PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

thank you that I could help you :D

No, no.....thank you. Thanks to you, our project has gotten that much more awesome. :D :D

Hey guys, we have some excellent news.

As you may know we have been limping for awhile now and we have unfortunately also lost one of our members while he pursues a future in the military. So just when things were looking a bit grim for us over at Project ASTFOR suddenly almost overnight the community decided not to sit by and let the project die off and offer their talents to help us when and where they can.

So I am pleased to announce the arrival of community members fluttershy, task soldier, and kazenokizu to our little insane asylum family! From the bottom of my heart, thank you guys for helping us out. ASTFOR's future is looking brighter and bigger than ever before! 

With that aside, there is a new topic I would like to place down upon the community's table for discussion: Asteland's main rifle.

As you already know, since our beginnings back in ArmA 2, we were using the Estonian railed version of the Galil rifle and have since decided up till now to keep it. Especially since it does stand out apart from all the m4's and hk 416's and bullpup's out there. Sure, it's old. It's heavy, but still kicking ass out there around the world, including in Afghanistan with the Estonian contingent operating there.

And as far as believability that a Nordic country would even use such a rifle, history shows this to be exactly the case. Sweden almost adopted the Galil under the designation of FFV-890C. It almost won its place to be used by Nordic hands but unfortunately due to wanting something even more cheaper in cost and due to politics, it just lost to the FNC. So plausibility for such a rifle to be used by our fictional country is definitely there in existence in real life...

However, now with so many positive changes and opportunities within our team as of late and finally having opportunities to push Asteland in the direction I've always pictured, I've been giving some thought at the back of my mind concerning our go-to rifle. 

Basically, should the opportunity in the future come up where I had to choose between just updating our A2 Galil textures or starting from scratch all together for something 100% uniquely Astelandic, here's some possible directions we can go, that I wish to put before you, the community, to discuss and give input:

--------------------------------------------------

RK95TP:
Truly a beautifully made rifle, hands down. Not only is the standard setup beautiful with its typical furniture, cheek rest mounted on a Galil style stock  and curved 7.62 which all just seem to flow ever so wonderfully together, but even with a nicely made rail kit (ref. http://i.imgur.com/88THRc3.jpg) looks even more sexy as hell, to me at least. 

Now with that aside, the problem with such a rifle for Asteland is right away the lack of NATO standard ammo. To move Asteland over to a non-NATO round is not an option for the mod.

However, seeing how while we do strive to keep some resemblance to reality with our project (one of the things our fans enjoy the way we are approaching our mod's creation), we do have some form of creative freedom since after all.....it is a fictional nation for a fictional ArmAverse. I know our team recently had a discussion or two about this, and this is a point even still I need to keep presenting in cases like this where we end up focusing too much into 100% realism and forgetting that creative license has a place in our project as well! :)

So we can approach this idea in 2 ways I can see:

1) In the ArmAverse, Asteland introduces a form of RK95 that is NATO standard--either 5.56 or 7.62. Although if we go 7.62 NATO, we run the issue of does such a move then render having a 5.56 LMG completely useless, in which case then you're down to just the MG3. Perhaps not, I don't really know?

2) We retrofit, Basically take the things from something like the RK95 that'll fit in the FFV 890c Galil (even if in real life it doesn't exist without some fiddling from a gunsmith outside of the military since.....fictional country and all).

Think of it as a sort of us creating a RK/FFV hybrid. Something completely custom and 100% uniquely Astelandic, albeit fictional and currently non-existent in real life.  

Or alternatively we keep our FFV-890c Galil with Estonian-style rail kit:

ArmA: http://i.imgur.com/ngKPnWk.png
Real Life: http://i.imgur.com/cwBdg7I.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

That's about it in a nutshell. Actually, there was another point for the Galil, but when I originally tried to preview what I wrote, the new forum erased everything I wrote and had to retype this. So I forgot what the second possibility for the Galil was.  <_<

Don't get me wrong, I love the 890C/Galil. It's pretty good for being originally made for A2 and in the 890c-style paint with LJ's sounds. But, like I said with so many positive changes recently and new doors opening for me to finally build the Asteland the way I always wanted, I couldn't help but bring the rifle back under the microscope for examining. And when I saw that Finnish soldier sporting his 95 railed, it looked just so lovely, it got me thinking about our rifle choice for the future and things like a possible fictional 100% Astelandic hybrid rifle that would stand out on its own even more than what we originally started with back in A2. 

