PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

5 hours ago, Shundrah Soka said:

Hey! so i've been following this mod for probably about a year now, and I must say it looks truly amazing. Using the Galil platform with great textures. as there aren't really any good galils for A3 that isn't A2 textures. Also the CV90 with variants is great! Me being a gunner on a NORAF CV9030NO, Just craves somthing like this.

However me getting to the point. Have you guys taken a look at the Norwegian M/98 Camo pattern, that we wear on our F1, M02 & M04 Uniforms in both woodland and desert camo? Personally I think that looks better than the Estonian camo pattern. Also when I was in Estonia on exericise ''to show Russia, NATO's military might'' we stopped our CV90 in the woods, to pretend that we had ran over an AT mine, and our IFV was disabled. and as we where told to wait for an engineer vehicle. We easily spotted Estonians closing in our position to ambush us being dismounted. So we hit the dirt and spread out away from the CV90 and opened fire with our MP7's at about 150m range, the three of us in the CV90 took out two estionian squads alone. and held back another platoon unitll the other three CV90's in our platoon could arrive. When we spoke to the estonians after the firefight, they said they never even spotted us, and just returned fired in the direction of the gunshots. Now it might be due to lack of spotting traning. But I believe that it was because of our M/98 camo on our M02 uniforms. 

I've also been experimenting with the M/98 camo on Altis and Tanoa etc. and I find the M/98 quite adapting as it, has both green woodland and tree/desert schemes in it.

Back in 2009-2010 when I started ASTFOR with StalkerGB, experimenting:
FpJKDmfl.jpg

Every few weeks or months everyone always ends up suggesting their nation's camo. Norwegian friends and supporters suggest their pattern, a few Finnish guy suggested theirs, we toyed with Swedish awhile ago until we saw the CTRG in A3....and I have 1 Danish friend that keeps requesting Danish Flecktarn. The requests for these patterns tend to take turns throughout our development time. An issue with using the aforementioned patterns is then people confuse us right away for those nations, etc. And with the color of our flag sporting M/98, we might also get confused a tiny bit with Iceland funny enough, because when they were helping out in Afghanistan they also sported Norwegian camo:

MOVXrZhh.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, I personally love m/98. It's a very simple yet very effective pattern, but this swing back around to what I've said a lot to people, even recently--it's pretty much impossible to get a pattern that will not only please everyone, but not get confused with another nation, or is unique, etc, etc, etc. I've tried soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times, and have annoyed the hell out of my team equally every time always testing new patterns. I will give credit to our version of ESTDCU, it works fairly well on Chernarus, Tanoa, etc. So at least it's kind of functional, heheh.

Thanks for being a fan of ASTFOR and following our project, btw! Very much appreciated! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shundrah Soka said:

Hey! so i've been following this mod for probably about a year now, and I must say it looks truly amazing. Using the Galil platform with great textures. as there aren't really any good galils for A3 that isn't A2 textures. Also the CV90 with variants is great! Me being a gunner on a NORAF CV9030NO, Just craves somthing like this.

However me getting to the point. Have you guys taken a look at the Norwegian M/98 Camo pattern, that we wear on our F1, M02 & M04 Uniforms in both woodland and desert camo? Personally I think that looks better than the Estonian camo pattern. Also when I was in Estonia on exericise ''to show Russia, NATO's military might'' we stopped our CV90 in the woods, to pretend that we had ran over an AT mine, and our IFV was disabled. and as we where told to wait for an engineer vehicle. We easily spotted Estonians closing in our position to ambush us being dismounted. So we hit the dirt and spread out away from the CV90 and opened fire with our MP7's at about 150m range, the three of us in the CV90 took out two estionian squads alone. and held back another platoon unitll the other three CV90's in our platoon could arrive. When we spoke to the estonians after the firefight, they said they never even spotted us, and just returned fired in the direction of the gunshots. Now it might be due to lack of spotting traning. But I believe that it was because of our M/98 camo on our M02 uniforms. 

I've also been experimenting with the M/98 camo on Altis and Tanoa etc. and I find the M/98 quite adapting as it, has both green woodland and tree/desert schemes in it.

I will come forward as the Norabo of the team, aka the guy addicted to any form of Norwegian military kit. Not joking from an M04 "office uniform" to a M2000 by cato-ringstad some replicas of M07s and a hk416N and a C8 SFW with a colt canada front folding sight, to cye uniforms from the shades of sand when you might need to intercept some pirates back in golf of Aden MJK style with a Kejo helmet and an LBT to trying to show off harder than PVNOR with an old bear vest for a g3 that doesn't even take 416 mags  so needing a pair in ranger green I got a lot of kit from you guys, dammit I even learned the basic of Norwegian including the 50 shades of horse jokes. With that said you must assume I tried my hardest to make NFM our official contractor for kit in N-Kamo and ofc 416s, etc. But there is a reason why I didn't join the NORAF mod although I still need to send Warden the lp of the c8, dammit. But don´t worry you will see Norway around one of this days and Asteland will be there by your side as bad ass nordic brothers we are and together we shall make CSAT know where Til Valhalla comes from (Hint: not us marines or us armed forces)

• Like 2

Yeah, I fully understand that working with camo for an fictional country's armed forces, with everybody from their native countries wanting their own camo ( like me:P ), can be a pain in the ass. And i'm far from saying that your variant of the ESTDCU looks bad. I think it looks great with all the detail and textures you guys have laid into it. And the fact that you've been experimenting alot with it. ( And the fact of you guys using Norways flag in the Astelandic flag heheh ) I just say go for it! 

