m1lkm8n

Jalalabad, Afghanistan---By M1lkm8n and Smokedog

With @A3MP or without?

You can fill servers in MP only without it, that's why i am asking.

J bad will have its own buildings and veg so no a3mp is required.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

J bad will have its own buildings and veg so no a3mp is required.

Great news :)

heres a look at some of the fun stuff were trying to implement.

btw the concrete block can totally be pushed and roll over someone :)

I have to say what a great job you have done on the trucks steve and kiory, you guys have done some great work with getting your head round the pysx and and animations on the vehicles to look as good as they do and as always you took it to the next level not that we would expect anything less cheers, just goes to show what a great community we have here and some great minds and talent floating about.

Hey guys. Just a little update. We're still working on the structures. Implementing new ideas and placing a few objects on the terrain. Smokedog is going over the terrain making the rivers were they are supposed to be. (Asterdem only goes to sea level 0 meters)

Here's a peek at the construction crane.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Hey guys. Just a little update. We're still working on the structures. Implementing new ideas and placing a few objects on the terrain. Smokedog is going over the terrain making the rivers were they are supposed to be. (Asterdem only goes to sea level 0 meters)

Here's a peek at the construction crane.

Cool stuff.

I'm not sure exactly how well it fits Afghanistan but it's cool anyway.

Why don't you place a big construction ditch in jalalabd city, with a crane over it and some pipes, scaffolds and maybe even some type of tunnel thing or something, would be great for cqb and if it's in a ditch type thing, snipers could overwatch.

I'm talking about like a big rectangular area that is sunken down 30 feet or so, with dirt and gravel down there.

A size like say a few hundred feet by a few hundred feet rectangular.

Also I have a suggestion, if you can maybe get permission, if you know mgb african buildings, it has some grey apartment type thing with russian writing on the side (If I get back on comp in a week I'll send you a pic or something) if you re skinned that building and included it, I think it's perfect.

It's enterable and would fit well.

a little wide and open and non populated but nice I suppose.

Edited by Tristen2NT

Tristen the map is heavily wip, right now it's clearly the terrain mostly

Yes Tristen as miketim has stated this terrain is under heavy construction. Currently any video out(I think) shows only the terrain. All these videos of the upgraded buildings and things have been show in the editor on stratis or that new funky test map bis included. As I said I think in the other post we have started object placement on the airport and surrounding areas but there's still more objects that need converting to a3 standards

As for the crane..yes may be a bit much but it's for fun. I do encourage everyone to go on YouTube and search for jalalabas which is located in the nangarhar province of Afghanistan. You'll find it may not what you expected. It's extremely large and populated. And why there may not be towering skyscrapers like in New York City there's still large buildings,street lights and trees :)

Also there is a large mine on the outskirts of the main city of jalalabad.

Yeah jbad is quite populated, once I get back to my PC in a week or so, I will post these cools jbad street walking vids I saw to here.

Make sure you keep the city roads wide in some places.

But yeah crane is looking cool, might want to make it somehow disableable by mission makers (like, ability to 'lock' the crane)

Yea it probably won't be placed on the terrain as vehicles become immobile when placed via terrain builder and binarized on the island. So they will just be included in our pbos and left to mission makers

Yes Tristen as miketim has stated this terrain is under heavy construction. Currently any video out(I think) shows only the terrain. All these videos of the upgraded buildings and things have been show in the editor on stratis or that new funky test map bis included. As I said I think in the other post we have started object placement on the airport and surrounding areas but there's still more objects that need converting to a3 standards

As for the crane..yes may be a bit much but it's for fun. I do encourage everyone to go on YouTube and search for jalalabas which is located in the nangarhar province of Afghanistan. You'll find it may not what you expected. It's extremely large and populated. And why there may not be towering skyscrapers like in New York City there's still large buildings,street lights and trees :)

Also there is a large mine on the outskirts of the main city of jalalabad.

Will you make this mine enterable?:D

A bit like this would be awesome:

Yea a enter able mine would be cool. However this mine is more of a strip mine. There will however be caves in the mountains. Those are already made by smokedog

This sounds so sweet. I can't wait to have a go at it!

ok gents time for an update. We are planning to release the current build of our object packs for the Jalalabad terrain. This includes all the structures, veg, rocks, and misc. stuff that we have been working on. We'll call it an alpha release but most everything is ready to go. we will still be adding to the object list but we feel this will be good to get some input from the community and possible help weeding out bugs if/when you find them. Hopefully we well get the release out tomorrow or friday. Also ill upload a video showing off all the objects included in the packs.

obviously the terrain will not be included in this release as that is under heavy construction and no where near finished we really want people to be able to use and enjoy the objects we have upgraded so far

edit- added image ( im terrible at getting videos so ill let smokedog do that :) )

http://i.imgur.com/LCa6Oat.jpg (188 kB)

Edited by M1lkm8n

WowWow! Just another great map coming to arma 3. By the looks on the airport screenshot it almost makes the surroundings look like Kandahar! This is just amazing. Great work. May I ask however, what in the world is the software called that you make your maps on?! Sorry for commenting on this thread twice but just had to add this comment by looking at new screenshots!