Sign in to follow this  
kupcho

Help!!! Editor loads in developement build

When I run the editor and preview the mission, it shows that I'm using the DEVELOPMENT BUILD

I'm NOT running the development build.:confused:

While previewing, I have no MAP, and the heading and co-ordinates are missing from my GPS.

Also, If, after previewing the mission, I want to place anything into the init field of any unit, I have to SAVE and RELOAD the mission.

I actually thought that I had a trashed computer and built an entire new system, but even THAT didn't work.:mad:

Is anyone else having these problems?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix these problems?:pray:

Its bug, i have same dev info on stable in editor for month. Ignore it.

It's garbage. I CAN'T ignore it. It makes editing a mission damn near impossible.

Even my hosted games now have folks unable to see the MAP!

COME ON BI! FIX THIS!!!

Did you previously use development build? Have you tried verifying your steamcache? Or is this "only" with the missions you built yourself?

Relax, as long as rest of the game is in stable edition the editor is in stable too. Bottom-right hand corner information in editor is just the version of the game. If you were using DEV branch you would see this number change almost every day. Stable version is 1.18.124200.

You should verify integrity of the game in Steam. Or reinstall it.

ozzbik, I did use the dev build on my previous machine, but not since I put this one together.

I have verified the cache on this machine too, just in case.

I haven't tried any downloaded missions yet (I will), but still, even if they do work, my problem exists. A problem that won't allow me to edit missions (easily), and doesn't allow others to use common items when I host them.

I can't even change the firing mode of my weapons when I'm playing...anywhere.

prykpryk, why should I relax when I've paid good money for a game that the developers have trashed for me?

It use to work just fine. But ever since the last patch, not so much.

My game is not stable...as stated, I can't even perform some very basic functions.

The editor is damn hard to use. And it's one of the main reasons I got into this game.

Please understand, on the main menu, version 1.18.124200 is displayed. But when I'm 'previewing' the mission, developers is spelled out in the bottom right corner.

And when I choose to end the preview, the debug console (I assume that's what it is) comes up and I have weird options such as skipping the briefing, going to camp Maxwell (even on Altis for crying out loud), etc...

So like I said...come on BI...FIX this cluster fugg!

PLEASE. :pray:

I really love this game, but it's driving me nuts.:crazy:

Its bug, i have same dev info on stable in editor for month. Ignore it.

Simple search would've backed Aldric :)

Edited by ck-claw

Please understand, on the main menu, version 1.18.124200 is displayed. But when I'm 'previewing' the mission, developers is spelled out in the bottom right corner.

If you have that same version showing in the editor, then you're running the current stable version. The fact that it says "development build" is only a bug with the text and has nothing do with the other problems you're experiencing.

I'm guessing you have some broken mod running.

By the way, I've had the bug for months but I just tried it now and the text is gone from the editor. Weird. :confused:

Big negatory on the mods m'frend.

And yet another black-head who spews about things unknown. I'm purty shure that I done searched beefour I cum heer...

Also, I could put up with having the 'development' text on the screen...as long as it worked.

Unfortunately, aside the editor fuggup, the other players who show up to my hosted games, also suffer. And that sucks.

I suppose that I'm screwed until BI fixes it. Thanks for the input folks.

Does the map work in any scenario at all? Like in official missions or if you just open the editor, drop down the default soldier and hit preview? If they work, it might be that the mission you're trying to edit has been broken by some update. Are there any errors on the screen or in the arma.rpt log?

Big negatory on the mods m'frend.

And yet another black-head who spews about things unknown. I'm purty shure that I done searched beefour I cum heer...

Also, I could put up with having the 'development' text on the screen...as long as it worked.

Unfortunately, aside the editor fuggup, the other players who show up to my hosted games, also suffer. And that sucks.

I suppose that I'm screwed until BI fixes it. Thanks for the input folks.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix on the disappearing map and lack of GPS coords - unless I am misunderstanding what you are reporting. This is almost certainly a mission/mod issue.