Sign in to follow this  
cimalex

[SP/@] East Ukraine war Part1 Preview (RWO)

AAN Breaking news

AAN war reporter Peter Harris, Toady at the Donetsk region in Eastern Uktraine:

After the recent peacetalks in Geneva many pro-russian militia in Eastern Ukraine surrendered to regular armed forces and halted occupation of police stations, airfields and public buildings. Kiev's army want to make a display of strength to show the world the situation is under control. Early on Wednesday a column of six armoured personnel carriers trundled through the town of Zelenogorsk, in eastern Ukraine, Donetsk region. Some 24 hours earlier Ukrainian soldiers had recaptured a small disused aerodrome, those operation have been a partial success, with the loss of few Ukrainian soldiers and dozens of militiamen of the Donbass People's Militia.

In reality the Zelenogorsk mission has just been forced to flee the town by an angry crowd, and large chunks of the east of the country are now in open revolt despite government warnings and military action.

Ukraine is rapidly vanishing as a sovereign state, with its army falling apart day by day.

What happens next is unclear, the Kremlin can either annexe the east, as it did in Crimea, again shrugging off western outrage.

During last hours some well trained Ukrainian army and marines brigades are sent to fight the pro-russian militia off from Donetks region, giving a clear message to the rest of the country, and to the russian president Mr Putin that Ukrainian soveiregnity is not under discussion.

Today, UA forces will launch a large scale assault against the militia-held town of Zelenogorsk, combining tanks, APCs and motorised infantry. Donbass militia chaps will curse the day that they stood up against the best units of the Ukrainian Army!

AAN_news_01_zps1fc88c29.jpg

New mini campaign by CimaleX:

A new mini campaign is work in progress by CimaleX, using Tankist_UA excellent Ukraine Armed Forces addons, and @ACE and @CBA with Chernarus terrain as background.

This mini-campaign will be part of RWO missions, depicting really plausible operations (and close to what is really happening) in the East Ukraine front.

Want to think that these events will never happen as I shown in my future release campaign.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p356/alexcimenti69/AAN_news_Harris_zpsa5d17afa.jpg (114 kB)

First mission of the mini-campaign will be released soon (pic of the incoming mission)

OverviewUkraineWars02_zps3973cb3c.jpg

Looking forward to this "alternate" reality scenario.

Looking forward to this "alternate" reality scenario.

I too got an "alternate" scenario coming out, but not RWO, but damn damn close, in my opinion.

Anyways, good that cinmlex is a busy bee!

I think my incoming mini-campaign is quite close to th real think.

Covert ops, unkown masked mercenaries from both sides, assaults and ambushes, occupation of public buildings, and of course, a lot of action and firefight.

Here' s a brief video taken from AAN world news footage.

Stay tuned...

Nice brief video Cimalex ! I'am looking forward to next updates !

After the mini-preview with video here's the release of my announced mission related to Ukraine fightings.

Hope this will end asap, no political or racial issues, just my fantasy about sad and real events.

I want to apoligise if someone, Russian or Ukraine will feel offended by this mission, I realise that speaking about real things like these could hurt.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/58748009/file.html

With one more screenie:

OverviewUkraineWars_zps77291c89.jpg

Needed addons:

ArmA2 OA version 1.62

@ACE; @ACEX; @ACE_RU; @ACE_SM

@CBA

UA Mod by Tankist_UA (See Readmefile inside the .zip)

Based on real facts, mission by CimaleX, with the help of Zipper5 (template scripts and other stuff)

Enjoy!

I think we need Ukraine addon, yes?:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10343&highlight=UKRANIAN

Could you kindly also give the links for each of the addons?

Thanks!

Ah! Never mind, I just saw your release on Armaholic.

Also, I just realized there are two different Ukraine Mods out there.

I'm using the link above. Have you checked them out.

The only advantage I saw was that you don't need RH AK's Pack mod for them.

Other than that, what made you choose the Armed Forces of Ukraine mod?

Lastly, did you use any components from the ACE_SM mod?

If not, you could delete that out of your list of requirements and recommend

players to use JSRS_ACE from his main page.

That's two possible mods that could be taken off, but hey man, just something to look at.

Edited by Kommiekat

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ua_mp_2011, bronj_ua_dodatok, T_84ja, ukrhmw, ua_mash, ural_ua_dodatok, BRDM2_UA_Dodatok

i run ACE and UA but the files are still missing, downloaded ace with Six Updater and keep it up to date and i downloaded the UA mod today

also RH ak Pack

and im using arma 2/3 launcher

Edited by M4DM4X

Camp not appearing in my Scenario menu.

Sometimes, this is BIS thing. I tried so many times. Maybe if I un-PBO it use the folder method may work.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

OK, I see.

