Sign in to follow this  
anusmangler

Mission will not preview...?

Ive never had this happen before, after laying down the mission in the editor I cant preview it. It hangs on the loading screen. Ive cleaned up code and deleted some vehicles to get it to load and nothing.....anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I dont have any mods that change the gameplay of arma just mods like blastcore and speed of sound.

Save the mission under a different name and try again. If it still happens start deleting stuff. Then try again, if it still hangs, delete more and try again, etc. until the mission works. This way you can find out where the problem is rooted and if it has something to do with your mission.

Make sure you have logging turned on (it is by default) as well, try to run the mission and then check the .rpt file. The .rpt almost always has the details of what's going on. Just track down any errors you're seeing in that file.

I am trying to think of the simplest thing here ... do you have a playable unit in the mission? In the past I have used a different unit to check on things and then deleted that unit leaving no playable unit in the mission. Whilst the option to preview disappears you can still hit continue in haste and then wonder why the mission won't load.

oohhh im have this problem too with crcti .... i never though of renaming it , ill try that... deleting things will be my last resort, rpt file didnt help much for me the errors were (wtf is this "look on my face")

found out that the FIA truck does NOT like to be told to keep its lights on. deleted the truck then replaced the truck and now it works but whats strange is i dont even have alot going on in this mission. More immersive ambiance the anything else, but it takes like 2-4 mins to load the mission in the first place. the folder is barely over 10kb. TEN FUCKING KILOBYTES! its not like im running a shitty computer either, im averaging 40FPS with everything on high and vantage distance at about 7k. so im baffled how a 10kb file and cripple my computer. anyone else have any ideas?

sounds to me the mission is having load issues , maybe init is looping, its hard to say without more info or testing myself.

mission im editing is close to 4 mb , and loads about 45 seconds.

post a link to the mission , ill look at it ... maybe illl see somthing you missed?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

@lex renaming mission in editor didnt work,

dont worry , Im Noob too , ive just been around along time.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v5e82dm6nkewdz6/64CpOuaeZM you can check it out if you want. Just don't shit on me with the chat dialog I cant write a script to save my life. Also theres alot of polishing and figuring out how to have the units stop talking.

ive tested misson 6 or 7 time loading and it loads in 20 seconds, so it might be somthing on your end?

try editing some typ of description.ext and a init for the chatdiaolgs, other than that i cant see anything wrong.

Edited by Dr Death JM