Sign in to follow this  
jts_2009

Squad system SQ-1

Squad system SQ-1

Author: JTS

Description:

This is the Squad system I made for ARMA 3 :)

Features:

*Join any player, who is on your side (join to AI is not possible, but you can have them in your squad)

*Kick any player in your squad

*Send invitation to another player

*Create password for your squad

*You can leave your current squad

*Pop-up messages, when you hover the mouse over the player in the Squad-list (Rank, size of squad, allowed or prohibited invitations)

*Editable variables

*Messages for players

*Script will automatically find you in the list

*User friendly UI

Installation:

Download this example mission.

1. If you have file 'Init.sqf' already in your mission, then copy from my init.sqf line: execVM "JTS_SQUAD\Functions.sqf"; and add it to your init.sqf. Otherwise - just copy the init.sqf to your mission.

2. If you have already Description.ext - copy the line: #include "JTS_SQUAD\SQ-1.hpp" and add it to your description.ext (Don't forget the rules if you write #include). Otherwise just copy the Description.ext to your mission.

3. Copy the folder 'JTS_SQUAD' into your mission

You can adjust the script. Open file 'Functions.sqf' located in \JTS_SQUAD\. You will see the editable variables. Change them on your own.

// EDITABLE VARIABLES (BEGIN)

JTS_SquadSize = 5; - The maximum size of the units in 1 squad. Don't write values lower than 3 and more than 50

JTS_PROHIBIT_INVITES = 0; - 0 means, that invitations are allowed on mission-start. 1 - not allowed on mission-start

JTS_RND_PASS = 0; - if 0, every player on mission-start will not have any password. If 1 - random password will be created for every player on mission-start.

// EDITABLE VARIABLES (END)

Notes:

- Attention! This script removes automatically a unit from your squad, if you have more units than the variable JTS_SquadSize.

- There are some issues with colors on screenshots. In game, it's all ok

- Respect copyrights! You are allowed to use this in your mission, but you are

NOT allowed to:

1. Change it

2. Public it from your name

3. Change it/Public it from your name

You are allowed to change the colors of UI. Also you are allowed to change the icons too

Screenshots:

zf8mysys.jpg

vnceqyjc.jpg

3af5gk8u.jpg

46if37fs.jpg

l9qrvd3f.jpg

Credits & thanks:

Script was tested by: JTS (me), Urban

Updated: 29.04.2014

* Improved security

Updated: 30.04.2014

* Added lower priority to the action in action menu. 'Squad menu'

[DOWNLOAD]

Edited by JTS_2009

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thanks

Looks really well built. I like it a lot, good work!

Shame you refuse to allow any sort of changes at all though. A few color changes and icon replacements would make this fit some of my missions perfectly. But since I can't make adjustments, I have to pass. Thanks anyways.

Looks really well built. I like it a lot, good work!

thanks

Shame you refuse to allow any sort of changes at all though. A few color changes and icon replacements would make this fit some of my missions perfectly. But since I can't make adjustments, I have to pass.

:cool:

Too bad mission makers aren't allowed to change the colors.

Would be of good use otherwise.

Other than that, nice work.

JTS, are you really so opposed to mission designers tweaking small visual things with this for their mission? I know I've already brought it up once, so this could certainly be considered spam by some... But I played around with it a bit more, and it really would fit seamlessly with the stuff I'm working on, as long as I could adjust some visual cues. If I can't do that, it doesn't pair with anything else I've included in the mission UI wise, and just totally breaks the production value I worked hard on.

Again, I really like this script. It's great. But I can't imagine anyone will find much use for it at all with it being so absurdly restricted. Which is very disappointing, both from a mission designer perspective, and a player perspective.

Edited by TheCapulet

That and if it gets broken due to an update we're technically not allowed to duct-tape the problem until the author fixes it themselves.

That and if it gets broken due to an update we're technically not allowed to duct-tape the problem until the author fixes it themselves.

Something I hadn't considered at all. And a risk I certainly wouldn't want to subject my own work to.

Something I hadn't considered at all. And a risk I certainly wouldn't want to subject my own work to.

Well looks like the UI is not adjustable to much missions, yes :D well, I changed the description. :cool: (Copyright section). But it need some time to be fixed on armaholic. Also you are now allowed to change the UI colors and the icons of this dialog :)

Well, there is no any errors. It can break only if cheater do something :) But If there are some errors - I hope i become some reports. But I don't think there are errors. Script was tested many times. Also I always try to troll my scripts, to see where the errors are. :D

Edited by JTS_2009

Thanks JTS. I'm really looking forward to using this now. I almost wish a moderator would happen by and delete all of the posts pertaining to copyright, now that they're not relevant to the thread anymore.

