NightIntruder

Grumman C-1A Trader for A2OA 0.5 BETA

I already tried very hard but could not find a way to animate memory points such as nav lights. Perhaps, it is engine's limitation here as the other carrier based addons known to me have the same issue.

The way I do it (in Arma2 Modding Toolbox for 3DSMAX) that the lights connected to the folding wingobject (Select and link). That the animation is working in 3dsmax, but tell the true, I have not try in game engine. Maybay possible in the Oxygen2 make smiliar. Unfortunately, I have only just learn the modding system. I have a lot of the vauge spot. :)

The way I do it (in Arma2 Modding Toolbox for 3DSMAX) that the lights connected to the folding wingobject (Select and link). That the animation is working in 3dsmax, but tell the true, I have not try in game engine. Maybay possible in the Oxygen2 make smiliar. Unfortunately, I have only just learn the modding system. I have a lot of the vauge spot. :)

I know how the animation system works in 3ds max. I have tried to fix it in different ways in O2. You can link animated parts in model.cfg only through declaration of bones and animation classes but apparently it does not work for memory points. They are single vertexes in special MemoryPoints LOD and there is nothing (more then points) to link them with or make them be a part of the wings selections. Naming them the same names as a wings tips (to use and synchronise with alredy existed animations of the wings) does not work neither. I will tinker with it more tho.

Hey Night I can help you with the wing fold stuff. Have done that for all the Unsung aircraft. I can walk you through that no problem. I can also help for these issues:

- blurred rotor textures are visible all the time

- the aircraft can fly with folded wings,

- the aircraft starts with gear retracted, it deploys it in 4.5 secs whenever it starts on ground/deck

- nav lights:

1. Identify the animation selection of the folding wing. E.g. if it is called wing_fold_L then keep that handy.

2. Open the Memory LOD.

3. Select the nav lights on the appropriate wing fold selection.

4. create new selection, name it the "wing_fold_L" selection to be the same.

That's it. The animation will move those points in all the LODs.

- blurred rotor textures are visible all the time

1. If you used the BIS prop names you will make life easier for yourself. If not, you'll have to define the new names in your config. Look in for example the C130 model.

2. There's 3 different selections for a prop. the "HIDE" selection for the actual 3D model, the "BLUR" selection that "un-hides", and the rotation.

3. I keep one of the BIS models open so I don't get confused. You'll have to define those in the same fashion. The selections go into the "SECTIONS" of the model.cfg, as well as the animations. "done".

- the aircraft can fly with folded wings,

I have a script that I use to allow/disallow the folding wing actions based on speed. Also have an "engine check" script that will set the actions for you if the engine is started. Script works great. Keeps any "flying when folded" situations in check ;) No need for XEH or anything else.

- the aircraft starts with gear retracted, it deploys it in 4.5 secs whenever it starts on ground/deck

You can also reverse the animation ranges in the model.cfg animations so the min and max rotation values are reversed. So basically you are reversing only those values, and the game engine will start with gear down vs. up. Did that for my Skymaster aircraft. Kind of a PITA but it gets the job done.

There he is! My savior! Thanks a lot, buddy :) I will give it a try tomorrow but speaking of what you wrote above it seems to me that all your solutions should work, so thank you very much :)

Regarding blurred rotor textures, it is weird as from pilot view everything works great (blurred textures hides) but not in external view. I also had the textures working in external view previously, but it changed after I had sorted textures in that particular LOD in Oxygen2, I believe. Anyway, thanks again for help, I will work on it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I also had the textures working in external view previously, but it changed after I had sorted textures in that particular LOD in Oxygen2, I believe. Anyway, thanks again for help, I will work on it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Make sure the blur faces are "moved top" otherwise they will look odd. In fact I "move top" all the glass faces, and THEN "move top" all the blur faces. Something to keep in mind as I always forget to do it :)

Hello guys, okay ?

I know this is an old post, but come on ..

First, I would like to congratulate the great work done at Trader !

But I have found some problems :

In the Mission Editor, I put the Trader in Nimitz 's deck, and when I click Preview, it's there.

But when I create the .pbo, and I will play the mission effectively, the Trader or disappears from the deck, or is exploding below.

I thought it was something related to positioning height in Nimitz 's deck, but checked it, and it is correct, all other aircraft and objects work, but the Trader insists not appear or respawn .

What can be ?

does the mission spawn the plane before the nimitz?

otherwise put a script on it to respawn it every 10 mins, if it's dead

hey Night, I cannot believe we missed this quality bird from unsung... can we add it to the final 2.7 patch?

Sure, eggbeast. Just give me a shout when ready to get it :)

BTW... you said 2.7 ? :) O man.... I would love to see my A-3 and CH-21 alive then :) Have you considered those ones as well, guys ?