So there you have it. Will be interesting to see what the community thinks would be a cool direction to pull towards. But with that said, my only requirement is that we leave personal views and politics at the door when it comes to the Galil. I want people to really look at things from a much broader viewpoint in what would be fun and creatively interesting for our little fictional Nordic country, Asteland. :)
  • Like 3

Apparently there was/is an export version of the RK 95 that took 5.56 NATO rounds, so the Astorians using such a gun isn't a stretch of the imagination at all. Fun fact though, the first line of Galil rifles were made with machinery and manuals bought from... Valmet. So the Astorian Forces using a hybrid gun would also be totally plausible. If Astoria manufacturers its own arms, and the powers that be like features from both rifles, it wouldn't cost any extra to mash the two together. No artistic license required.

And honestly I just love when small nations have their own obscure rifle design. 

• Like 1

Would be great if you added gunpods,20mm cannon to As-550 too.We probably need flares.If it could send a live-feed to C2 addon or Ctab would be of great help,then we would have a real recce helicopter in-game.

Great mod !  Keep up the work!  Many like this....

I think the TK95TP (or as the base for a custom weapon) is a great piece of metal and would fit perfectly to the Astorian Forces.

7.62 would be my choice. Why? As i understand the Astorian Armed Forces, they are small army, so they decided

to reduce the bewildering variety of calibers. So they chose the most powerfull caliber for long ranges as it could

be necessary for a partsian-style-war.

Maybe Astoria has a Hemvärnet (Home Guard) like Sweden?!

Ok, maybe all the 5.56 SAW/LMG are not necassary anymore, but maybe there could be a TK95TP-RPK-style as light support weapon? And the MG3 is the "HMG"...in

my opinion this would be enough.

I´m sorry, i have a litte bit to much Fantasy :D

• Like 1

As much as I love Galil pattern rifles, I would love to see an RK95 being used by Astorian Forces. 

I think the TK95TP (or as the base for a custom weapon) is a great piece of metal and would fit perfectly to the Astorian Forces.

7.62 would be my choice. Why? As i understand the Astorian Armed Forces, they are small army, so they decided

to reduce the bewildering variety of calibers. So they chose the most powerfull caliber for long ranges as it could

be necessary for a partsian-style-war.

Maybe Astoria has a Hemvärnet (Home Guard) like Sweden?!

Ok, maybe all the 5.56 SAW/LMG are not necassary anymore, but maybe there could be a TK95TP-RPK-style as light support weapon? And the MG3 is the "HMG"...in

my opinion this would be enough.

I´m sorry, i have a litte bit to much Fantasy :D

Nope and nope. 

There's a reason every modern army uses intermediate cartridges for general issue. 7.62 NATO has more recoil then 5.56 meaning more training time, less aimed shots on target, and an uncontrollable full-auto, the more powerful round needs a heavier rifle, the magazines are heavier, bulkier and hold less rounds, the gain of 100/200 meters of range is irrelevant to your average infantryman because most of his engagements happen at 300m or less, your average GI can't consistently hit a target past that range in battlefield conditions anyway, and within that 300m range modern 5.56 is just as lethal as 7.62. Support weapons such as LMG and DMR provide the 500m to 800m fire when needed.

And a heavy barreled rifle is not a replacement for a proper LMG when it comes to pure suppression, regardless of caliber. Your comment about a "TK95TP-RPK-style as light support weapon" leads me to believe you don't actually know the difference between 7.62×39mm and 7.62×51mm NATO. That or you think a 20 round LSW that's heavy and kicks like a mule is actually viable, the history of the M14E2 disagrees. 

