natanbrody

Sliding Gate Script help?!?!?!?

Hey guys I want to make a gate out of a wire fence and then I want it to slide open when a blufor "Player" is within 10m of it and then to close after he is further than 10m away... I have no idea how to do this any help would be greatly appreiciated :D

So first of all what I believe we would do is get the gate that we want (in your case the wire fence)

Secondly now given that this is one that you are placing down (unless your using one from the map) with a name

Then we would create a trigger or we could make it move when a player is within distance

WiredFence = "Land_New_WiredFence_5m_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "MovingFence");
if ((player distance WriedFence) < 10) then { WiredFence setPos (WiredFence modelToWorld [0,3,0]) } else { WiredFence setPos (getMarkerPos "MovingFence" select 0, getMarkerPos "MovingFence" select 1) };

Please note that I have not tested this and it will probably not work exactly how you would like it, we shall wait for a pro to come and fix it ;)

Edit

Please note that I have not incorporated that the player is BLUFOR and that I'm pretty sure that there will be no animation for when the gate is opening it will just move to the left automatically! also you may want to setDir and stuff so its not always facing north

Edited by Lala14

3 years later and there isnt a proper  script this 1 above i cant get to work cant find 1 any were i'd figure by now there would be 1

Oh hey, we also have this lovely thing called animateSource since this thread was revived.

MySuperCoolGate animateSource["Door_1_Source",1]; 

since it has animation sources you know :shrug: 

yea ive found that to not work but replacing source with move does i found it in a youtube video after i posted this reply lol, thank u for the help though

With a land_barGate_F, (named bar1 for example)  place a repeatable presence trigger with:

onActivation: bar1 animateSource ["Door_1_source", 1];
                onDeactivation: bar1 animateSource ["Door_1_source", 0];

• Like 1