PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

ASTFOR is going to feature a GRIPPEN? Wow, I was interested in this mod for a while... now it has my full attention lol! =D

It is indeed an impressive list of vehicles (quite mixed too, but that´s the whole ASTFOR idea after all)

cheers!

No,I meant to open the doors and use FFV to use whatever gun you got.Will these things be placeble in Zeus from the start?  We need the Viggen as a retro thing,like SFP.

Sk-60 Light Attack Aircraft as well.Bullfrog in Splinter Cell Cammo.

If you get the time,off course.

May I add that you could use the Peacemaker AU-23A as a cheap gunship,like the C-130 that we allready have some of-let`s not make another the same.

yes, doors will open and close on the 550, all vehicles will be available in Zeus and the editor. Our military budget is pretty low so were just sticking with the JAS39s for attack craft for now. we have 2 cargo planes and an observation plane on the short list as well. Weve tossed about the idea of a gunship (not the AU23), and the idea has been put way to the back burner until we can get some of the more important vehicles in game first. Most of the vehicles will be older, limted, multi role, cheap, or convertible, because of the lower military budget in Astoria. We're fleshing out the details of a fact sheet to be published soon with some of the lore, natural resources, and budgets of Astoria to give everyone (and the team) a better perspective of what kind of stuff the country could afford

• Like 1

Well with the new (positive) changes going on internally with Project ASTFOR, I've been wanting to play our cards a bit closer to our chest for a few reasons. However with some of the progress, especially that of the uniform, we decided it was time for a little bit of some sexy eye candy for you guys to see we are not only far from dead, but things have changed.....a lot. So yeah, without further adieu, below is a sneak peak of the uniform currently as well as both woodland and desert patterns!:

qhFviyel.png    

• Like 5

I will never play as another faction when this comes out, especially with the Rk. 95 becoming the main infantry weapon.

• Like 1

I've got a question. How your static weapons and weapons mounted on vehicles will work? Is it going to be "vanila" arma 3 system, or something more advanced?

In 3CB Weapons and Vehicles mods players have to carry additional HMG\GMG ammo in their bagpacks, (so there must be 3 guys in support sq gunner, assistant and ammo guy). 
In vehicles there are ammo belts in inventory. In order to reload You have to press R key. In addition, if Your support sq. is running low on ammo, thay can borrow some belts from vehicle.

Thats how every single vehicle in A3 should work in my opinion.

Just check it

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27204

• Like 1

I've got a question. How your static weapons and weapons mounted on vehicles will work? Is it going to be "vanila" arma 3 system, or something more advanced?

In 3CB Weapons and Vehicles mods players have to carry additional HMG\GMG ammo in their bagpacks, (so there must be 3 guys in support sq gunner, assistant and ammo guy). 

In vehicles there are ammo belts in inventory. In order to reload You have to press R key. In addition, if Your support sq. is running low on ammo, thay can borrow some belts from vehicle.

Thats how every single vehicle in A3 should work in my opinion.

Just check it

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27204

For me, I'm a details kinda guy. I hate dumbed down vanilla mechanics, and enjoy seeing projects where they take the time to think of the finer details like that. So yeah, definitely something I'd like to consider.  :)

• Like 2

Any hint of what kind of AA will be included with this?  Maybe,the Rapier Missile System?

Will there be any boats included? Cammo-nets?

How's the terrain coming along?

From what I remember from a few months ago, we have like the basics in-game as far as terrain. Just need plenty of time and effort to do all the trees and buildings planned and placed, which we all know can take quite a bit of time haha. Currently its mostly just mountains, lakes, and flat lifeless areas that need trees and houses to start making it look more alive. Right now things seem to be more focused on getting the infantry stuff knocked down and out and start chiseling more off the workboard so this way we can focus a lot more on the terrain itself to make sure it comes out correctly and not all repetitive. Hopefully by then I'd really, really like to visit the possibility of doing some Scandinavian style buildings/homes than just plopping down a3 style buildings down which might look a little out of place in pitching it as a Scandinavian terrain. But as with most things, guess we'll cross that bridge when we reach it. Hopefully it'll go well and we don't fall through half-way screaming and flailing our arms about wildly. :P

