SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Congratulations to you, a very high quality work. I will test it on dedicated server. it is intended to provide a keys file in the future?

Thank you again for this great work fullerpj. :yay:

=]FF[=Walt71.

I forgot to add them I'll make a hotfix once I get more errors if any and include them in there

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

had bw mod running so now it is gone no entry 'config.bin/rscingameui.'. with out bw it is fine

but i got that no cannot load texture vehicle_w_mg.paa one have the AC130 on the map

Gotcha

Things I've noticed so far.

Good:

- Better looking C-5, KC-135 and 130s

- Better C-5 and B-1 performance

Not so good:

- KC-135 still lowers the boom for the F/A-18

- KC-135 still rubber-bands sometimes when you're flying close to it, when AI is flying it in both the editor and multiplayer

- AC-130 has this little white square texture following it, sometimes white squares appear over the rotors too (might affect all 130s)

- MC-130J can't refuel from KC-135

- B-1B has this menu issue where the open refuel hatch option flickers in and out

- Berrets don't seem to work (helmets and vests are fine)

no worries :) fullerpj

Take the necessary time for your patches, and thank you again for this great mod.

=]FF[=Walt71.

Things I've noticed so far.

Good:

- Better looking C-5, KC-135 and 130s

- Better C-5 and B-1 performance

Not so good:

- KC-135 still lowers the boom for the F/A-18

- KC-135 still rubber-bands sometimes when you're flying close to it, when AI is flying it in both the editor and multiplayer

- AC-130 has this little white square texture following it, sometimes white squares appear over the rotors too (might affect all 130s)

- MC-130J can't refuel from KC-135

- B-1B has this menu issue where the open refuel hatch option flickers in and out

- Berrets don't seem to work (helmets and vests are fine)

The F/A-18 as of right now is not compatible the correct way with the kc-135. I will get with him because the point needs to be changed to hose instead of probe so it can go to the correct one.

-I havent experinced this personally but i will look into it

- I havent experinced this one either but will look at the model and see if there is anything floating about

-I did not add the points to the MC-130J as it a refueler itself..this will be corrected

- Ill look into the B1 menu issue..i thought it was fixed my apologies

- Ill see whats going on with the berrets

Thanks for errors im making a list now

AC130U

still there 1. no entry 'config.bin/rscingameui.'. get in to pilot seat and then go to any of the seats this comes up just @usaf mod running now

2. cannot load texture vehicle_w_mg.paa

3. 105 main gun need some love other guns are ok

4. getting about a 10sec freeze on mission start up just ac130u on map

5. plus that ever that is lol AddInitAndRemoveOverridden statistics ... total messages = 57

33 ... Type_10

1 ... Type_47

2 ... Type_48

19 ... Type_54

2 ... Type_268

AddInitAndRemoveOverridden statistics ... total messages = 61

33 ... Type_10

1 ... Type_47

2 ... Type_48

19 ... Type_54

2 ... Type_268

4 ... Type_328

b1b

1. about 3 sec freeze up on mission start just b1 on map

2. menu flickering

C5

1. only a little freeze about 3 sec every thing works for me so far

KC 130

1. mission start kc130\data\rvmatc130j.sklo.rvmat

2. 3 to 5 sec freeze up

KC135

1. no problems found so far

C130J cargo

1. 3 to 5 sec freeze on mission start up

2. small white square behind plane

c130j transport

1. 3 to 5 sec freeze on mission start up

2. small white square behind plane

that's it so far gone test some more time to play the game now lol

and you guys did a damn good job with that mod nice job

-I havent experinced this personally but i will look into it

Now I'm noticing the rubberbanding happening sometimes with other planes when AI fly them as well (e.g. C-5, KC-130, ERJ-135), so it's likely nothing to do with the KC-135 then.

Previously I've observed it go away after the plane passes a checkpoint or I swap to another plane myself. If no one else has experienced this while testing tankers with AI I might just have a bad addon combo or config.

