PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

2YF81Bc.png

5 May, 2010 AD The southern, private airfield is completed and members of the surrounding community form the Portmark Flyklubb.

• Like 2

2YF81Bc.png

7 May, 1945 AD Germany surrenders along with their forces in Asteland before the allied liberation force sent to retake Asteland can arrive. Astelandic forces serving with other nations in Europe return home. When they return, they find that the Der Nordwind (The North Wind) SS battalion stationed on Portmark is refusing to surrender for fear of prosecution. The Asteland Marines volunteer to retake the island with the assistance of the Resistance on Portmark and the Royal Navy.

• Like 2

Today you lucky lot you have me instead of Jones for the Sunday WIP.

the following statement has been sanctioned by team lead:

'Sunday WIP is itself a WIP'

so yeah, you never know you might get the scheduled broadcast from old Jones, but if not i'll summarize. Lots of work done, progress being made, will be ready when its ready.

hope those of you who are students are doing well in yer finals/exams/whatever else you guys call them.

those of you who work.....hope its enjoyable and stuff.

Wait out on the next WIP report whenever it comes, and yeah have a good one.

• Like 5

*WEEKLY WIP REPORT- Week of 5.1  - 5.8.2016

*World Building

This week with help from our foreign consultant, Almazo, we’ve solidified names of cities for the island of Portmark. We’d like to thank Major Desync for joining us for a limited time as a third party developer to help continue the progression of Portmark towards completion. Check out some of his awesome terrain work here! We would also like to give a formal shoutout to Cyperevenge, who was the artist responsible for the initial creation of our island, check out his other wonderful work here. Thank you both!

8dfjRty.jpg

*Art

The Galil SAR continues to move through its spit shine phase, as we prepare the models for in-game configuration and texturing. It’s a learning process for some members of the team, but after this first step, the rest of the weapons should progress much faster. Our resident lore junkie and game-world architect, Wildcatbridge65, has begun pulling real world structures into the 3d world as well as designing some completely custom buildings for our art team to convert into game-ready models when the time comes. We don’t have any to share with you this week, but we’re excited to have access to a talent that will allow us to bring several new custom structures into the Armaverse. In the past week, our friends over at Finmod have been hard at work modeling new assets for both teams. In the coming months we will be debuting two new soldier systems and the game mechanics that accompany them.

• Like 6

2YF81Bc.png

10 May, 1945 AD The marines land on Portmark with their new armoured company equipped with Sherman, and Churchill tanks. They link up with the resistance and start to fight their way down to the capitol city of Sørvik.

• Like 4

yes the 'Der Nordvind' battalion (name may be changed) was an SS battalion made up of defectors from the Asteland isles. i based them off similar units that were created by the SS from Norwegian, Polish, Russian, and even some British defectors. 

about 4 posts above yours you can find a mention of them

• Like 2

i saw the mention of them, but i didn´t realize that the "Nordvind" Battalion was "Astelandic"

Anyway...really nice ideas...that makes the whole thing "deeper"...time to join the Astorian Armed Forces :D

• Like 3

well that's the objective. if someone turns around and says 'wait Asteland isn't a real place?' then i'll be happy  :)

• Like 2

i saw the mention of them, but i didn´t realize that the "Nordvind" Battalion was "Astelandic"

Anyway...really nice ideas...that makes the whole thing "deeper"...time to join the Astorian Armed Forces :D

What are teh requirements!?  :D

• Like 2

time to join the Astorian Armed Forces :D

You're not far off. It's been a goal of mine since the start, and my focus will eventually shift to such an endeavor once things are released. I've wanted to have some sorta group going structured around it. Life with a physical disability such as my muscular dystrophy takes a lot out and away, especially knowing you don't get to follow what is in your heart like friends and family around you. Project ASTFOR has been one of the very few little good moments to focus on, and as much as I enjoy working on it and seeing my creation take root, its release is certainly not the end goal for me, but to see it sprout past that into something bigger for myself to escape equally into fully and lose myself within. 

