Sign in to follow this  
bullhorn

Zeus for video content creation

Thanks to the flying-camera you can have in Zeus, it can be a great tool for creating cinematic scenes.

I would like to request a few features for this purpose:

1) Smoother controls (I'm looking back at Half-Life 1 mods that exist for over a decade. They have flawless flying-camera spectator mode which would allow Zeus to 'operate the camera' better)

2) The ability to completely hide all HUD elements as well as ingame-pointers like the blue friendly safe-zone ring and on-screen markers

3) Mouse cursor should disappear when you right-click to change the angles of the camera

There's probably more ideas to come but I think these should be very simple and efficient.

I'm kinda new, I've never heard about or used it. I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Splendid is not exactly smooth if you want to move the camera with the mouse while you are panning it. I also find that for real close up stuff it is too fast.

Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

I mentioned Half-Life because it is extremely old and yet it works amazingly well.

The WASD keys are used to move forwards/backwards/strafe-left/strafe-right. Jump key is 'gain altitude' and duck is 'reduce altitude'.

Mouse movement is changing the direction of view - because Arma has a mouse cursor it should only change the direction when the right mouse button is pressed.

This is really simple and worked 15 years ago, how come we fail to see a simple-but-working free view in Arma than?

The spectator mode has a similar behavior and some cool features like orbiting around a focused point or even unit while it is moving. But it lacks the splendid camera features. I think a good solution would be a combination of both. Splendid camera with spectator mode moving would be great for video content creation.