On another note, it would be cool if some of your planes left a jet stream/trail like Peral's C-17.

Now I'm noticing the rubberbanding happening sometimes with other planes when AI fly them as well (e.g. C-5, KC-130, ERJ-135), so it's likely nothing to do with the KC-135 then.

Previously I've observed it go away after the plane passes a checkpoint or I swap to another plane myself. If no one else has experienced this while testing tankers with AI I might just have a bad addon combo or config.

On another note, it would be cool if some of your planes left a jet stream/trail like Peral's C-17.

They do leave a exhaust stream.. And peral'a c-17 hasn't been released yet :)

I can't get the Captcha to load on the link D:

I can't get the Captcha to load on the link D:

if you have adblock disable it, i had to and it worked fine.

Ok after going through some of the errors that were identified.

-I see the issue with the beret..the p3d was not in there and it will be in the hotfix

-I do not see these squares behind the planes

- the seconds it takes for the planes to load up is an issue with the owners computer

-the menu flickering is being taken care of

-the rubber band issue im looking into

-the texture issues are going to be taken care of

-the 102 howitzer is being fixed

-config.bin/rscingameui issue has been resolved

-the MC-130J not having the refuel points will be taken care of

All of these will be in the hotfix that i will have out as soon as possible.

They do leave a exhaust stream.. And peral'a c-17 hasn't been released yet :)

Sorry, meant randomslap/muckep. :o

It has a very visible and attractive white jet stream nevertheless.

Re: 130 texture glitches, I'll take a screenshot if I see them again.

Sorry, meant randomslap/muckep. :o

It has a very visible and attractive white jet stream nevertheless.

Re: 130 texture glitches, I'll take a screenshot if I see them again.

In real life you would see something like that on the B-52 not the C-17 nor C-130

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In the Pilot seat, the autopilot function allows for switching to gunners right? What I noticed was I wasn't able to move back to the pilot seat, I'm not sure if I'm wrong about this but theoretically is it supposed to be able to fly with 1 pilot?

I might be mistaken about that, but when we're flying with 2 pilots, what would be the most efficient was the ability to switch back and forth between the guns and the pilot seat once set into Autopilot.

If that were possible, a team of two would be very efficient in the AC-130. Reason for me asking this is that most groups that play with fixed wings like this don't always have 10 pilots available.

Is this going to be possible or is it just a mere dream? :)

Tested some more with the AC-130. I believe there's those white blocks in front of the rotors when looking in 3D person, I can also take over the controls of the plane whilst being in one of the guns rather than the CO-pilot seat. This obviously doesn't work during Autopilot, so once In the gunner seat switched from pilot, you'll be stuck there until you land and get out again (or eject)

I tested out the GAU-12/U and it does lots of damage, but it's sounds are completely shattering, it's basically louder than anything in the game, I think it could result in some broken eardrums and broken headsets/speakers. Could this be lowered?

Another question popped up, about the current hud for the pilot. I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but it's very unclear where the instruments are showing, like the degrees of diving etc, so currently you can't fly it with any instruments as they aren't working properly.

Great job so far though, love that there's an AC-130!

Edited by Oksman

From all I've noticed wrong.. is somehow your planes end up under my USAF Faction..when the classnames are far from similar for the faction xD

In the Pilot seat, the autopilot function allows for switching to gunners right? What I noticed was I wasn't able to move back to the pilot seat, I'm not sure if I'm wrong about this but theoretically is it supposed to be able to fly with 1 pilot?

I might be mistaken about that, but when we're flying with 2 pilots, what would be the most efficient was the ability to switch back and forth between the guns and the pilot seat once set into Autopilot.

If that were possible, a team of two would be very efficient in the AC-130. Reason for me asking this is that most groups that play with fixed wings like this don't always have 10 pilots available.

