Sign in to follow this  
Nakroma

ArmA 3 goes to ~5 FPS after maybe 10 minutes

Hey,

I have this problem.

Everytime I play, every type of mission (I tried it with just a car and me in editor, Altis Life, a custom mission and King of the Hill), i can play maybe for 10 to 20 minutes, and then suddenly I get an huge FPS drop and suddenly my FPS, who before were at ~25 are now at 2 to 5.

For me, that screams that something overheats. But it doesn't. I cleaned my PC, checked that all coolers are working and with a third party programm I checked if my CPU or GPU overheats, but no. They are both stable at ~40°C when I get this type of thing. The funny thign is, as soon as I restart ArmA it goes away and I can play again.

Yes I disabled VSync. My drivers are the newest version. I tried that stuff with -cpuCount -maxvram etc. already, but that just improves the FPS in general, doesn't fix the problem though.

I should mention that this is Altis only. On Stratis I can play hours.

Any help with this? It is really annoying, because I basicly can't play anything expect for Stratis stuff... which is basicly not much out there.

Please :|

Lg

-Did you check your used RAM while playing?

-Heard that Arma writes/uses a lot of temp stuff on the harddrive. If yours is nearly full it could mby slow down the whole process.

Just suggestions, i have no clue.

-Did you check your used RAM while playing?

-Heard that Arma writes/uses a lot of temp stuff on the harddrive. If yours is nearly full it could mby slow down the whole process.

Just suggestions, i have no clue.

Yeah, bad ram will crash you..., run memtest.

10min. in..., hardware for sure.

Yeah, bad ram will crash you..., run memtest.

10min. in..., hardware for sure.

Mby i said that wrong. I was talking about the used RAM limit if he has enough for the game requirements.

I dont think the problem is based on a broken RAM stick because i had this problem before (broken RAM hardware, not your prob^^). The result from 1 pair incompatible RAM and one pair compatible with a broken one were blue/black-screens and random freezes.

If you really want to check if your RAM is broken i would suggest to unplug all RAM sticks except one and max out your RAM limit. Until every single stick was plugged in once. If you want to be 100% sure run memtest while you do that.

I just ran memtest, no problems :/

I should mention every other game runs fine and Stratis too.

Could be the game running out of available ram and falling back to paged memory, it could also be hardware overheating but you've discounted that.

add -maxmem=2047 to your startup parameters

You mention playing King of the hill, perhaps its the server you're playing on, try a few other places.

@Furret I already did that. My startup line is like this(increased the length it need to happen, but still doesnt prevent it):

8hCS6.png

Also that happens EVERYTIME I play Altis. For example when I play a custom mission or just drive around in empty Altis with a car, that happens after 10-20 minutes.

@Nunu Basto

Yeah I'll try that and install a 64 bit system (according to this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169012-Sudden-FPS-Drop-after-30-60-Minutes-Issue-Solution)

But I wanted to try if its something else before. Gonna do that in a week, when I have time. :/

Wow. That really solved it.

The FPS drop is vanished AND (fantatisc shit) I have constant 40 FPS, even on high settings. Before I had like 15 FPS on low settings.

@Furret I already did that. My startup line is like this(increased the length it need to happen, but still doesnt prevent it):

8hCS6.png

Also that happens EVERYTIME I play Altis. For example when I play a custom mission or just drive around in empty Altis with a car, that happens after 10-20 minutes.

@Nunu Basto

Yeah I'll try that and install a 64 bit system (according to this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169012-Sudden-FPS-Drop-after-30-60-Minutes-Issue-Solution)

But I wanted to try if its something else before. Gonna do that in a week, when I have time. 

so sorry for necro.

i have 64bit and this STILL happens to me.

I guess I am out of luck... sigh