haleks

Unlocked Uniforms

Would this work on Mission side instead of it being an Addon? it would be one too many thing to download and add to parameters especially since its not available to download on A3 Launcher, not may players would know to get it?

Not feasible as you can't pack an addon into a mission.

Would this work on Mission side instead of it being an Addon? it would be one too many thing to download and add to parameters especially since its not available to download on A3 Launcher, not may players would know to get it?

Roadki11 is right, config changes can't happen within the mission file; there is however a couple of things you can try if you are reluctant to install mods.

First thing to know, is that civilian units are not affected by the side limitations for uniforms : they can were anything they want.

If you don't want to or can't play as a civilian, there is a small glitch you can exploit when working on custom missions :

- Open a map in Editor mode and place a CIV unit.

- After you saved your mission, open your mission.sqm file; find the unit you just placed, and replace its classname by the unit you want to use instead. Don't forget to change the SIDE fields accordingly - you should have something like this :

class Groups
{
	items=1;
	class Item0
	{
		side="WEST"; //modified value
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={8455.793,105.07745,25121.301};
				id=0;
				side="WEST"; //modified value
				vehicle="B_Soldier_F"; //modified value
				player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
			};
		};
	};
};

- Save your mission file; go back to Editor mode and reload your mission.

- That's it! You should have a Blufor unit able to wear anything!

Note that clicking on the unit will reset everything so you'll have to do it all over again if that happens. ;)

As for the A3 Launcher, I never used it and didn't even know you could download mods with it. ^^'

I suppose it only works with SteamWorkshop?

Edited by Pepe Hal

Hal,

Great idea here. I'm having an issue with the Nikolai pack as well on an epoch altis server. I actually went into Nikos pbo and nodded the line you did. His line is originally ...

Model side = {2,3},

Changed to

ModelSide = {3,2,1,0},

And it causes the same issue. Any ideas on how to get around this? I'll be posting on epoch forums too.

Hal,

Great idea here. I'm having an issue with the Nikolai pack as well on an epoch altis server. I actually went into Nikos pbo and nodded the line you did. His line is originally ...

Model side = {2,3},

Changed to

ModelSide = {3,2,1,0},

And it causes the same issue. Any ideas on how to get around this? I'll be posting on epoch forums too.

Hi Zekir,

Sadly I have no idea at the moment; this issue seems to happen with Epoch only, so I'd say it's definitely something on their end.

Since they are quite secretive about the changes brought by their mod, I can't reproduce it at all.

Feel free to update me on this! ;) It would help me to prevent those issues in the future.

EDIT : I just took a look at Epoch forums, and it seems that they modify the uniform configs to reduce the inventory space or something like that.

My guess is that their configs simply overwrite mine... So there is pretty much nothing I can do on my end. :(

Edited by Pepe Hal

Hal,

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm going to start hunting through the epoch configuration and see what I can find. Any speculation as to why a inventory size augmentation would affect a variable lIke model side?

Not really, it is a wild guess. ^^'

It might be worth contacting the authors and tell them they're free to integrate my configs into their mod - point them to my profile on this forum if they have any question.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the "Guerrilla Smock" uniform to work on Independent faction units (AAF). I'm pretty new to ARMA so it's highly likely it's something I'm doing. I will do my best to explain.

I have downloaded, unzipped, and placed this add-on as per the stickied thread for installing add-ons. When I launch A3 from Steam, the mod does not show up under the mod tab, instead I have to enable it under the parameters tab (I'm assuming this is normal, if it's not please let me know). Once in the mission editor, I am able to use the initialization field for an Independent/AAF unit to have uniforms like "Civilian Clothing" on, but the "Guerilla Smock" does not work, the unit still appears without a uniform on when I try to use that uniform in particular. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is that particular uniform just not supported?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the "Guerrilla Smock" uniform to work on Independent faction units (AAF). I'm pretty new to ARMA so it's highly likely it's something I'm doing. I will do my best to explain.

I have downloaded, unzipped, and placed this add-on as per the stickied thread for installing add-ons. When I launch A3 from Steam, the mod does not show up under the mod tab, instead I have to enable it under the parameters tab (I'm assuming this is normal, if it's not please let me know). Once in the mission editor, I am able to use the initialization field for an Independent/AAF unit to have uniforms like "Civilian Clothing" on, but the "Guerilla Smock" does not work, the unit still appears without a uniform on when I try to use that uniform in particular. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is that particular uniform just not supported?

Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look at it.

Just to be sure, are we talking about this one?