Is this going to be possible or is it just a mere dream? :)

Tested some more with the AC-130. I believe there's those white blocks in front of the rotors when looking in 3D person, I can also take over the controls of the plane whilst being in one of the guns rather than the CO-pilot seat. This obviously doesn't work during Autopilot, so once In the gunner seat switched from pilot, you'll be stuck there until you land and get out again (or eject)

I tested out the GAU-12/U and it does lots of damage, but it's sounds are completely shattering, it's basically louder than anything in the game, I think it could result in some broken eardrums and broken headsets/speakers. Could this be lowered?

Yes if you are piloting the AC-130 alone that function is for switching to the gunners positions. If your flying a AC-130 with a full crew of AI you cant switch back. And no this ac-130 wasn't designed to be used by one person it can be but wasn't designed with that intent. It is like that to take advantage of all three guns firing together. Are you flying with two players and the rest AI? because if you aren't then you should freely be able to switch to any position in the plane unless occupied by your friend. I have flown the AC-130 by myself and switched between the guns and fired to test and got back in the pilots seat no problems. I will lower the Gau-12s sounds. I don't plan on changing the Ac-130s original function sorry.

I just noticed that your emblem is the same one my unit used when we were in Iraq with the army Det 3

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

From all I've noticed wrong.. is somehow your planes end up under my USAF Faction..when the classnames are far from similar for the faction xD

its because were both probably using USAF as a faction name..class names don't really matter as that is what the engine looks for first and designates according to that

Edited by fullerpj

Ironicly both of our factions show; As your mods dedicated to the USAF I'll change mines name!

Hey again, I've got a bug report for the AC-130 in v0.2

1- Laser spot isn't aligned with the TV crosshairs.

2- getting in through the cargo ramp can injure/kill you.

3- I'll send a PM message for this bug or solution. It's got to do with the radius/altitude of the orbit.

4- Airspeed while orbiting is around 112 kph, which feels rather slow, it should be around 120 knots shouldn't it?

5- There's a need for rangefinder on the sights and a zeroing counter on the vanilla hud, otherwise aligning the guns with the target turns into a trial and error.

I'll keep posting other bugs I find. Cheers.

EDIT1: C-5 sounds, the in cockpit sounds are louder than the 3erd person view, and are very loud.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

just a small update the lag i hat at mission start had to do with my PC sorry about that tested it to day again and now it is gone

Hey Fuller,

Just would like to say awesome job!

Things I have noticed with v 0.2 (maybe its just me since I think im the first)

(these tests were all in single player)

• C-130 variants seem to take a year to roll but the AC-130U doesn't
  • MC-130 won't allow me to refuel always replying "Our hoses are currently in use" also seems to be that the hoses are flickering on my screen.
  • AC-130U gunship's 25mm seems to do a lot more damage than the other weapons (test conducted shot the ATC tower at ALTIS, the 25mm seemed to destroy it in 12 shots (about 1 second) the other 2 weapons seemed to take 5 shots roughly took about 6 seconds) incorrect
  • AC-130U M102 seems to not be zeroed correctly, other weapons are fine (this was at height of 1338m testing, 1 test only used) also the weapon loses 6 rounds every time you fire?
  • MC-130 and KC-135 refuel action can be accessed while on foot outside of the aircraft on the ground
  • The Red light and green light actions seem to be repeated but yet the repeated actions do nothing?
  • waitUntil {!#DMM_Orbit_active}
    (line 9 ac_130u\scripts\orbit\init.sqf) error undefined valuable in expression: DMM_Orbit_active
    maybe try waitUntil {DMM_Orbit_active isEqualTo false};

Other than that keep up the good work!

Edited by Lala14

Hey fuller, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a smart autopilot. One which you can program to fly in line with direct input from the player. The current autopilot only allows for a fixed circle to be flown, and it really hard to keep fire on specific targets. I would like something which I can tell at which altitutde, which degree of roll, how wide the circle should be etc. And just hit execute and for the plane to manouvre in line with the new pattern. Maybe its also possible to let the plane fly figure 8's or something like that?

Also there's no accurate way to determine the center of the flight pattern, makes it really hard to actually aim the guns.

Edited by CyclonicTuna