SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

lol Sound errors ? Check the weapons pack.....

lol Sound errors ? Check the weapons pack.....

Weapons pack delivered to us by Eric j isn't the issue. The issue is BI. No matter what you will get some type of error whether it be with it asking for binocular sounds..laser designator sounds..throw sounds etc. BI will need to be the ones to fix it

Hmm, conscious that the EricJ weapon pack is well known to cause loss of sounds when installed - we have tried to resolve it by working on the config with him but to no avail.. (we love the guns btw ) just can't use it as it breaks all our other sounds..

JFYI

SJ

Hmm, conscious that the EricJ weapon pack is well known to cause loss of sounds when installed - we have tried to resolve it by working on the config with him but to no avail.. (we love the guns btw ) just can't use it as it breaks all our other sounds..

JFYI

SJ

I haven't had a issue with them

They prevent other weapons mods from being audible so if you were running Erics pack or the USAF pack and say Trixies weapons, Eric's weapons over-write something in the sound config for the second pack. So if your mate picks up an L85 you won't be able to hear it.

JFYI.... not sure why you need a weapons pack as part of an Aircraft pack anyway... would you be able to make the units+guns as an optional PBO ? :-)

SJ

Edited by serjames

They prevent other weapons mods from being audible so if you were running Erics pack or the USAF pack and say Trixies weapons, Eric's weapons over-write something in the sound config for the second pack. So if your mate picks up an L85 you won't be able to hear it.

JFYI.... not sure why you need a weapons pack as part of an Aircraft pack anyway... would you be able to make the units+guns as an optional PBO ? :-)

SJ

There there for the Security Forces units and the AFSOC units. Im sure Eric is watching this thread also so if he feels the need he can look into it. Its not just aircraft in this mod :)

UPDATE: Just installed the first Service Menu on the B1 and its working quite well. V0.3 will be available im hoping by 8Aug14 no promises though. Stay tuned

There there for the Security Forces units and the AFSOC units. Im sure Eric is watching this thread also so if he feels the need he can look into it. Its not just aircraft in this mod :)

UPDATE: Just installed the first Service Menu on the B1 and its working quite well. V0.3 will be available im hoping by 8Aug14 no promises though. Stay tuned

No promise is fine by me. I have faith that you guys can pull it off, and even if you can't this at least lets us know that the update is ready and we can enjoy it soon.

Fuller, just a quick question. Is Peral working with you to integrate his airfield logistics pack (aircraft tractors and forklifts) into the USAF mod or am I just imagining it?

Fuller, just a quick question. Is Peral working with you to integrate his airfield logistics pack (aircraft tractors and forklifts) into the USAF mod or am I just imagining it?

It's going to be a standalone mod but have full integration with this mod

Hello Fuller, just a quick question regarding Carpet Bombing, are you planning a "drop everything!" function to drop 40+ Mk82 in a few seconds? I've always felt the clickfest-bombing to be a bit silly and also not looking that great with that straight line of bombs extending from my B-1.

Hello Fuller, just a quick question regarding Carpet Bombing, are you planning a "drop everything!" function to drop 40+ Mk82 in a few seconds? I've always felt the clickfest-bombing to be a bit silly and also not looking that great with that straight line of bombs extending from my B-1.

No I haven't looked at that possibility. I don't think it's liable in a real world situation. The clickfest while tedious is the normal manner of carpet bombing in my opinion and based off of videos. I've never seen 40+ Non GPS bombs all fall on the same location.

No I haven't looked at that possibility. I don't think it's liable in a real world situation. The clickfest while tedious is the normal manner of carpet bombing in my opinion and based off of videos. I've never seen 40+ Non GPS bombs all fall on the same location.

I think he means the fact that the bombs effectively fall in a perfect line from eachother with the lag in load times leaving a longer gap between bombs. He might mean a button to fire all the bombs without continuously clicking.

Wouldn't it be possible to make feature where you cicle thrue a couple of drop programs with he cycle weapons key? I know Peral has a done that with the GAU-8 avenger on his A-10. You have the possibility to fire rounds slow, or rapid, which ofcouse also makes a diffrence in the total amount of rounds fired from the aircraft.

With the B1 for instance you could cycle thrue 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 bombs etc. Press the fire buttom once, and those bombs would fall in a rapid succesion, as fast as you could make them drop with perfect timing by clicking the mouse, only without having to break your mouse :P

I was thinking about doing something like that (minus the high drag kits that is):

Thanks for your reply anyway! It's good to see poeple open to at least listening to feature suggestions.

