PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

So I was just wondering if there is any chance of getting one of these bad boys added?

Nothing too fancy of course, just enough to raid the Essex maybe?

Viking_Boat.jpg

Well, how else would a Astelandic person get to work? In a car? Pfft. :p lol

A quick question, if I may. Well, two questions.

How much will you be modifying the Galil platform for your mod, in order to streamline the style? I have seen the screencaps of the current models in the OP, I'm just curious if there's more to be done or if you're staying with the Galil style as is?

And what will the service designation for the rifle be? How will the Astorian military name their rifle of choice?

As far as naming of weapons, that's where Alpha will come in because we don't want to just call it a Galil or "Astorian Galil". We want a better name that'll sound like it makes sense. So once we're ready, we'll update the OP with the new names for the weapons, designations for vehicles and any nicknames.

As far as looks go, right now the main release will see the Galil SAR, Galil SAR with Estonian-style rail system and with any luck at least one variant of the ACE-series to start with. After discovering the existence of the FFV 890c, I might try seeing about having some hints of it in the design scheme in the older Galil. Oh and of course they'll have UGL versions.

And what will the service designation for the rifle be? How will the Astorian military name their rifle of choice?

If we look at the rifles linked by Yokhanan above, the Galil SAR has the designation AG95k, and the SAR with the Estonian-style rail system is designated AG95kr. The letters, AG, stands for Automatgevär (Automatic rifle), and the numbers stand for the year it was put into service (1995). You can probably guess what the letters after the numbers stand for. ;)

Ah I wasn't sure what to expect, I'm relieved to see you're still here :D

Hey all,

The Project ASTFOR team would like to hear from the community concerning what camo pattern we should trial. Keep in mind, Phase 1 release will not be keeping with ArmA 3's 2035-style theme. We are shooting more for an early to mid 2000's era. Also Multicam is off the table permanently, so please hold back any suggestions of it.

We had a few requests for Swedish M90. As really nice as the pattern is, originally we were going to have such a style on the vehicles and have uniform patterns separate. That was one concern. Another larger concern was that with 2 known Swedish projects in existence, I feared going with M90 would cause us to blend in and community wouldn't like the idea. However, since I've had it suggested, I have added two versions of it on the table for voting anyways, just out of curiosity to see where the community would stand.

Below is an image of what patterns are current up for voting. Feel free to look them over and cast your vote. We're eager to see how the community votes. Thanks for your input, we appreciate your help!

MA5BSNx.jpg

(click for a slightly larger view)

Astorian Digital looks best. the first 2 dont look too good and flecktarn is IMO overused. :)

Astorian digital by a longshot. However, is it just me... or does it look a little like the german army camo?

I would agree with Astorian Digital, and I also have to say that rifle (not a euphemism :D) of yours you posted the pictures of in the first post is sexy! Looks like an awesome mod guys.

Wow, thus far the ASTDCP digital pattern seems to be taking the lead. Quite surprised, actually. I know someone in particular who is not going to take m90 losing the race too well, haha. There's probably going to be some of this happening: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrsoijupVn1qziza8.gif :p

Is the Astorian digital pattern emulating CADPAT/MARPAT with the colourway from Estonia's woodland digital pattern? It looks quite nice :)

Is the Astorian digital pattern emulating CADPAT/MARPAT with the colourway from Estonia's woodland digital pattern? It looks quite nice :)

Bingo! The original Astorian pattern wasn't the best, plus while up close it did look nice, it was a bit on the dark and contrast-less side. So it didn't take going far at all before you ended up looking like a tootsie roll on legs. So now the pattern looks better and colors have just enough color contrast where you don't turn into a walking turd a few feet away, but also works decently in terrains like Chernarus. Might need a few more tweaks to color tones, but thus far its more superior compared to the darker original.

The M90 v2 is amazing :cool:

You could introduce all of them. Keep one as the official one, and the other that can be added with the AddUniform command in the editor.

Are you guys going to release the whole thing as one big mod? Or have certain parts seperate so others can use them (Weapon packs or somthing), or at some point release some stuff seperatley, give to some community members to use in their mods (Like for instance someone wanted to use a vehicle you had or somthing)?

