Sign in to follow this  
zeealex

Female heads Mod (yes, another one)

well i don't plan to add any strippers or naked models, so that's going to be pretty hard to replicate ;)

how do you mean, just get a screenshot of the PMC with a press vest on?

UPDATE:

just finalizing the import of the first Takistani female model, so far she's looking pretty good, just need to change the hands (unfortunately) it's either that or i remove the rig on the current hands so they don't move.

yes to the PMC with vest test, and i ment if you open source it someones gunna try

ooh yeah, sure sorry, screenshots inbound!

aye aye, someone's bound to, but lets hope they keep it to themselves and not put a black mark on an otherwise decent community.

vest tests:

vest_and_weapon_test_by_zeealex-d7fusyn.jpg

vest_test_by_zeealex-d7fuss9.jpg

takistani woman (hands need work)

takistani_woman_prelim_test_by_zeealex-d7fut8e.jpg

YEAHH... Gnarly... hands DO need some work lol :)

Loving the outfit though, that is stunning !!

SJ

yes sir

Community people doing work that should do bohemia

it would be ArmA without modders of the community?

Thank you so much for your work zeealex

good luck with the project :f:

YEAHH... Gnarly... hands DO need some work lol :)

SJ

the ported one from Arma 2 does, the current one just needs to be made female hands

they actually fit very well i like how the vests look on her

yep! I was really pleased when I saw the vest on and working well, I was expecting a lot more clipping and skeleton issues. but it seems to work quite well.

YEAHH... Gnarly... hands DO need some work lol

SJ

thanks, glad you like it! :)

as AngelWingGamingJacob mentioned, the takistani woman's hands are messed up (her arms are too far back) where as the PMC's seems to work fine, but both sets need work, currently weighing up the chances of the female hands i have in mind working.

yes sir

Community people doing work that should do bohemia

it would be ArmA without modders of the community?

Thank you so much for your work zeealex

good luck with the project

thank you, for the encouraging words ;)

I've spent most of my day today upgrading my system and fitting my new desk, so not a lot has been done, however, I'm not sure if you can see a difference or not, but i've upgraded the face textures a little bit, got the normal and specular map working on "mason" but her skin needs redoing.

ID -Mason:

normal_map_test__mason_by_zeealex-d7fyr2f.jpg

ID -Oakes

new_texture_test___oakes_by_zeealex-d7fyrj5.jpg

it's a very subtle difference, but they are sharper, and more defined, unlike the previous textures. these have also had some color changes, namely given ID -Oakes ginger hair... oops!

I'll be updating the PMC body model textures, sharpening them up and adding colour variations/normal maps. then I'll be re-weighting the heads with more precision. once that's done. I'll move on to the next model.

very good, now i can mess with one of my unit members with the last name mason even though hes a guy

muahahahaha! evil... i like it! :icon_twisted:

...it's a very subtle difference, but they are sharper, and more defined, unlike the previous textures. these have also had some color changes, namely given ID -Oakes ginger hair... oops!

Make sure you model in the green freckles and squinty eyes...

Serious question though, are your heads animated, with blinking eyes, moving mouths etc. That was one of the drawbacks of icewindow's preliminary stuff.

so far only the eyes and head move, but when I re-rig the heads tomorrow i might have a play around with the facial weighting, getting a moving mouth (opening, closing etc) would mean re-exporting the models with every separate component, something I wanted to avoid initially, but I'm not so unsure now.

it was more of a confidence issue and i had this gut feeling that the face would distort if i added the jaw animations.

Well I'll take your word for it zeealex, I know nada about 3d modelling etc. No matter what you do, it'll be better than the alternative (nothing) and based upon how meticulously you are approaching it, I'm sure the end result will be spectacular.

this is one of the most needed additions. glad to have you zee. fat civs sounds awesome btw. i also loved the old grandmas in A2... everything that brings immersion.

Sent from mobile

Well I'll take your word for it zeealex, I know nada about 3d modelling etc. No matter what you do, it'll be better than the alternative (nothing) and based upon how meticulously you are approaching it, I'm sure the end result will be spectacular.
this is one of the most needed additions. glad to have you zee. fat civs sounds awesome btw. i also loved the old grandmas in A2... everything that brings immersion.