Nope and nope. 

There's a reason every modern army uses intermediate cartridges for general issue. 7.62 NATO has more recoil then 5.56 meaning more training time, less aimed shots on target, and an uncontrollable full-auto, the more powerful round needs a heavier rifle, the magazines are heavier, bulkier and hold less rounds, the gain of 100/200 meters of range is irrelevant to your average infantryman because most of his engagements happen at 300m or less, your average GI can't consistently hit a target past that range in battlefield conditions anyway, and within that 300m range modern 5.56 is just as lethal as 7.62. Support weapons such as LMG and DMR provide the 500m to 800m fire when needed.

And a heavy barreled rifle is not a replacement for a proper LMG when it comes to pure suppression, regardless of caliber. Your comment about a "TK95TP-RPK-style as light support weapon" leads me to believe you don't actually know the difference between 7.62×39mm and 7.62×51mm NATO. That or you think a 20 round LSW that's heavy and kicks like a mule is actually viable, the history of the M14E2 disagrees. 

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about firearms with me.

But there is no need to be so offensive.

Of course you´re right with most of your statements.

In my mind i thought (don´t ask how this could happen, maybe too less sleep) they used a larger caliber in the RPK, my fault, i´m really sorry.

And yes the things you said about the 7.62 Nato are also right.

But why should there less aimed shots on targets? Sure the 7.62 full-auto is hard to handle but in combat you often use only single fire for the most time

and penetration of 7.62 Nato is outstanding in comparsion to the 5.56 Nato.

Sure this is not everything. Don´t get me wrong, i like 5.56 Nato, in my service time it was the caliber i shot most but when i get an G3 in my hands it was much more

impressive for me.

So, stay calm, it was just an idea that i had to make the Astorian Armed Forces more unique in there decisions.

öhm,

do the RK95 in 7,62 x 39mm

it would look better and is different

also there are conversion kits for the M249er SAW´s

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/11/10/m249-saw-in-7-62x40mm-wt-300-aac-blk-7-62x39mm-and-7-62x51mm-conversion-kit/

to use 7,62 x 39mm

so it would be possible to use a "intermediate" round for the SAW and the MG3 could use .308 nato

what if history:

Astoria bought a license to build M249 and converted it to the caliber. 

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about firearms with me.

But there is no need to be so offensive.

Of course you´re right with most of your statements.

In my mind i thought (don´t ask how this could happen, maybe too less sleep) they used a larger caliber in the RPK, my fault, i´m really sorry.

And yes the things you said about the 7.62 Nato are also right.

But why should there less aimed shots on targets? Sure the 7.62 full-auto is hard to handle but in combat you often use only single fire for the most time

and penetration of 7.62 Nato is outstanding in comparsion to the 5.56 Nato.

Sorry, I came off a little sharper then I intended. It was uncalled for and I apologize.

You still get less aimed shots on target because you need to adjust more for each new follow on shot due to the kick of a light rifle firing what is essentially a .308. Most combat takes place at short ranges where the target is only visible for a short period, so even in single fire, recoil matters, its the difference between 3 shots at an exposed target and 5, which is an important factor for hit probability.

I'm not debating the long range power and penetration of the 7.62 NATO. But post WWII studies proved that Terminal Ballistics at long range are irrelevant for most combat situations. And in every other way 5.56 is the superior round.

Look up "Operational Requirements For An Infantry Hand Weapon".

Realistically the Astorian forces would use the same 5.56 as everyone else. Maybe they'd have a higher ratio of marksmen to riflemen then most armies. Maybe even integral to the fireteam like what some elements of the British army have done in Afghanistan (one L129A1 per fireteam in their case), but that ought to be the extent of it. Novelty shouldn't trump realism in this case.              

Sorry, I came off a little sharper then I intended. It was uncalled for and I apologize.

You still get less aimed shots on target because you need to adjust more for each new follow on shot due to the kick of a light rifle firing what is essentially a .308. Most combat takes place at short ranges where the target is only visible for a short period, so even in single fire, recoil matters, its the difference between 3 shots at an exposed target and 5, which is an important factor for hit probability.

I'm not debating the long range power and penetration of the 7.62 NATO. But post WWII studies proved that Terminal Ballistics at long range are irrelevant for most combat situations. And in every other way 5.56 is the superior round.

Look up "Operational Requirements For An Infantry Hand Weapon".

Realistically the Astorian forces would use the same 5.56 as everyone else. Maybe they'd have a higher ratio of marksmen to riflemen then most armies. Maybe even integral to the fireteam like what some elements of the British army have done in Afghanistan (one L129A1 per fireteam in their case), but that ought to be the extent of it. Novelty shouldn't trump realism in this case.              

Mhm...sure you´re right...maybe my sympathy for the good old HK G3 (and of course the MG3) made me more subjectively as i want to be.

However, i would like to see the Astorian forces with something other then the rest of the world.

I would be glad if they chose the TK95TP as the main weapon, no matter what caliber.

What i know is that most firefights in Afghanistan are between 300-600m, this is where 5.56 Nato is too weak.

Sure, Asteland is not Afganhistan. (only want to say what i know)

What kind of operational theater would Astorian forces mainly fight in? Urban areas/ Open fields/ Nordic forests? 

Im under the impression that 5.56 might perform poorly in forest (or in bushy fields) if shot through foliage as they would slow the bullet down. (Problem in Vietnam I think). Close range urban combat it could be better due to what is said in the last few posts but would that be the main theater?

What kind of operational theater would Astorian forces mainly fight in? Urban areas/ Open fields/ Nordic forests? 

Im under the impression that 5.56 might perform poorly in forest (or in bushy fields) if shot through foliage as they would slow the bullet down. (Problem in Vietnam I think). Close range urban combat it could be better due to what is said in the last few posts but would that be the main theater?

5.56 is still advantageous in dense forest because in that sort of environment infantry forces might not notice each other till they're at very close ranges, which was one of the major problems with the M14 and FAL in Vietnam, they were big long rifles designed for the plains and highways of central Europe. Which gave them a massive disadvantage against the compact, rapid fire, AK in the jungle. The average engagement distance in that conflict was 150 meters, at that sort of distance the deciding factor is who can get the most fire out in the shortest amount of time. Remember that the M16 (project NIMBLE) was a reaction to the unsuitability of the M14 for the war in Vietnam.

Mhm...sure you´re right...maybe my sympathy for the good old HK G3 (and of course the MG3) made me more subjectively as i want to be.

However, i would like to see the Astorian forces with something other then the rest of the world.

I would be glad if they chose the TK95TP as the main weapon, no matter what caliber.

What i know is that most firefights in Afghanistan are between 300-600m, this is where 5.56 Nato is too weak.

Sure, Asteland is not Afganhistan. (only want to say what i know)

Thing is, the reason that firefights in Afghanistan are taking place that those ranges is that the insurgent forces have realized that they can't take on Coalition forces at close range due the the disparity in training and equipment, and they can't rely on human wave tactics because they're low on moral and manpower so they're attacking with RPG fire, mortars, crew served machine guns and the like. Even in the hands of a professional soldier using factory ammo the AKM is a notoriously inaccurate weapon at a distance, insurgents are mag dumping Khyber Pass ammo out of rifles that are 50 years old. True, Coalition Forces are having trouble engaging them effectively at those ranges, but the disparity is not in the small arms department.           

• Like 1

Guys , calm down

we will most likely use NATO rounds only , so no 7.62x39 mm

and please keep the offtopic stuff out , thx

I wasn't actually arguing, I was trying to be informative, there's a lot of nostalgia based misconceptions out there when it comes to rifle calibers. Anyway, the disagreement was between 5.56 and 7.62 NATO.

I wasn't actually arguing, I was trying to be informative, there's a lot of nostalgia based misconceptions out there when it comes to rifle calibers. Anyway, the disagreement was between 5.56 and 7.62 NATO.

