Sign in to follow this  
zachgibson22

Arma 3 Weapon importing videos.. Coming Soon!!

Many people have asked me to do some sort of video and well, I have started them!

The Weapons I'll be working with is a SCAR.

There currently is ONE downside that is somewhat major to some people (and idgaf so get over it :P). There will not be audio. I hate talking and doing tutorials that way. On top of the the files are already massive in size... And I've only just started mapping the gun. (I'll try and condense them instead of them being raw avi files.)

BUT I can assure you these videos will be in full 1080 display and should be easy to follow! (maybe a few dropped frames just because my computer is running so much!)

They will show:

-Clips of me finishing my SCAR model in 3ds Max 2012

-ALL UV unwrapping of the SCAR

-How I do my texturing *I'm not good at texturing but it'll be done! :P

-EVERYTHING related to O2

--Including adding textures, hand animations, ALL needed LODs, MAYBE some weapon animations of moving parts**

- Adding UI images

-Config

-Model.cfg

-And whatever else is associated with getting a gun ingame!

**I'm still not very good at this :/

Also The gun is fresh and none of this is "rehearsed" then recorded. I feel this is good because you see what I truly do. You see the errors I get. You see how I solve them. You see it all.

There will be lots of footage, mostly UV I think cause that takes for freakin' EVER. and it's repetitive, but hey, you'l get it!

All files related to the SCAR will be Included and open to look at.

.....Later! How to add different versions of weapons quickly. I'll Hopefully be doing many versions of the SCAR. DMR version, SCAR-L, Scar-H, And maybe the new SCAR P.

COMING SOON!!! :) SO GET EXCITED DAMMIT!!!

Edited by zachgibson22
Spelling

WOOOHOOO haha looking forward to them, always a good refresher. Also still haven't gotten my UI pics right. Much needed material for the community, thanks again Zach. :yay:

UV mapping done! I kinda sped through the end without recording because th recording was hindering my computer performance. but I think the other 4 ours of mapping should get you by.... Hah, Would have been a little faster but the Screen recorder sucks. Also I take my sweet little time. :D

Just gotta texture it then start the important stuff!!!

EDIT: Holy balls yeah I need to compress the hell out of this. It's 15 gigs of just raw UV mapping vids...

Hopefully this doesn't get cancelled like almost every other attempted tutorials..

Nah, the videos happened according to zachgibson22 -- it's just a matter of their upload in viewable/compressed format.

I know he's been working like a mad man making sure that doesn't happen ;)

I know, this Zach guy is the biggest ass-tease ever XD Seriously though. I'll upload what I got right now. The reason this whole thing stopped is because I joined a mod team for the make arma not war! Vote for JTAC :)

But since 3ds Max 2013 is pissing me off UV mapping, I'll cut away from that and finish these videos. All I really need is the hand animations and to fix this sound glitch. The whole first set of videos I just me finishing the modeling and doing UV mapping so If you need those it's there. The 2nd set is all the Oxygen2 stuff and config and whatever else there is. This 3rd one will be the as mentioned the hand animations :)

I will warn you now. These are some big damn files uncompressed is ridiculous. I also don't want to down time finding ways of changing the formate an recompressing them. SO they are compressed into groups.

Lastly as I think I said in OP. No sound :/ due to my mic and even bigger files. BUT they should still be very easy to follow and I will link and needed files as well and a shortcut document :) sorry for the longggggg wait!

EDIT:

Uploading right now! I typed up a quick README which I highly recommend you download first. It explains file sizes and what types of videos are in what downloads. That way you don't download the UV videos when you already know how to do that. Also has a shortcut list if you need it and couple side notes.

Downloads will be located here when finished. DOWNLOAD READ ME FIRST!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xot4remuu0ygata/AAAjOTXbnM5Lkn8fz1udjTrla

Edited by zachgibson22

The thing that really isn't touched upon in this community is things dealing with the ArmA modding process itself such as Oxygen 2 handling, configs, etc.

Honestly the internet is filled to the brim with tutorials on how to model and texture and what not.

Yeah I'm aware of that. I just recorded everything. This isn't as much as a tutorial as it is a follow along kind if thing. That's also by u divided the downloads so people do need to download the texture and UV part. I'll have the hand animations up soon too

Thanks for your spirit and effort!

Thank you. I know these really aren;t to much and would have been more helpful is it a full video tutorial with narration and verything but it's what I got.

Also I basically have the Handanim done but the Arma 3 Tools were updated. So the guys arms are all stretched out and I can;t figure out whats wrong!

thankyou! was waitin on this for awhile, only other video tutorials for importing weapons or anything for that matter into arma 3 are basically non-existant (aside from your tut) hell i couldnt even get bulldozer working yet and my current work is now halted while i figure out how the hell to proceed :p

Yeah honestly I don;t use buldozer so I don't know how to get it working XD I'm glad the tuts help though!