Sent from mobile

thank you both! :) it's great to hear your suggestions, if no-one mentioned that a full facial rig was important I probably would've left it out, but hearing it helps make this better and more desirable.

I'm warming up to fatter and aged civilians more, I mean not everyone is going to be fit, healthy muscular young guys are they? there's going to be a few more sedentary lifestyle loving ones, it'll be good for immersion's sake like you said. besides, what's more fun than playing as an old grandma with a machine gun, kicking ass?

while I'm working on the facial rigs, I'll try and get an Iranian woman in for use, even though I'm not sure they would be allowed to work in CSAT ranks, it'll be good to have some racial variety in there anyway.

aye aye, they don't necessarily have to be soldiers though, and like i said, racial variety is good :)

aye aye, they don't necessarily have to be soldiers though, and like i said, racial variety is good :)

ok btw did you get my message regarding a character

Looking good, a much needed mod.

For voices it should be possible to port the voice from A2 operation arrowhead. I think.

iranian soldiers will not work as islamic belief goes against female equality

Iran does have armed female militias.

Edited by motorizer

good point, i might look into it, i don't think they would be as fluid, but it could work.

yeah, i was thinking about militias, civilians or just soldiers of that racial origin, who live in other countries

If you're going all out, I believe Qaddafi had female elite military soldiers as his personal guards. There are places for women in high and dangerous places despite all the religious / political rhetoric. So historically, it would be great to honor them.

It would also be a fairly large psychological issue to go up against these OPFOR troops.

Libyan

gaddafis-female-soldiers.jpg

Syrian (don't know if government or FFA faction)

http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2013/10/Female-Fighters-0213312125474.jpg (124 kB)

Syria-Free-Army2.jpg

Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG)

http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2013/12/Female-Fighters-Kurds-011623810172.jpg (398 kB)

Iraqi

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Female_iraqi_soldier_with_a_Kalashnikov.JPEG (659 kB)

Iranian

30-.jpg

Turkey

Turkey.jpg

Russian

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_1277371213.jpg

Chinese PLA Snipers in training

0cp5K.jpg

South Korean

800xl.jpg

Of course, don't forget all the western forces :D

Edited by Valken

thanks for the ref images guys, it gives me a little better idea of how the female soldiers of that nationality look etc.

so, rigging the head went fairly well yesterday, I got ID -Oakes to blink, frown, sniffle, scorn etc with the only problems being quite a lot of overweighted verts that need sorting, I'll probably get around to sorting those weights in another program, Oxygen 2 is a nightmare for painting weights where you don't want them.

just uploading a quick test vid on youtube, you can see for yourself the problems the weighting has (I don't think the screenshots really get a good idea of the problems and how well you'd be able to live with them) it'll be fixed up soon, the video will be uploaded in an hour and a half-ish.

up until 20th June, development will be a little slower than it has been, I'm back at college and it's straight up revision for my A-level exams until then, but I'll post updates as of when they are done, until June 20th, I'll probably look into texture updates and variations for the gear and importing new head models and gear in with basic rigging.

after 20th june, more precise modifications can be made.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Youtube Vid:

I understand that technically, there's still plenty of work to do, but that video shows that what you're doing is already 1000% better than what we have in A3 already. Thanks for your continued work on this.

woohoo! thank you for your kind words :) I'm hoping it'll reach if not exceed expectations once its finished.

and "on that bombshell" as Jeremy Clarkson would say...

a wild model appears!

shot_zps275be3f3.jpg

this is the base for the NATO soldier uniform, it looks like the PMC at the moment, but it will be completely overhauled to look more like NATO combat gear.

not finished by a long shot, as you can see only 3900 polygons have been utilized (putting it into perspective, ID- Mason's head is 7900), allowing plenty of room for tessellation and therefore detail upgrades. first detail update will be adding pockets to the sleeves like a FROG combat shirt and I'll possibly create some kneepads or something for a 2nd variation.

of course all that is well and good, but my tools drive has mysteriously disappeared, here's to hoping a restart brings it back... or i'm fudged.

anyway, college in the morning so, i'm signing off for tonight ;)