Well, also getting same addon problems as M4DM4K, how about you?

Hi gents, my apologies (I wrote this also in the readme) for having troubled your feelings with this mission (if you had any negative feedback of course...).

That's TRUE I really don't have any idea what is the real situation there.

I don't have any political issue or preference (russian or ukraine) about the various contenders, what is clear is that the situation is dramatic and complex.

Foreign governments (EEUU, USA, Russia) are making the whole thing extremely dangerous and dirty, they are doing their (economical) interests regerdless what the whole Ukrainian people thinks about...

I will carry on to develop these missions, my aim is to let people think that war is a dirty affair...

It's good that people (like you) is starting thinking about palying this game with a different point of view, now related to real facts.

(I knew that my mission release could have started negative feedback, but it was my choice...)

Finally, about the Ukraine mod I simply downloaded the last updated pack, link inside the readme file (instruction are in Ukrainian language).

Download the UKRAINE LANGUAGE version of the mod, not the english one that is incomplete.

Yes Kommiekat, I will try also playing the mission with JSRS, let you know what about.

Regards

@Cimalex i have problems with these files:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ua_mp_2011, bronj_ua_dodatok, T_84ja, ukrhmw, ua_mash, ural_ua_dodatok, BRDM2_UA_Dodatok

Ace, UA and RH AK is installed, i dunno what i make wrong...

You have to download the Ukrainian version of the mod, not that in the English section.

Anyway I will try to speak with Tankist_UA if he has available for release an english language version.

I downloaded the UA mod a dozen of days ago an it works perfectly.

Must have not only troops but also vehicles (T-84, BRDM2, BMP2, Urals etc....)

For what I kwow the english version has only troops.

You have to download the Ukrainian version of the mod, not that in the English section.

Anyway I will try to speak with Tankist_UA if he has available for release an english language version.

I downloaded the UA mod a dozen of days ago an it works perfectly.

Must have not only troops but also vehicles (T-84, BRDM2, BMP2, Urals etc....)

For what I kwow the english version has only troops.

Could you kindly link us to that Ukrainian version please?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

You need to download the Ukraine Soldiers mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14734

I could be wrong, but I don't think that is the mod he used.

I think it is here but, unfortunately, it is not working:

NOTE: you will need google translate turned on

http://mod-ua.at.ua/load/morska_pikhota_ukrajini_versiji_2_0_vid_ctudiji_mod_ua/1-1-0-22

@cimalex thank you for the info and @kommiekat thank you for the link

Hi gents,

I repeat myself:

To play this mission you MUST downlload the Ukraine full version of the UA mod here:

http://mod-ua.at.ua/

The file to download is here:

http://vk.com/public8624345

Do not use (I repeat, do not use) the english version, because it contains only troops (incomplete) and not vehicles, that were used in the mission.

Waiting some fedback about the mission now (No complaints and political issue please).

Anyway, the link was listed in my Readme file inside the zip file.

Enjoy

After the mini-preview with video here's the release of my announced mission related to Ukraine fightings.

Hope this will end asap, no political or racial issues, just my fantasy about sad and real events.

I want to apoligise if someone, Russian or Ukraine will feel offended by this mission, I realise that speaking about real things like these could hurt.

Yeah the premise of this mission hits a little raw for me. But its important to have thick skin as mission makers and try as hard as we can to leave politics out between us while we go and try to simulate the political event of war. Good luck in making a good mission. Maybe I will do one from the separatists view.

Also maybe we should host it on an English language site the full mod. I can decipher Ukrainian language enough to figure it out, but I am sure our non-slav friends will have a hard time downloading the mod.

Edited by TexKaz

The links are not only NOT working, but they take you to some far far far away crazy land.

We seriously need a reliable download link.

I think, but not sure, someone who has this .rar file, can post it up on Armaholic on their behalf.

Anyways, anybody who has my email already, pls be kind enough to send me the file? Thanks

The UA mod files are actually here:

http://dfiles.ru/files/hm2ignuw2

Its on the first page. But for the life of me, it is download at 44 KB/s?!?! If someone downloads this file, please mirror it somewhere else!

Thanks!

If someone downloads this file, please mirror it somewhere else!

Thanks!

That was a bit of a pain. Because I'm in Hong Kong, the page font is converted to Chinese characters.

I hope too, that someone can mirror it.

Downloading now. Thanks for that link.

I'm testing this mission and it is incredible with just a few addons. I use JSRS with HARCP instead of ACE_SM and WOW.

But I have a weird bug. It seems on start, the soldier with the RPK has this weird animation bug. The arms are all twisted. Or if use ACE_SM, I would get a OFP2_skeleton config error message.

I will have steam verify my files and see if it can fix it.