m1lkm8n

Jalalabad, Afghanistan---By M1lkm8n and Smokedog

All the secret areas etc look really good, would be awesome to see those bolted/padlocked doors work with ace boltcutters one day, there would need to be some command to remove all the unlock actions at mission start tho.

• Like 1

Nice work on all the objects m1lky you have been busy with the other objects we have they going to look great , with so many compounds to fill I hope I have managed to make them not look all the same with the gates pillars entrances fences shops and grain stores, should make it look a little different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FJEWjAqIbI&t=0s

• Like 6

Are it gonna be standalone map ore do we need cup

5 hours ago, smokedog3para said:

No cup for this one new updated jbad objects will be required.

Smoke, are you aware of the lack of civs spawning in JBAD buildings such as on Lythium (which you may or may not be aware of regarding JBAD)? Love your buildings but didn't know if you had anyone else mention it to you for mods such as ALiVE and how those buildings are detected via spawning scripts.

2 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Smoke, are you aware of the lack of civs spawning in JBAD buildings such as on Lythium (which you may or may not be aware of regarding JBAD)? Love your buildings but didn't know if you had anyone else mention it to you for mods such as ALiVE and how those buildings are detected via spawning scripts.

The buildings should have the ai spawn mem points. Can you confirm which points they use and I can look into that. 

For example jbad_house_c_1 uses AIspawnpos_0 and AIspawnpos_1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

The buildings should have the ai spawn mem points. Can you confirm which points they use and I can look into that. 

For example jbad_house_c_1 uses AIspawnpos_0 and AIspawnpos_1

We, ALiVE and most likely pretty much all scripts that do similar stuff, generally use the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/buildingPos command to figure out where to spawn units inside buildings. I can't find any information on what memory points Arma uses as "building positions" though.

EDIT: Found some info at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD#Paths

Vertices where the AI can stop must be defined by named selection with ascending number ("posXX" where XX is the number). Those points can be used by scriptcommand <link>buildingpos and in the Mission editor for placing Units. Name selections called "inXX" (where XX is a number) serve as AI access points (doorways, ramps, etc) to the building. These "inXX" points must be above the terrain surface for the AI to be able to see them. The A3 sample house shows how it can be set up, using multiple "entry-fan's" with one raised point to allow access to the building, independant of terrain slope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marceldev89 said:

We, ALiVE and most likely pretty much all scripts that do similar stuff, generally use the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/buildingPos command to figure out where to spawn units inside buildings. I can't find any information on what memory points Arma uses as "building positions" though.

EDIT: Found some info at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD#Paths

Again at a loss because we have posXX defined in the path lods as well that's what the ai use to navigate and stop at certain areas in the buildings. 

I will have to delve into this a bit more to see what's going on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m1lkm8n said:

Again at a loss because we have posXX defined in the path lods as well that's what the ai use to navigate and stop at certain areas in the buildings. 

I will have to delve into this a bit more to see what's going on. 

I just manually checked a couple of buildings with the buildingPos command and they all seem fine. Not sure what's going on then.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marceldev89 said:

I just manually checked a couple of buildings with the buildingPos command and they all seem fine. Not sure what's going on then.. 

Ugh Arma. Well I certainly want to fix this because I want people to enjoy. Could it be the terrain and not our objects. Any way to test our buildings on a different terrain?

2 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Ugh Arma. Well I certainly want to fix this because I want people to enjoy. Could it be the terrain and not our objects. Any way to test our buildings on a different terrain?

Objects seem fine. All things point to an issue on our end really. 😞

Hope it is all good, all I think about is insurgency on Jbad while building the terrain.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marceldev89 said:

Objects seem fine. All things point to an issue on our end really. 😞

Well keep us informed. We certainly need alive working. 

• Like 1

Yep, in the case of Lythium all that was needed was a proper re-index. The building IDs changed shortly after we did our last index which was the reason civilians were not spawning properly. Not sure how we overlooked that in the first place. 😕

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marceldev89 said:

Yep, in the case of Lythium all that was needed was a proper re-index. The building IDs changed shortly after we did our last index which was the reason civilians were not spawning properly. Not sure how we overlooked that in the first place. 😕

Perfect! I'll update github with your response.  Glad it got fixed!

• Thanks 2

Oustanding!!  Now Lythium (and soon Jalalabad) can enjoy some proper ALiVE insurgency goodness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Well keep us informed. We certainly need alive working. 

Absolutely need ALiVE. The are a number of Afghan maps but most of them are pretty poor with ALiVE. If this map is ALiVE friendly, I am gonna build myself a house on it and never leave.

24 minutes ago, marceldev89 said:

@marceldev89 Not the best place for this question but since you mentioned it, what is the current condition of Lythium w/ ALiVE? I believe the last time I tried it I had stuff blowing around me from ambient vehicle spawns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILVIThNI said:

@marceldev89 Not the best place for this question but since you mentioned it, what is the current condition of Lythium w/ ALiVE? I believe the last time I tried it I had stuff blowing around me from ambient vehicle spawns.

Haven't noticed anything really bad during testing this indexing problem. Occasionally a vehicle might blow up but it's not like the whole town is going to be on fire. 😛

On 3/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, marceldev89 said:

Haven't noticed anything really bad during testing this indexing problem. Occasionally a vehicle might blow up but it's not like the whole town is going to be on fire. 😛

I mean, the whole town being on fire could also be a little fun haha. I will mess around with it since its been a while. I might just be crazy.

• Haha 1

So I've been concentrating on models for so long I finally got to load up the terrain to take a look at SmokeDog's work. All I can say is absolutely amazing. The amount of detail is stunning.  We both pretty pumped up and can't wait till we can share not only some pics but the terrain with you guys. 

Stay tuned.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Still working hard on object placement we hope to have an early test version by the end of the week this won't be handed out it's more inhouse for performance tests and object count, if all goes well we hope to have an alpha copy ready by end of April/May for public testing, this should allow enough time to get the last area filled and the detail in before testing goes live.

M1lk has been bang on updating all models to jbad I found a few rouge models that slipped the net but he is bang on it, once that's sorted M1lk will  start the second tile with placing objects to fill it, it's a bigger green zone than the first.

• Like 12

Update time, we had a long weekend sorting out errors and configs but finally jbad packs and plays in Arma3 again I thought I would never see it work again after all the updates and time away but it is back on the menu Thanks to Mikero and M1lkman for giving me the heads up to our problems, piece of advice don't use a3 content on your terrains or check they pack as you go as it stopped jbad packing due to model and config errors it cost me a good few hours hunting down bad models while packing.

We will be opening up our jbad discord ready for testing so either pm me or M1lkman to get added for alpha testing once it is ready we will set up a few test servers before a main steam release to make sure it goes out 100% working.

We will be offering digital map and a Nato faction intel document for bluefor which will include intel on various locations uav images and give a break down of your enemy his weaponry tactics and the ground he fights on, there will also be an insurgent hand book and map for the Taliban faction giving away all locations and intel for the full battle field from ambush locations for mortar positions to weapon caches hidden areas and cave system absolute access to what's needed on the ground to hold and take ground. these can be purchased upon official release from Myself or M1lkman Via paypal for a small fee.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1707434950

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Here are a couple screen shots. Keep in mind the current sat map is only for placement of object. I am currently placing objects and trees and will fill in the fields once complete.

https://imgur.com/a/CZ3ZBWG

• Like 15