From what I remember from a few months ago, we have like the basics in-game as far as terrain. Just need plenty of time and effort to do all the trees and buildings planned and placed, which we all know can take quite a bit of time haha. Currently its mostly just mountains, lakes, and flat lifeless areas that need trees and houses to start making it look more alive. Right now things seem to be more focused on getting the infantry stuff knocked down and out and start chiseling more off the workboard so this way we can focus a lot more on the terrain itself to make sure it comes out correctly and not all repetitive. Hopefully by then I'd really, really like to visit the possibility of doing some Scandinavian style buildings/homes than just plopping down a3 style buildings down which might look a little out of place in pitching it as a Scandinavian terrain. But as with most things, guess we'll cross that bridge when we reach it. Hopefully it'll go well and we don't fall through half-way screaming and flailing our arms about wildly. :P

Red cabins and log cabins in the wilderness. Thousands of lakes. Woods.

I guess that's about it

I suppose you could see if The Isle of Scilly developers would be willing to share their assets? I don't how similar English and Scandinavian buildings are, bit I think they may have a few brick houses and log cabins. As for bigger buildings I have no clue at the moment lol.

The good thing about this first terrain is its pretty rustic. Which means we can do some recycling from the green maps of the past arma series like cherno and maybe some from sarahni (sp?). Well still probably end up creating our own buildings, but since theyre not very densely packed, it wont be quite as much work

• Like 1

As a member of an Estonian realism unit I got to say that you're doing great work. Can't wait to get my hands on Galil's. Keep going, man!

• Like 1

What alignment is Astoria? Independent? 

Acctually,CV-90 ammo is explosive,3-round burst,with a fire-sequence that put the rounds in a triangle-shape if aimed at a chopper and in a diamond shape if against an aircraft.

Viggen was a Vstol-aircraft.Perfect for small roads-and Astfor ;) .

Will Jas pack RBS-15?  Like the french Exoset?

Could you add the Rapier towed missile system?  

What alignment is Astoria? Independent? 

Astorian Armed Forces are an active member of NATO - aligned with BLUFOR

• Like 2

Acctually,CV-90 ammo is explosive,3-round burst,with a fire-sequence that put the rounds in a triangle-shape if aimed at a chopper and in a diamond shape if against an aircraft.

Viggen was a Vstol-aircraft.Perfect for small roads-and Astfor ;) .

Will Jas pack RBS-15?  Like the french Exoset?

Could you add the Rapier towed missile system?

Our cv90s have 3 fire modes, like the real version. Direct, proximity, and distance. Direct is used for armored targets, and simply hits the target with the shell. Proximity is an airburst mode that is very similar to flak, and used mainly on aircraft. Distance uses the laser pointer on the turret of the cv90 and the shell will explode a certain distance away from the vehicle. This is used to aurburst a shell on soft targets behind a wall or embankment that the shell couldnt normally hit.

Our current weapons for the jas39 are aim9 sidewinder, aim120 amraam, agm65 maverick, gbu12, gbu90 cluster bomb, mk82 dumb bomb, mk82 JDAM, and 14 round rocket pods. The single seat version will also have 120 rounds of 27mm in a fixed cannon.

The rbs15 is not on the list of weapons, and im not sure it would ever be except for eye candy. The reason is because im real life an anti ship missile like that is specially made to punch through huge amounts of armor directly below the waterline to sink the ship. In arma, that is much more difficult to simulate, as ships dont so much sink as just blow up. So in game the rbs would just be a very overpowered huge missile that could flatten a tank collumn. Even the ships that are coming in our mod as well as the drivable-destructable ships that have come out in other mods are small enough to be delt with, with cannons rockets, conventional missiles or bombs.

As mentioned before, the initial loadouts may not feature all of these weapon, more than likely we will have a jas39C AA, Jas39C CAS, and JAS39D CAS.

Also, the grippen is stol as well, can take off from some very small roads, so we will not be using the Viggen.

• Like 2

Not a whole lot going on, I think work and end of the year stuff is catching up with people. But Ill tell you what I can!

From the vehicle side, Ive done another concept pass on the mounted/podded aircraft weapons, and have what I hope will be a solid and final list.

