Sign in to follow this  
redswirl

Capturing Bardak in "Rayzor Two"

On this attempt of "Rayzor Two" in the ArmA 2 main campaign (I'm playing it on Operation Arrowhead), upon starting the mission I immediately headed to Vishnoye by helicopter. Eventually I ran into Bardak outside the castle and the task for capturing said it was accomplished, but how do you get him to actually surrender? He just kept running away through the forest. I put a bullet in his leg and now he's just crawling away from me in the middle of a field. Even after my team caught up nothing happens. He just keeps crawling away even though I'm right next to him.

You're supposed to use the middle mouse button, click it, and select arrest or capture. Then he will follow you to the chopper for ex-filtration. I'm going by memory but it is easy to kill him which would cause a loss for the mission.

It is based on script, there is no option in menu to arrest him.

Sometimes script might not run properly especially on lower specs rigs, higher specs computers have less problems with it. You also should not fire at him, it might also ruin the script. It is better to just stick to him with your team, at some point script should go on and you will finish this mission.

It might be a bit frustrating but this is how it works.

Just typical of the ARMA interaction scripts to be anything but frustrating to use. ARMA 3 is only a slight improvement. :rolleyes: