SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Alright guys here is V0.3 Changelog is on the front page already. I would like to apologize for the long wait, but patience is a virtue that many ppl who frequent this forum do not know, but need to learn. Please from now on dont post things like when is it coming..its done when its done..its a fundamental saying that has been apart of this forum for a long time. Anways i hope you guys enjoy..as always please leave feedback and realize that this MOD is still in ALPHA!!! Somethings you will notice especially is the HH-60's cockpit..it is outdated but we have a fix already set up for it. There are also some BI errors that are effecting the Ac130's Laser designator. Other than that we are good to go..and now i will shut up here is the link. AFSOC were supposed to be released with this version but they are apart of this mod..and from now on will be updated and released with version updates.

v0.3

-CV-22 Osprey Added

-RQ-4A Global Hawk Added

-MQ-9 Reaper Added

-HH-60G Pavehawk Added

-USAF Special Operations added

-AC-130U Gun animations added

-USAF Weapons Pack Added

-AC-130U Script warping fixed

-KC135 Not rolling down runway due to BI update Fixed

-MC-130 Refueling Script Camera Shacking fixed

-Minor Adjustments made to previous aircraft

-BI Key changed

-Pilot Helmet and Vest UI pics updated

-Credits Updated

-Class names changed

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r0tfvnd6o5b74wi/@USAF.rar

Edited by fullerpj

All hail the almighty USAF Mod team, thank you guys so much for all the hard work and the insane amount of time youve put into this.

this man Always keep his promise.

you are the man Fuller.

always thx.

Hope you guys enjoy and please give thanks to the team also. I couldn't have done it without them. Now i have one request to everyone. PLEASE CAN I SEE SOME FREAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF OUR BABIES IN ACTION. MISSION Wise or something..come on lol..GOOD NITE IM GOING TO BED. If you make some videos post them here

Really good job as always!

My sincere gratitude to all the team for your time and dedication.

Thank you very much! :)

Everytime i go into the editor and try to spawn a HH60 i get a No Entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/NVGoggles.sounds'. error preventing me from loading in... even if i spawn the helicopter under empty..

^^^ NVM it fixed itself.. o.0

Another thing.. I guess its just me kinda of being picky.. being that I live on the Base where the Global Hawk mission is taking place (Grand Forks Air Force Base, in North Dakota) and the Global Hawk being our baby up here I guess I'm kinda sad that it still has a propeller noise even tho its a jet engine on the Global Hawk and the fact that its shiny kinda makes me sad.. Other than that it's pretty good! The wing span on that baby is just about down to the T!

Edited by P0LARIS

Everytime i go into the editor and try to spawn a HH60 i get a No Entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/NVGoggles.sounds'. error preventing me from loading in... even if i spawn the helicopter under empty..

Another thing.. I guess its just me kinda of being picky.. being that I live on the Base where the Global Hawk mission is taking place (Grand Forks Air Force Base, in North Dakota) and the Global Hawk being our baby up here I guess I'm kinda sad that it still has a propeller noise even tho its a jet engine on the Global Hawk and the fact that its shiny kinda makes me sad.. Other than that it's pretty good! The wing span on that baby is just about down to the T!

That error is a BI error and can't be fixed until they fix the game on there end. Now it should not stop you from getting in as it is a sound error. That sound will be fixed if a hotfix is warranted which most likely will be

Edited by fullerpj

Crap was at a b-day party drinking, I was still working on the service menus.. I'll try to get all the workable service menus this week in a hotfix for you guys.

Since I had the ability to mess with the CV-22 for a couple days I have to say that it's growing on me a lot. For combat landings I highly recommend coming in as straight as possible into your LZ. In the helos you can pull this off easy of course but with the CV-22 it is very sluggish (the current build I have before I download this version anyway) at low speeds and takes some force to get it to move but it does some times maneuver fairly decent, just don't expect you to maneuver like a Ghost Hawk, which is my preferred ride. Other considerations that if you use the shift-click method to mark your LZ point, throttle down at least 2+ kilometers to idle and enable Auto-Hover, which helps me slow down quick enough. It takes timing and practice but can be done. Also it sticks much better on sloped surfaces so you won't roll down the hill, unless you for some stupid reason put it on a real high grade slope. It hauls ass which is good and remember currently that the rotors do not have the ability to break when you put it in the trees, so for now you can do so without any damage. Of course if you fly into a tree you'll crash and burn. I'd recommend a HUD (OR the HUD mod if geraldso and so makes an update for this) but you can still VFR the bird. Takeoff is naturally short so once you hit about 60+ kph you're taking off quickly. I recommend using Auto-Hover for vertical takeoffs if you've never flown this in A2 (which I haven't). But it takes some patience and practice to get it right, and once you do it's just a nice flying thing. Personally I think it's too loose in Plane mode but hey it's a port so hopefully the FM will get tweaked so its better, but it's flyable and looks sharp so enjoy...