Also are you planning on compatibility with any other mods or using mods like ASDG JR and such?

-MikeTim

Are you guys going to release the whole thing as one big mod? Or have certain parts seperate so others can use them (Weapon packs or somthing),

Hoping the release as one big package, but we'll see how development goes as there is a lot sitting here waiting for textures, etc.

or at some point release some stuff seperatley, give to some community members to use in their mods (Like for instance someone wanted to use a vehicle you had or somthing)?

Until all of our assets are where we want them, we will not be releasing anything for use in other mods right now. We spoke to the Norweigan mod about future cooperation once we are where we want to be and our assets are far enough along to share, for instance. But right now, we will not be releasing anything of ours to other project, sorry.

Also are you planning on compatibility with any other mods or using mods like ASDG JR and such?

Yes.

Hope this answers your questions. :)

Thanks bro! Sounds great.

As far as planned content goes I understand you shouldn't be releasing lists and making promises you can't keep, but can you tell me roughly what do you think the size in mb/gb is going to be?

Is this one of those big ones for a faction that is like 1 gb+, I assume its going to be a big mod but I can't really tell.

:p Thanks

-MikeTim

Just out of interest, will there be a custom campaign with the pack???

Thanks

Hogg

Thanks bro! Sounds great.

As far as planned content goes I understand you shouldn't be releasing lists and making promises you can't keep, but can you tell me roughly what do you think the size in mb/gb is going to be?

Is this one of those big ones for a faction that is like 1 gb+, I assume its going to be a big mod but I can't really tell.

:p Thanks

-MikeTim

Yeah, it's really hard to tell at this moment what we're looking at in terms of file size. But seeing how when you figure in the weapons w/ variants, the vehicles, infantry with gear, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if it hits the 1GB level. But if it does, then I might look into breaking it down. I'd really like to keep it all one big package, but we'll have to see. Especially if we end up doing at least one terrain as well, but we need to see. Right now all such details are very vague and guestimates at best. :)

Also in regards to campaigns, Zedderzulu is dying to come up with some storylines once we're ready. So I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up completing the circle of immersion with a campaign of sorts instead of just releasing units and leaving it at that.

Hey guys i hope everything is going smoothly for the development team, can't wait for this!!!

Thanks

Hogg

Will The vests be molle?

---------- Post added at 05:29 ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 ----------

Please do The tyr pico plate carrier

Hey guys,

Must admit, I'm surprised people still remember our project even exists, haha. It's nice seeing people remember lil' ol' us. :)

Yeah, things creep forward here and there. Summer is always a tough one because people usually go on vacation with their loved ones, hit the beaches to beat this heat...or if you're like me, usually curl up into the fetal position and cry while rocking back and forth hoping this heat will pass. :p

And yeah, I believe "Phase 1" vests will be molle and setup in similar styles as the Esti's in Afghanistan for example. Plate carriers will come eventually for "Phase 2" additions. We sent all of the infantry assets LJ quickly made in Blender over to Matt (StalkerGB) and see what we can have done in regards to some spiffy lookin' infantry. I think--in regards to the 51% holding on the polls--we'll probably be seeing some form of the Astelandic digital or something along those lines at least. Fleck and M90, while really nice, would risk blending in with any other Scandinavian units that are out or may come out in the future. At least the M90 will. If no Danes come out with a mod in the future, perhaps we could revisit flecktarn as a possible. Either way, we'll first need the infantry assets done and sorted first before camo patterns become any form of concern at this point.

We still have a lot to do and sitting on a lot of assets that we could use extra hands to help with--tweaking vehicle models, tank/ifv interiors, help tweak any problem areas with weapon models so they can be uv mapped, uv mapping, weapon texturing, vehicle textures etc. Unfortunately, we just seem to get a lot of fans who can't wait for our mod, and things go deafly silent when it comes to our cries for help from the community. A lot of times because most of the talent out in the community right now are tied up in their own big projects. So all we can do is do what we can little by little.

Will keep you updated should any news come through. Thanks for keeping the interest and support, guys. Appreciate it! :)