SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Hey fuller it is possible that you can increase the power of the breaks of the B1 that would be a great help for taxiing

An AC-130 and a KC-135, but no KC-130? :( I want to refuel my Helos. Are you planning on doing something like this?

An AC-130 and a KC-135, but no KC-130? :( I want to refuel my Helos. Are you planning on doing something like this?

Whats the point when the vanilla Arma 3 helicopters arent compatible? You need the refueling arm on the helicopter nose in order to refuel from a plane :P

Hey fuller. I hope the mod is coming along well. I've got two more suggestions for you if you're interested.

I noticed that when waling in the C5's cargo bay, outside light actually shines in and casts some weird shadows. I don't know wether this is something that is easily fixed, but I think it would look a lot nice if it were dim inside. Secondly, I know you've already mentioned that you're looking for a texture artist. Well hopefully you'll find someone in the near future, and if you do, do you think you could make the aircraft look a little... dirtier? I think the textures arn't actually that bad, but the one think I'm missing a bit is the black smears, and gritty look of the aircraft. You know I've never seen a military aircraft that looks like it just rolled out of the assembly, these machines are being used rigorously, and should look the part in my opinion.

I came across this screenshot and this is what I think the KC-135 should look like for instance:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/sotwplanelarge_6750.jpg (409 kB)

You can see how the engine exhausts are just black or dark grey from all the exhaust fumes, and the underside is dirty aswell from all the smokey landings, collection of black and grey near the flaps etc.

Anyway, just wanted to point that out. Good luck with the further development!

Kc-130 might come later it is not something that I'm currently concerned with atm

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

Whats the point when the vanilla Arma 3 helicopters arent compatible? You need the refueling arm on the helicopter nose in order to refuel from a plane :P

^^ this 100%

Kc-130 might come later it is not something that I'm currently concerned with atm

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

^^ this 100%

Besides you could still add hose pods to the KC-135 wings or make a different version. KC-130 would be nice to have nonetheless but someone has to make the choppers first xD I have an idea though, do you think you could add a refueling probe to a new ghosthawk version's nose (in a separate mod)? I dont think it would be that complicated. As you said, its no priority atm im just pointing stuff out. If you ever end up making a KC-130, i expect a basic C-130 to follow xD

Besides you could still add hose pods to the KC-135 wings or make a different version. KC-130 would be nice to have nonetheless but someone has to make the choppers first xD I have an idea though, do you think you could add a refueling probe to a new ghosthawk version's nose (in a separate mod)? I dont think it would be that complicated. As you said, its no priority atm im just pointing stuff out. If you ever end up making a KC-130, i expect a basic C-130 to follow xD

He'd have to have the Ghosthawks original model which isn't released; So it wouldn't be possible unless he made his own helicopters / someone else did.

He'd have to have the Ghosthawks original model which isn't released; So it wouldn't be possible unless he made his own helicopters / someone else did.

..or a solution I thought of a while ago is to model a refueling probe for the Ghosthawk and use the attachto command to attach it to the chopper. Not sure if it would actually work tho.

Do remember that the Ghosthawk is part of the US Army, while this mod is working on representing the USAF. So might not be good chemistry there too.

..or a solution I thought of a while ago is to model a refueling probe for the Ghosthawk and use the attachto command to attach it to the chopper. Not sure if it would actually work tho.

Do remember that the Ghosthawk is part of the US Army, while this mod is working on representing the USAF. So might not be good chemistry there too.

Thats what i had in mind, im terrible at explaining xD

I'm sure Konyo's MH-47E has a refueling probe, so that is an option

Youre right and so does the osprey sakura chan is making. However, we have to wait for both these mods to release as well :/ During the meantime, refueling pods and hoses are not a feature to be rushed with.

Update on progress of V0.2

-KC-135's turn radius and take off speed have been fixed

-KC-135's Gear issues have been fixed

-The current AC-130 has been decommissioned and a newer version will be released with V 0.2 with the texture errors fixed

-AC-130's weapon damage has been increased

-AC-130's gear issues have been fixed.

-You are now able to move freely from seat to seat even if you have a AI crew in the AC-130

-B-1's Turning radius has been fixed

-C-5 Galaxy turning radius has been fixed and markings on the Tail wing have been turned to proper direction

-AC-130s Recoil not working for the L60 has been fixed.

- USAF_SFS issues with pilots have been resolved.

- Textures have been updated on AC-130

- B-1 Bombers speed has been increased to reflect real life. Afterburners are being fixed

With the release of V 0.2 as long as the errors and everything is up to par we will move into the next portion of our mod and im sure everyone has been waiting on that. Pics will be coming soon to see what you can expect to be released. Stay tuned.

Edited by fullerpj

If you want to have a Ghosthawk/helicopter with air-to-air refuelling, use the MH-60G Pave Hawk. That has in-flight refuelling, and as an addition, can be equipped with the Hellfire system, if you need some extra firepower.

It will also give air force personnel a helicopter to use, rather than Ghosthawk.

Textures updated on AC-130? Does it means the symetry was finally fixed and HD textures? This annoyed me since the original C-130 came out with Arma 2 :D

Nice work.

I loved the AC-130U. Keep on it.

good to hear that you guy fixed all the problems in that short amount of time

Sounds like some quality updates. Can't wait. Great work!!!!

Hey great to see the wheels moving on this project. I have encountered a problem though.

Upon placing these aircraft down in the editor on Altis to check them out my game crashed. So i tried with each individual aircraft and all but the Spooky crashed A3 with this error: 88a36b8afe05295fd929d5593fb7dc4a.gif Note: this is after my Arma 3 updated on steam. I will switch to experimental branch and attempt again.

Hey great to see the wheels moving on this project. I have encountered a problem though.

Upon placing these aircraft down in the editor on Altis to check them out my game crashed. So i tried with each individual aircraft and all but the Spooky crashed A3 with this error: http://i.gyazo.com/88a36b8afe05295fd929d5593fb7dc4a.gif Note: this is after my Arma 3 updated on steam. I will switch to experimental branch and attempt again.

This is the first time that this error has been reported please check your files.