Also I managed to do a short simulated insertion. I flew to the coast and landed, no worries just me at night in Everon. Again when heading back in the direction you came in takes some effort when in Auto-Hover, so get the nose pointed maybe 45 degrees off your destination heading and turn off Auto-Hover and fly on out and land on whatever you need to. Unfortunately I don't have the Fast Sea Frigate so I can't say anything about it. BUT you can submerge the fuselage (my understanding the real bird can) halfwayish and not go to the bottom of the sea, so I'm sure if RAV_LIFTER offers support it'll be cool, or IgiLoad would be good too. Also the bird has not been tested in multiplayer but I did recommend R.Brown but I don't control the pace of the mod so that was just something I threw in. So there may or may not be issues as with the MH-47E since it's also an A2 port.

The sound bug goes on but another consideration, Pack Engines while in the Pilot's, not copilot's seat, as you'll see why and honestly I don't know why but its there. Also the Fire Geometry LOD works fine, as I tested (by accident really) against small arms Katiba fire and it won't get shot down, but there is a chance of taking a round on the gaps on the side of the cockpit, and well... yeah I was killed to death by a Katiba round or maybe Zafir, but they DO like to shoot at you for combat assaults. And also it takes a bit for it to take off so plan accordingly.

Edited by EricJ

Congrats and nice work Fuller & team, good stuff!

Be back with a Aholic link soon.

Absolutely loving it! I will be uploading some videos tomorrow and getting some more time in with everything. I love the B-1 and the Osprey. Everything is outstanding in my book. Is it possible to have a version of the Pavehawk where you can close the doors?

The Reaper's handling seems a little bit too stiff when it comes to making sharp or wide turns in comparison to the Greyhawk, even when cruising with no flaps down and flying at ~200kmh.

Apart from that the Global Hawk handles fine. Always nice to see more UAVs in A3.

I´m getting the startup error (usually related to missing dependancy): Addon "USAF_SF_PiLOTS_FULLER" requires addon "A3_characters_F_bootcamp"

I´m on stable branch V1.26, why it isn´t recognising the vanilla "A3_characters_F_bootcamp" which should had been loaded? Or does the mod requires to be on dev branch? =/

Had to disable USAF_SFS.pbo... or do I need the USAF_SF units SiG released some weeks ago?

Congrats on the release, most whiners (and impatient stalkers that harassed Fullerpj on PMs) will STFU for some days, at least lol but I must confess I´m still waiting on v.4 and .5 ;D

cheers!

EDIT: when the game loads up, I get the internal error: Picture usaf_sfs/icon/icon.paa not found , does the usaf_sfs.pbo could be corrupted? I dl´d it from mediafire link...

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hope you guys enjoy and please give thanks to the team also. I couldn't have done it without them. Now i have one request to everyone. PLEASE CAN I SEE SOME FREAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF OUR BABIES IN ACTION. MISSION Wise or something..come on lol..GOOD NITE IM GOING TO BED. If you make some videos post them here

I'm going to check out them out with the rest of my unit. If we like then we will use one of the planes in a mission and will be recorded lol. I'll link you when we record something.

Some people were saying the mod was shit and everything looked ugly. It's a well done job for that many aircraft and looks very good. I think some people are just to immature for ArmA community expecting a Flight Sim looking cool plane lol and complaining about everything a mod maker makes when it is not even full released yet.

Edited by ArmaPilot

Thanks for the update and thank you to the entire USAF team for your amazing continued work. I am planning to make a very nice showcase video, but I'm waiting to really go into production because there are still some mods that need to be released and updated before I feel I can make a video that does justice not only to this mod, but the Arma community in general. I will make a new thread regarding this project soon because I am going to need some help, mainly with custom animations and camera tracking in Arma III. But I will make it I promise! :D