Edited by boozdeuvash

If I can be a bit picky, one user was complaining that the textures in this mod lack detail. IMO that's unfair, because the textures themselves are really good. BUT ( there's always a 'but' ), what is true is that they don't look much real because they are too clean and pristine like if they were toy planes.

Although I know that the staff from the USAF is really good and clean all the planes, maybe some scratches here and there, some dust/dirt specially in the bottom, oil drippings, etc. would give it more realism.

On the other hand some cockpits could use a bit of texture-love ( C5, B1 and specially the KC135 ), although the C130's cockpit looks outstanding.

After my little "picky-entitled" suggestion. I just want to say that I really love this mod and the possibilities that it adds, and can't wait for the new additions:

-CV-22 Osprey

-RQ-4A Global Hawk

-MQ-9 Reaper

-HH-60G Pavehawk

BTW do the Global Hawk and the Reaper work as the A3 vanilla UAV ( I mean the console, etc. ).

I was thinking about doing something like that (minus the high drag kits that is):

Thanks for your reply anyway! It's good to see poeple open to at least listening to feature suggestions.

Always gonna listen to ppl who support the mod :) and thank you for this video. Im sure it can be added. and thanks tuna for the idea

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

If I can be a bit picky, one user was complaining that the textures in this mod lack detail. IMO that's unfair, because the textures themselves are really good. BUT ( there's always a 'but' ), what is true is that they don't look much real because they are too clean and pristine like if they were toy planes.

Although I know that the staff from the USAF is really good and clean all the planes, maybe some scratches here and there, some dust/dirt specially in the bottom, oil drippings, etc. would give it more realism.

On the other hand some cockpits could use a bit of texture-love ( C5, B1 and specially the KC135 ), although the C130's cockpit looks outstanding.

After my little "picky-entitled" suggestion. I just want to say that I really love this mod and the possibilities that it adds, and can't wait for the new additions:

-CV-22 Osprey

-RQ-4A Global Hawk

-MQ-9 Reaper

-HH-60G Pavehawk

BTW do the Global Hawk and the Reaper work as the A3 vanilla UAV ( I mean the console, etc. ).

Being picky isnt always a bad thing until a it goes overboard..which in this case you didnt so thank you for that. As far as the cockpits they will receive the love in the beta version of this mod our intentions were to get them out first and provide some well needed air assets to arma 3. I promise you they will be touched up in the future. As far as the scratches shockley keeps up with this thread so im sure he will see this and i will bring it to his attention also. Im happy that you enjoy our mod as much as we enjoy working on it :) The Global Hawk and the Reaper both work exactly like the vanilla UAV. The Global Hawk does not have weapons but the reaper does and both work with the console. We eventually want to have a UAV station to simulate real world as a drone can be over in iraq and the pilot sitting on his ass in Nevada. Eventually we will make them standout from the A3 UAV with some more features

where can dowload version 0.3 becon on pws is onli 0.2.2

where can dowload version 0.3 becon on pws is onli 0.2.2

I'm sure they will add it once is released ( both in PWS and here ).

-CV-22 Osprey

-RQ-4A Global Hawk

-MQ-9 Reaper

-HH-60G Pavehawk

My plan for the beta release will included all the extras (scratches, dust, dirt and oil drippings.)

There are 22 aircraft that needs to be completely redone from scratch, for the Alpha release I'm focusing on just getting the base paint laid out and all the lines re-drawn. I could spend literally months on just one aircraft but that wouldn't benefit you guys.

Cool are you going to release the templates or can I request a Marine skin for the V-22? (not unit specific)

;2748111']My plan for the beta release will included all the extras (scratches' date=' dust, dirt and oil drippings.)

There are 22 aircraft that needs to be completely redone from scratch, for the Alpha release I'm focusing on just getting the base paint laid out and all the lines re-drawn. I could spend literally months on just one aircraft but that wouldn't benefit you guys.[/quote']

I understand and I agree that is the best way. Thank you both for the answers :)

Can't wait for the incoming release!

Cool are you going to release the templates or can I request a Marine skin for the V-22? (not unit specific)

Once the service menu is done I can see adding a lot of variations, just let me know what you want and I'll add it to the list.

I can make the template available also.

I think VMM-263 would be a good start and cool :)

First I just want to say what a massive fan I am of this pack. I have been using it for at least two months now and it is incredible!

When I saw that V 0.3 had a Pavehawk in it I went to special kind of heaven. Which leads me on to asking in the least annoying way I can, what timeframe is V0.3 looking to get repaired in and do you accept testers?