We going for by NATO standards - 5.56 for regular soldiers , 7.62 for MG and DM roles

Quite the contrary. I find the information very interesting, since this is not my background. So I'm actually learning a bit from this stuff coming through, which is actually one of the reasons why I asked for the community's input and to start a discussion. The start of it was a bit iffy due to miscommunication, but has since been cleared up and they are discussing things that Kaz, Task Soldier and myself have been discussing the past few days freely, so it's doubling up on my education as project lead. If I didn't expect these posts I wouldn't have asked the community to provide such posts,lol.  ;)

Anyways, to the people actually responding I appreciate the feedback and certainly taking things in. As far as areas of operation, this is a bit tricky to answer as I've decided against a lot of limitations within my mod and want to give the community freedom to make their own missions and use their creativity. For the most part, I'd say yes to a lot of engagements in forests as our campaign will eventually take place for the most part within Asteland itself. So you'll find a lot of forrest and some urban conflicts with rebels. And being a NATO member, we will most likely stick to 5.56 as a standard.  :)

• Like 1

If you ever have any western infantry small arms questions that need answering, send me a PM and I'll see what I can come up with, happy to help. Don't want to cause moderator heat by going off topic in thread.

• Like 1

If you want this nation to seem a little less wealthy (and not have enough money to purchase expensive choppers) you could replace the AS550 with its cheap chinese knockoff Z-11W

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cuteftpster/RyfmzEV_7CI/AAAAAAAAAY8/cbGRML2jz-k/s800/image001.jpg

Whats the difference?

it travels 40km faster

• Like 1

hello!

here to answer some questions in the vehicle department.

Would be great if you added gunpods,20mm cannon to As-550 too.We probably need flares.If it could send a live-feed to C2 addon or Ctab would be of great help,then we would have a real recce helicopter in-game.

Great mod !  Keep up the work!  Many like this....

There will be several armed variants of the AS550 that will be able to be placed in the editor and plans have been set up for an arming menu as well in the future.

The preset variants are as follows. 

-AS550 (unarmed with FFV, sling loading and fast rope compatibility)

-AS550 (gun) holds 2 cargo in the back who cannot shoot from the helo. is armed with 2 FN RMP rocket/.50cal gun pods

-AS550 (cannon) again, holds 2 cargo in the back for self extraction, is armed with 2 hellfire missiles (non L variants) and a nextar 20mm cannon pod. 

The original plan was to have the AS550 with TOW missiles, but since it is taking over a more modern role of a light attack helicopter, we changed to laser or GPS guided hellfires. This does two things.

1. allows us to save money because all AS550s will now have the FLIR pod fitted to the top and do not need a special conversion for fitting of TOW optics that would be cumbersome and only allow use of TOW missiles when the optics are fitted.

2. hellfires can either be laser designated by the firing AS550, by ground troops, or by an orbiting JAS39 which allows for much more precise strikes that could be carried out with the AS550 tucked away safely behind a mountain.

there will also be a civilian version of the as550 (AS350) in the future) as well as a navy twin engine AS550 (AS555) for use as a sonar and light transport variant, as well as its civilian counterpart, the AS355, although these are much lower priority and probably not surface for some time.

As far as flares, I dont believe the 550 has any countermeasures, but I will research further, and see how hard/practical/expensive it would be to fit a 3rd party countermeasure system to the helo.

I dont think you would need to really do anything to get it work with a live feed to CTAB at least. Give the Copilot/gunner a helmet camera, then you can look through his camera and select "view optics" and look through the flir pod (even if the copilot isnt) then give him directions on where to aim the pod. Would be nice I guess to just have the helicopter link to something like a UAV video feed without needing the helmet cam, but for the first release that should work fine.