800px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_B_G_Soldier_lite_F.jpg

No it's like a brown jacket with jeans I think. Not military in nature. I can't find a picture of it, sorry, but if you were to go into the virtual arsenal you'd see it under the display name "guerilla smocks". I think it's right below a bunch of the ghillie suits in the order of uniforms in the VA. Looking at the Assets stickied thread it looks like there's a ton of config names for smocks, so maybe I was just using the wrong one. I'll have to experiment more later today. When I originally grabbed the script to put in the initialization field from the config browser in the mission editor, I picked the ones based on that same order the uniforms are in when using the VA, but maybe that's wrong and they're elsewhere in the config browser and not after all the ghillie suits in the order like they are in the VA.

So I've been playing around with it for about an hour, but I just figured out that if I make a unit exactly how I want in the Virtual Arsenal, export the loadout, then paste that loadout into the initialization field, everything works. So I'm now able to get the uniform I wanted on Independent AAF unit types. Additionally, if I export a loadout with a CSAT uniform for example, I can apply it to a BLUFOR unit in the initialization field and it works. I have no idea if it will work for multiplayer COOP missions, but for single player it seems like everything is unlocked for every faction assuming you use the VA? I'm so confused lol. I'm new to this sorry, I just thought you might like to know what I found.

@Mynock :

My guess is that you might have been using wrong classnames, as you suggested above.

A couple notes on what does @unlocked_uniforms do : basically, in stock Arma3 you can apply any uniform on any unit with the forceAddUniform command - wich is the one used by the VA.

But once in game, if your AAF character accidently drops his NATO uniform (just an exemple), he won't be able to wear it back (since it belongs to a different Side). That is the behaviour that unlocked_uniforms intends to fix. :)

And yes, it should work in COOP/MP. ;)

Oh, I see. I didn't understand this was more for scavenging uniforms off other units. I thought I needed this to assign any uniform to a team and the video I was using to try and make the custom loadouts was from the Alpha I think, before the VA was available I'm guessing. That's embarrassing. Sorry for the confusion, I'm still trying to learn and have a long way to go. Thanks for the explanation though, I really appreciate it.

No worries mate! :)

RHS Escalation updated with new uniforms, and Kydoimos's Resist Campaign also includes a multitude of New uniforms as well. :3 update for those?

EDIT: If this is the wrong place to mention this, please refer me to the proper link? I don't use this site much.

hey love the mod, how about adding the VR suits? I believe they are stock with arma? there's three of them black with red trim, black with green trim, black with blue trim, blue is nato, green is aaf, and red is CSAT i believe. Obviously can only wear the blue one but id like to use the red and green too.

Hi!

It's been a while since I updated this mod; I'll try to squeeze some time to work on it.

I will also look into other mods support that were requested.

Hi!

It's been a while since I updated this mod; I'll try to squeeze some time to work on it.

I will also look into other mods support that were requested.

That would be awesome Haleks, its a mod that gets quite a bit of use in my group.

Goddamn... Thanks EO, I'll report those if they haven't been already.

On the guy's steam page for "his" mod he says, "Sorry, I made this mod for one mission for a few friends. This mod allows you to wear any faction's uniform. The host has to have it for it to work."

I downloaded the Armaholic version (same username, same photo of him in avatar) and looked at the files:

//Class unlocked_uniforms : config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
	class Unlocked_Uniforms
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"};
		author[] = {"Haleks"};
[snipped for brevity]
	};
};

Not very smart, this one.

• Like 1

yep... even the bisigns still have the Hal_ designation... 

Hello haleks, this mod is wonderful. I love it. :)

I'm creating a mod that is under the same APL-SA license and I'm wondering if I am allowed to redistribute your work (along with full credits pointing to which PBO was created by you)? 

Also, can you elaborate when you say

You may not upload this content to Steam Workshop.

Does that include releasing a mod on the workshop with unlocked_uniforms.pbo bundled inside of it?

[...] 

Does that include releasing a mod on the workshop with unlocked_uniforms.pbo bundled inside of it?

Yes it does, as I disagree with Steam EULA and other things regarding the Workshop.

That's the only limitation to the license, otherwise you are perfectly free to redistribute or expand on it as long as credits are given. ;)

Yes it does, as I disagree with Steam EULA and other things regarding the Workshop.

That's the only limitation to the license, otherwise you are perfectly free to redistribute or expand on it as long as credits are given. ;)

Alright, cheers :)

Hi, server-side, can this be executed with -serverMod= instead of -mod= and work? thanks in advance, asking it just in case someone answers fast, if not I'll test it myself when everything else for my server is finished, and post it :)