• Like 4

What are teh requirements!?  :D

Good question...maybe it´s enough to be a cool guy :D

You're not far off. It's been a goal of mine since the start, and my focus will eventually shift to such an endeavor once things are released. I've wanted to have some sorta group going structured around it. Life with a physical disability such as my muscular dystrophy takes a lot out and away, especially knowing you don't get to follow what is in your heart like friends and family around you. Project ASTFOR has been one of the very few little good moments to focus on, and as much as I enjoy working on it and seeing my creation take root, its release is certainly not the end goal for me, but to see it sprout past that into something bigger for myself to escape equally into fully and lose myself within. 

Those words could come from my mouth... at least partly.

To get something which make you forget everything else in life and get lost within is very hard to find, but i got the same feeling when i see the details getting into ASTFOR...hopefully this don´t sounds to weird :)

• Like 3

It sounds extremely weird....but i like it  :lol:

At the end of the day for me ASTFOR is more than just a hobby, its some really good friends. Outside of the team though as a whole with the people on the forum its a community of like minded friendly people....maybe even a family. Hell i started out as just a guy who made a joke on the forum and now i write essay length bits of history for these guys hahahaha. I'm really privileged to be a part of this cause we're not just making a unit pack, we are making a nation in every sense except real life. So yeah time to get sappy and say thanks to the team, and thanks to the community for all coming together and trying to push the limits of creativity.

Now try beating that level of weirdness  ;)

• Like 3

I'll have to go back and look through the post... but is Astorian Armed Forces supposed to have it's own camouflage? I might try to come up with some sort of new custom pattern.

I really do love the detail that is going into this. Keep up this awesome work!

• Like 2

I'll have to go back and look through the post... but is Astorian Armed Forces supposed to have it's own camouflage? I might try to come up with some sort of new custom pattern.

I really do love the detail that is going into this. Keep up this awesome work!

We have our own camo, which is a variant of the ESTPAT ,( estorian camouflage ) which is based on the CADPAT, so basicly digital camo. While our woodland might look cadpat ish to the untrainned eye, we got some proper research done into making a very unique desert coloration. I can even go as far as say we had the help of guys who did hiding in harsh conditions to fufill mission as a living in the design process of it.

11891062_1673355699564668_61685264794962

• Like 7

We have our own camo, which is a variant of the ESTPAT ,( estorian camouflage ) which is based on the CADPAT, so basicly digital camo. While our woodland might look cadpat ish to the untrainned eye, we got some proper research done into making a very unique desert coloration. I can even go as far as say we had the help of guys who did hiding in harsh conditions to fufill mission as a living in the design process of it.

*snip*

Good to know!! I seriously love the detail going into this. Wish I would have known about it before to help get involved!

• Like 1

Now try beating that level of weirdness  ;)

No way...weirdness is over 9000 :D

• Like 1

right I am making a call out for anyone who has experience of sketchup and wants to help astfor. if you are interested then PM me. you will need to make the building (picture below) both interior and exterior and attach to the PM along with a brief statement outlining your skills and another telling me about you as a person. this is so i can make the right call on someone who will fit the team, hope you all understand. and good luck

log-cabin1.jpg

• Like 3

This mod is honestly the one I am going to play with all of my time on arma 3 when it releases. Great work! 

-I wish I could help moddelling.

• Like 4

so fans and fanettes time for an update.

1) We are not dead! i know it seemed a little edgy but i can confirm we aren't dead. long story short two key members are doing exams and other educational stuff. So things have slowed as you can understand.

2) We have an alpha list! blimey you'd be surprised how long we were working without one of them hahahaha. So yeah we are on track unlike before when we just shot off in various directions (like seriously there was like a ww2 phase, island phase, jenga phase etc.) 

3) we have actually got a third of the alpha list completed...i think by accident actually. but now we are on route it will not be long before we hit half way. 

Right time to be honest with you all...we made a big decision. We have given ourselves to december to release the alpha. now this is actually rather manageable and so don't panic, we'll probably be done before then. this is just a task to get us rejuvenated.

Now we couldn't have done all this without your support. seriously when you guys chat on the forums it keeps us motivated. so from the bottom of our hearts thank you. Also if you guys bring up an interesting subject we're always happy to chip in.

• Like 4