If you want this nation to seem a little less wealthy (and not have enough money to purchase expensive choppers) you could replace the AS550 with its cheap chinese knockoff Z-11W

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cuteftpster/RyfmzEV_7CI/AAAAAAAAAY8/cbGRML2jz-k/s800/image001.jpg

Whats the difference?

it travels 40km faster

the z-11w is a dedicated military helicopter developed and used only by China. even though it is based heavily on the AS550, there are some major differences to the engine that gives it the speed boost. It would probably end up costing Astoria more to get the 11w from China IF the would even make an export version, which is extremely unlikely. The 550 is such a widely used system in both the civilian world as well as military, and Eurocopter is infinitely more open so selling their products to countries than the Chinese government. Thanks for the suggestion though! glad to see people taking an interest and offering changes versus just saying "I dont like it. Change everything!"

• Like 4

As far as flares, I dont believe the 550 has any countermeasures, but I will research further, and see how hard/practical/expensive it would be to fit a 3rd party countermeasure system to the helo.

"The surveillance and observation systems include a forward-looking infrared (FLIR), optical cameras and Spectrolab SX 16 searchlights. Thales Detexis EWR-99 radar warning receiver and Alkan ELIPS countermeasures dispenser can be fitted."

- Source

Good enough for me!

http://librarun.org/book/30265/2356

http://www.mbda-systems.com/mediagallery/files/elips_datasheet-1424428177.pdf

more specifics on the countermeasures here

I will update the AS550 as I have time to include these features, Im currently working and have just started back up at school to do 3d modeling professionally, so there is less time, but the drive is still the same!

updates to the 550 will include

- addition of countermeasure dispensing system (CMDS) on the tail boom

- addition of CMDS control panel in the cockpit

- addition of radar monitor in cockpit (will be static display similar to the Ghosthawk radar on first mod release)

• Like 2

Sounds great! Thanks for this detailed informations! :)

I hope some playable stuff will be released soon, can´t wait to play with the Royal Astorian Armed Forces...

or at least some nice pictures of soldiers in astorian uniforms ;)

Hello everyone!

just thought Id jump in quick with some updates.

The vehicle list has been tweaked from its original, due to some new finds and gameplay balancing. The updated list, we feel, will essentially mirror the structure that has already been put in place by the vanilla factions and make the Astorian faction not just the addition of a couple vehicles and weapons, but a fleshed out military with no supplementation needed.

About half of the land vehicles are at 50% thanks to Lord Jarhead, and mainly need interiors,configs,optimizations, and textures (STILL WOULD LOVE A DEDICATED TEXTURE ARTIST) fleshed out. Not all of these vehicles will make it into the alpha release just because of manpower and time, but there should be enough there to get some solid testing done as well as make it fun for everyone.

Wheeled:

Landcruiser FZJ

Iveco LMV*

-unarmed (FFV turret)*

-manned M2 turret*

-Ambulance*

Iveco LMV pickup*

-manned M2 + passengers*

-manned Mk19 + passengers*

-TOW launcher in pickup bed*

-RBS 70 launcher in pickup bed*

ATF Dingo

-RCWS MG3

Patria Pasi XA203 (non amphibious, with Manned M2 Turret)*

-MEV*

Susi A2045

-flatbed

Susi ETP 8x8

-Radar

-SAM missiles

Susi ETP 10x10

Tracked:

CV90*

-armadillo*

M113

Leopard 2A6*

-Up armoured*

-bridgelayer*

Pzh2000 Artillery*

Air:

AS550*

-unarmed*

-TOW x4*

-Dual .50cal Gun pods*

-1x 20mm cannon 1x 7 FFAR pod*

NH90*

-MEV*

-gunship (details to be disclosed at later date)*

Bell 412 (will not be added until full release or later)

C130J

Saab JAS39C/D

Navy:

Jurmo Landing Craft

-NEMO mortar system

Goteborg Class corvette

Hamina Class missile boat

Kuha class minesweeper

Static:

Ksp m39 .30cal MG

M2 Tripod

-minitripod

Mk19 Tripod

-minitripod

TOW Launcher

RBS70 AA Launcher

Bofors 40mm (1940s)*

-modern*

M41/D 120mm Mortar

FH77B 155mm howitzer

*in progress

If you see a vehicle on this list you would like to help with, or if you would like to Join our team, please contact Yokhanan. A little help can go a long way!

