you. This makes it really hard to get a good orbit because you can't circle an area directly overhead, you have to center your orbit next to the target area, and then the target is only within the gimbal limit of the guns for about a third of the orbit.

What I want to know is, would it be possible to have an autopilot function where a waypoint can be set to give the gunship a center for its orbit, and/or would it be possible to create a way to alter the parameters of the autopilot orbit in flight, such as adjusting the orbit altitude and radius of the orbit?

Regarding my own thread a few lines up ....... as soon as I remove the AC130U from the package the errors are gone....this is really bad because one of my favorites ....

Edited by michaelny

Been messing around with the autopilot orbit with the AC-130. The orbit seems to be really small; to the point where you can't even see the center of the orbit, because when at the 500m minimum altitude, the center is below you. This makes it really hard to get a good orbit because you can't circle an area directly overhead, you have to center your orbit next to the target area, and then the target is only within the gimbal limit of the guns for about a third of the orbit.

What I want to know is, would it be possible to have an autopilot function where a waypoint can be set to give the gunship a center for its orbit, and/or would it be possible to create a way to alter the parameters of the autopilot orbit in flight, such as adjusting the orbit altitude and radius of the orbit?

Anyone out there with more experience correct me if I'm wrong, but this Autopilot isn't just clicking a button in real life, it's more like an "barometric altitude hold" and the radius would depende on the speed, and bank angle of the aircraft at the moment of engaging the autopilot.

Having that said, the script works kinda like that, although the only parameter u cna set is the altitude, you need to line yourself up so that the target area is directly at your 9 o'clock and aprox 1km of distance and in that precise moment hit the autopilot option.

The version that is already on the works has a revised radius of 2 km, so the problem of the guns "not reaching" the center is fixed with that. The speed of the orbit is alreayd fixed.

A lotta stuff has been added into it too:

Hello everyone its been awhile since that i have posted any updates. The team has posted information on projects like the F35B that randomslap is developing that will not release in this mod but will be fully compatible with the USAF mod. Our Future Project will me the other branches of the military and once we create the @US NAVY/Marine mod that version will go into that mod. Deltagamer has made significant progress on the CV-22 and the HH60 and has already posted pics and such. We have also decided that instead of waiting on all of our planes to be done we will be releasing them one at a time. Example being once the C-17 is finished we will not wait on the other planes to release it. It will make it easier and we will be able to provide the community with assets. As Kimi has already pointed out the new version of the AC-130 is complete we just havent released it but will be releasing it in the next couple of days. Kimi has also updated the drones which will also release in the next couple of days. We have been hard at work on the F22 and F16. We have a new model thanks to apolion who authorized us to use his F16. Ericj has been doing two jobs 1 as weapons creator and 2 as texture. I want to say thank you to all of the @US_MILITARY team for all of your hardwork and dedication. I also want to say thank you to all of the BI community for sticking with us as we hope to provide you with better planes and assets. And now i present to you the new and improved F-16 and NVG Version of the pilot helmet. Thank you john spartan for Afterburner and service menus

2014-12-13_00004.jpg

2014-12-13_00002.jpg

2014-12-13_00005.jpg

2014-12-07_00001.jpg

2014-12-13_00003.jpg

2014-12-07_00002.jpg

I really like the way its all starting to look guys! Great work :D! Question, was I mistaken or did I see a camera lock feature in that video geraldbolso posted? Is it the same feature as on the vanilla UAV's, because in my opinion that actually works really well.

I really like the way its all starting to look guys! Great work :D! Question, was I mistaken or did I see a camera lock feature in that video geraldbolso posted? Is it the same feature as on the vanilla UAV's, because in my opinion that actually works really well.

You are correct. The first level of zoom in both ac130 and drones is "free movin", now once u hit zoom once symbology will change and from there u got like 5 zoom levels, all ground stabilized.

You are correct. The first level of zoom in both ac130 and drones is "free movin", now once u hit zoom once symbology will change and from there u got like 5 zoom levels, all ground stabilized.

Cool! That was a feature I was really missing in the current AC-130.

Been having a blast with these planes, especially the AC130 is done very well,

tried to figure out how the B1 lancer is being configured for a script of mine, which basically scans the predefined magazines for bombs, but the lancer is never being included.

After looking through the config it doesn't show any weapons or turrets other than the flare launcher, any workaround / hints?

Cheers

You guys did an out standing job so fAR I am really thank full for the ad dons you guys made so far fun to play with some bugs here and there but who gives a damp still fun to play with I like it thank for making this mod

Hey love this mod.

Just wondering if it's my server or not but the current AC130 build causes major major desync to everyone on the server once we started firing rounds?

Is this just my server or has it happened to other people also? We had 3 people in the ac130 when it happened if that's the issue.

Getting this error? Addon "USAF_SF_PiLOTS_FULLER" requires addon "A3_characters_F_bootcamp"

Known issue, just needs to be redone so it doesn't produce that error.

This mod is great, but i am having a problem, all of the C-130's tend to fall on their tail one budged, is there any way to fix this?

Getting this error? Addon "USAF_SF_PiLOTS_FULLER" requires addon "A3_characters_F_bootcamp"

check the first post - last sentence of it. there is a fix.

Hey everyone, this is what the F-16's HUD/HMCS gonna look like...

It's early WIP, there a lotta stuff to be added yet ;)

I might as well show off some stuff too :)

LFjMEUy.jpg

EA65cOr.jpg

AGM Fastroping!

Edited by deltagamer

By god Deltagamer... WHAT. THE FUCK. I ask for one simple thing and what do you give me...? A hundred fucking times what i asked for!!! How wonderful Christmas is this year!!! :D Same goes to you gerald, nice job! Im waiting on fullerpj now :)

Edit: I cant quite remember if youre planning on making the IDWS on the ospreys belly but imagine having that along with the pods and all 3 machine guns (ramp and sides) :) The paint scheme in the pictures is also quite nice though its marines.

I forgot to reply to this but better late than never. I've already done the IDWS its just needing textured :)

images

hlJXWH4.jpg

ifHeDiw.jpg

1ev9olG.jpg

xa6gb2Z.jpg

IMTkmXx.jpg

bqpeCod.jpg

xvA3ET6.jpg