Sign in to follow this  
bravo17

Our server shows in the in-game Steam browser, but can't join it

As the title says, our server shows in the in-game steam browser, but whenever I try to join it it says "Connecting Failed". Connecting via the in-game Gamespy browser (almost) always works.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what can be done to sort it before Gamespy vanishes forever?

I believe that I have discovered why I cannot join the server - at least in the offline Steam browser the IP shows up as the main IP for the server, rather than the IP that the game is actually running on. I assume that the in-game browser is also pointing to the wrong IP.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I believe that I have discovered why I cannot join the server - at least in the offline Steam browser the IP shows up as the main IP for the server, rather than the IP that the game is actually running on. I assume that the in-game browser is also pointing to the wrong IP.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you running the -ip= switch on your servers? If not use that to define the IP. However if you're using a multi-homed IP it won't show up on the browser.

Also guys please see: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176992-Server-not-showing-when-switching-fron-Gamespy-to-Steam

Thanks!

We are already using the IP switch, and it does show in the browser, but with the wrong IP

check that your IP on your server(not game) hasn't changed. Took me a few hours to finally figure out it somehow reverted to an older IP we used.

No mods on server, and IP hasn't changed.