Jones

Before I forget this:  We will need some version of the Swedish AA-tank ,more useful then ,say -40s Bofors 40mm. Will need this for my planned mission ,with RBS-70 from another mod .

We will need most of these additions placeable with Zeus ,from the start.Otherwise ,it takes a looong time to make it truly useful.

Can I interest you in Girraffe Radar Truck?  If you make the parts,we will have a working SAM-Node that can be sent out ahead of the main force with these light-AT helicopters.

Keep it up! Can we get some A-6 Intruder bombers,where we can set "fly-in height" as well,this will be my go-to mod for sure!

Thanks for a great mod!

PS: You could find out if you could use the Armscore FX-file for his gunpod, it´s really authentic.....suggestion.

PS: Can we get all helicopters as in Splinter Cell Camoflage too,please .  And a Special Request;The Viggen Jet Fighter.

Thanks! 

Will we somehow be able to actually use a Jas-39 for lase a target!?     Will it work ?  Will you be including Showcases mission(s)?  Could you relese the boats as a Stand-Alone,sence we desperatly need more boats in Arma 3?   Just a  :) .  Could yuo please add a door mounted M-60 gun to A-550 as well?  ;) Would like to see a Mini-mod with a Boat+helicopter before the big mod comes out much  :)   ;)   :P   :D   B) ,keep things moving along ,Like this Very Much!!  Many will use this for MP the very second it`s gone public........Thanks!

PS:  Coud you make a "Stabilized Gun Sight " using the Darter camera with a laser that would simply lock-on to a target and follow it,making FFV so much better made.?

The JAS39D will be the only JAS39 that can lase a target upon the fixed wings first release because its a 2 seater and will be equipped with a targeting pod. The JAS39C (single seat) might have laser capability some time later.

We will be including showcase missions.

It is possible the boats could be released as a stand alone but that depends on 2 things

1. the decision of the project leader

2. how we structure our pbos

it might be a case where you could simply pull the astr_water.pbo, and astr_weapons.pbo out of the mod an use them separately but we may keep it with the mod and not publish it as stand alone to get more people to download and try out the full mod.

No door guns on the AS550. I know there is a mount that can be fitted on it, but the way Astoria will be using the 550, FFV would suffice rather than having to board the helo around a mounted gun. Besides, we will have Bell 412s and NH90s with door guns, if a door gun is needed.

while it may be possible to stabilize a gun sight like the darters or the targeting pod on the JAS39 more than what has been done in game, it is not possible to make the reticle fix on a target such as a vehicle and follow it. it may be possible down the road with scripting, but that would have to be thoroughly tested to ensure it does not chew up CPU.

Before I forget this:  We will need some version of the Swedish AA-tank ,more useful then ,say -40s Bofors 40mm. Will need this for my planned mission ,with RBS-70 from another mod .

We will need most of these additions placeable with Zeus ,from the start.Otherwise ,it takes a looong time to make it truly useful.

Can I interest you in Girraffe Radar Truck?  If you make the parts,we will have a working SAM-Node that can be sent out ahead of the main force with these light-AT helicopters.

Keep it up! Can we get some A-6 Intruder bombers,where we can set "fly-in height" as well,this will be my go-to mod for sure!

Thanks for a great mod!

PS: You could find out if you could use the Armscore FX-file for his gunpod, it´s really authentic.....suggestion.

There is a dedicated AAA version of the CV90, however its only difference is that it has a better radar system and a higher max gun elevation. it still only uses the bofors 40mm rounds. The only other AA systems we have are the Sisu ETP 8x8 trucks outfitted with a SAM package and a radar package, as well as a static RBS-70 launcher.

As stated above, we will have a radar truck and SAM node, although it will not be the Girraffe.

We will not have A-6 Intruders because they are US carrier based attack planes and arent used elsewhere. The JAS39C/D are more than capable of filling the same role.