FN RMP (FN Herstal Rocket Machine Gun Pod)
- .50 cal M3P + 3 70mm FFAR Tubes
- used on: AS550

Nextar 20mm Cannon Pod
- used on: AS550

M299 Twin Missile Rack (M310 Quad)
- similar to Apache missile racks (numbers are a little different I think)
- used on: AS550 (M299 Only), Undisclosed Aircraft (M299 and M310)

AGM114K Hellfire
- K only, no aircraft in Astoria are equipped with Longbow radar and other versions have very little actual difference in Arma
- used on: See M299/M310 Missile Rack

AIM9X Sidewinder
- used on: JAS39

Triple Ejector Rack
- large bomb rack that can hold up to three bombs, if aircraft payload allows

Maverick Rail
- single AGM65 rail that must be equipped to hardpoint in order to adapt it for missile launch

Maverick Triple Rail
- triple AGM65 Rail

AGM65D/H/E2L
- Maverick Missile
- D - TV guided (not from nose of missile) - In-game- guided by aim point from aircraft only, like the unlocked TOW missile simulation. Thus the AGM65D can only be used effectively by two crew members in the JAS39D (two seater)
- H - CCD guided (charged coupled device) and uses pre programmed target data to fire and forget seek its target - in-game- missile can be used by one or two operators in either JAS39, simple Arma, lock and fire on an applicable target

- E2L - Laser guided only IRL and in-game. Supports external guidance from another player, in another aircraft or on the ground
- used in: JAS39 (see above)

GBU 31/32/38
- JDAM - GPS Guided or dumb dropped (GPS guidance will NOT be in ASTFOR Alpha 1.0)
- 31 2,000 lbs
- 32 1,000 lbs

- 38 500 lbs
- used on: JAS39 (hardpoint or Triple Ejector Rack)

GBU 10/12/16
- Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb
- 10 2,000 lbs

- 16 1,000 lbs

- 12 500 lbs (no this is not a typo)

- used on: JAS39 (hardpoint or Triple Ejector Rack)

Brimstone Triple Missile Rack

- only way of launching Brimstone Missile. Attaches to hardpoint

Brimstone II Missile

- dual mode, supports laser lock and Arma lock, fire and forget

- used on: JAS39 (must be mounted on Brimstone Triple Rack)

6 Round 13.5cm FFAR Launcher

- these are not Hydra 70 FFAR missiles

- used on: JAS39 (hardpoint only)

13.5cm Rocket

- larger fixed wing FFAR, almost twice the size of a Hydra 70

- used on: See 6 Round 13.5cm FFAR Launcher

FFAR 7 Pod

- pod for Hydra 70 rocket

- type is Lau68, a longer version that supports the APKWS, granting more lethality on smaller platforms

- used on: AS550, undisclosed aircraft

Hydra 70 FFAR M151/M229/M255/M156/M264/M257

- M151- HEDP "10 pounder"

- M229- HEDP Large "17 pounder"

- M255- APERS anti personnel with flachettes

- M156- White Phosphorus smoke

- M264- Red Phosphorus smoke

- M257- Parachute illumination

- used on: See FFAR 7 Pod

APKWS

- Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System

- plug and play laser guided Hydra 70 conversion

- designed to use any Hydra warhead, however, the Astorian military only uses the APKWS with M151, M229, M255, M156, and M264 warheads at the current time

NOW. some of you may be wondering about a cluster bomb mentioned in my previous post about the JAS39, after consulting our Astorian Military representatives, I realized that cluster munitions were recently banned when Astoria, Sweden, and a couple other countries signed an agreement not to use them. Flachettes such as those in the Hydra M255 are not considered cluster munitions because they do not explode.

ALSO, after the completion of the above list, (or at least enough progress for Alpha 1.0 and to make sure I have the hang of 3ds max, which Im still learnding) there will be update Passes to the AS550 and LMV which you have already seen, to ensure better optimization and better quality models. I cant wait!!

ALSO ALSO, as proof that progress on this list is being made, I present to you, progress on the AGM114K. The details you will see are going to creating bump maps, so the actual missile you see in game will look fantastic, without all of the complexity that could hinder performance.

ENJOY
LZHs6rG.png

• Like 4

Hey all, it's been ages and figured might as well just show a few WIP's incase if people aren't following our FB page as well. Nothing too spectacular, just some previews of the radio's we're working on. So as you can see, we're not dead. :p

J5AdhKU.jpg

YsqQXO6.png

• Like 5

For all of you http://imgur.com/ARwdeKx

Our THOR has finnished its journey as a HP in 3ds Max and is now moving to Zbrush.

Also gona update the radios tomorow as john used the first WIP pics and not the sexy new ones.

• Like 4