Once again, great work and thanks!

Thanks JTS. I'm really looking forward to using this now. I almost wish a moderator would happen by and delete all of the posts pertaining to copyright, now that they're not relevant to the thread anymore.

Once again, great work and thanks!

I wrote to moderator on armaholic. Hope he will fix the text as soon as possible :cool:

I love this mod!

I have been looking for a visual menu version of a squad manager for ages!

One addition could be to make a button to move the squad leadership to a current squad member? This allowing a shift in the squad leader role to a different player.

I love this mod!

I have been looking for a visual menu version of a squad manager for ages!

One addition could be to make a button to move the squad leadership to a current squad member? This allowing a shift in the squad leader role to a different player.

Sorry im not that good in english. Not understood what you mean

JTS_2009 - First thanks for sharing a great MOD. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way that you can add the ability to select a squad mate and simply pass leader to them
  2. Is there a way to stop the Squad Menu option to show when walking towards a door or other item in game.

Thank you!

1. Is there a way to stop the Squad Menu option to show when walking towards a door or other item in game.

I agree, great MOD and very useful.

The quoted issue is really a biggie for me, I love CQB work and if I want anything to be the default action at a door it's 'OPEN'. At present when I approach a door 'Squad Menu' shows up centre screen and the only way to cancel this is to hit the scrollwheel and right click. This will get me dead real quick when I can't open or close a door easily or I hit 'Use' as a reflex and get a nice large white Squad screen come up :confused:

This is my only issue with an otherwise great MOD mate.

The squad menu coming up is a pretty simple fix. Just have to adjust the item in the action menu so it has the lowest priority.

The squad menu coming up is a pretty simple fix. Just have to adjust the item in the action menu so it has the lowest priority.

Because I am not familar with the syntax of applying partial variables to addAction calls, can you give an example?

Read the note, you are NOT ALLOWED to modify HIS script...

1. Is there a way that you can add the ability to select a squad mate and simply pass leader to them
  2. Is there a way to stop the Squad Menu option to show when walking towards a door or other item in game.

Thank you!

1. Not really understood what you mean. I made it simple, like in some another games. You just see players (leaders. Leader is the squad leader) and you can interact with them.

2. Yeah, I will fix that soon. Totally forgot to put priority to the action :D sorry

But if you want to change it, just open Functions.sqf and scroll down to the end. You will see:

[] spawn

{

while {true} do

{

waitUntil {alive player};

_act = player addaction ["<t color=#00FF00'>Squad menu</t>","JTS_SQUAD\JTS_GroupMenu.sqf];

waitUntil {!alive player};

player removeaction _act;

sleep 0.5;

};

};

just change: _act = player addaction ["<t color=#00FF00'>Squad menu</t>","JTS_SQUAD\JTS_GroupMenu.sqf];

to: _act = player addaction ["<t color='#00FF00'>Squad menu</t>","JTS_SQUAD\JTS_GroupMenu.sqf",[],0];

:)

Read the note, you are NOT ALLOWED to modify HIS script...

It's for functions. Addaction thing does not belong to the functions :cool: But no matter. Today or tomorrow new version will be uploaded to armaholic (I hope)

P.S.:

thanks to all for feedback

Edited by JTS_2009

Updated: 30.04.2014

* Added lower priority to the action in action menu. 'Squad menu'

1. Not really understood what you mean. I made it simple, like in some another games. You just see players (leaders. Leader is the squad leader) and you can interact with them.

I will try to explain.

1. I invite a friend to my Squad.
  2. I invite another friend to my Squad.
  3. I invite another friend to my Squad.
  4. All friends accept invite.
  5. 4 people are now in Squad and I am leader.
  6. I want to give Squad Lead to friend in my group.

Currently all players must leave Squad and rejoin the new Squad. I want to transfer Squad Leader to a player already in the squad.

Understand?

I will try to explain.

1. I invite a friend to my Squad.
  2. I invite another friend to my Squad.
  3. I invite another friend to my Squad.
  4. All friends accept invite.
  5. 4 people are now in Squad and I am leader.
  6. I want to give Squad Lead to friend in my group.

Currently all players must leave Squad and rejoin the new Squad. I want to transfer Squad Leader to a player already in the squad.

Understand?

Now yes :) I will think about that