I would love to help you guys out, but unfortunately I don't have any real experience with scripting & modding etc. Hell the only thing I can is basic scripting from A2 haha :D 

Also with the icelandic soldiers using norwegian camo patterns is because Iceland don't have an standing combat ready force. therefore Norway supplies them with weapons, gear & equipment etc. For international security missions. that's why they've used the Norwegian desert camos in Afghanistan :D

@tasksoldier121  Yeah you're absolutely right, I've been following the NORAF team alittle aswell, and ''quote'' badass nordic brothers is damn right! haha :D Both mods will just be amazing, and I can't wait to run them together. TIL VALHALL! Ooo-Aaaa!

Btw. Please don't mention the 50 shades of horse joke :D

• Like 2

Lil more progress on the Pasi!

P2R4uzkl.png

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, yokhanan said:

Lil more progress on the Pasi!

As always, you slowly but surely continue to provide quality progress. Well done, sir.

• Like 5

I made a "unique" pattern for fun, maybe you guys would be interested? Or maybe it resembles something, but I'm not sure I've encountered anything exactly like it. Its kind of like a synthesis of most of the patterns of northern countries. First I took a tile of the Norwegian pattern, and kinda splintered it it like the Swedish pattern. I then distorted that and "digitalized" it, and then went though a process of using an overprint and deleting intersections with one of the layers to create the brown color in the pattern, before finally adding some small scattered blotches and then working out the colors, which borrow from the M/98 pattern, M90 pattern, and CATPAT(kind of). But you didn't need any of that description, and you also probably didn't need my pattern either but here it is anyways, a PNG and a PSD with the several layers, no reason in not sharing I suppose since I've got it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8L1rig39wmHMkJFLXVLTlp3djA

DaAbxbR.png

• Like 1

Looking good with the progression, out of curiosity (slap me if I missed it), what versions of the CV90's are you making for the Astorian forces?

• Like 1

@Rossmore its been so long since someone asked about vehicles, im honored to answer this. Though its changed a couple of times, the current versions are set as CV9030s on the MkII chassis. Weve taken some cues from the norwegian cv9030s, and ours will be designated as CV9030AST to meet our specifications. Aside from the standard variant, we are also planning one with a 12.7mm RWS mounted on the main turret. 

• Like 3

That's pretty cool!

We're currently in the process of getting CV9030N's (Pre-2016 - MK.I/II) for our own community, and the vehicle holds a special place in my heart as a former Dragoon. Looking forward to see the progression on your mod, and especially vehicles as it is my kind of niché and the familiarity of it all. Can't recall if I read you had settled on an MBT (or aim to do an MBT for ASTFOR), but I presume that will be a Leopard 1 or 2 Variant?

• Like 4

L2A4 and several variants to be disclosed at a later date :)

• Like 3

Great choice, hope to see ASTFOR alongside some NORFOR in the future ;)

• Like 3

Stupid question, but will you guys be adding gear from different time-periods ('80s, '90s, etc), similar to the RHS mods or SFP mod?

BTW: Really excited for this mod, d00ds! :war:

Was really exciting to find out that you guys are implementing things that are being used in Northern European countries! Was searching for a mod about Estonian army and found this! Great job, looking forward to see more cool stuff! 

• Like 3

On 2017-4-30 at 1:55 AM, Igor Nikolaev said:

Estonian army 

But we aren't Estonians :f:

• Like 3

Just a heads up notification.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we are in need of someone creative enough to come in as a replacement "Lore Guy". We have plenty of documentation and such to get anyone up to speed to help, but willing to consider suggestions and alterations. Military experience not a requirement, but certainly helps a bit. Especially when helping to figure out certain things. Any interested parties in the future can freely write me personally about it.

• Like 7

This looks like a great blend of equipment, and an great way to do a themed faction. 

• Like 3

This project is looking great. I really like the weapon choices you have made. The work in progress shots look awesome!

• Like 4

Since we're talking about camouflage patterns I'd like to suggest the camouflage that exists on the side doors of a TGB20. It's basically a splinter pattern with dots, its quite a rare pattern that barely anyone really thinks about. Would be interesting to see it on a uniform. 

115429.jpg 

Would be quite original and also a mix of quite a few nordic military camouflages. 

• Like 4

Our very own member, Jones, is making one beautiful Pasi for sure. We're all excited to someday be rolling through town in this. :)

• Like 2

Oh god yes. Also digging the new(?) logo.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Oh god yes. Also digging the new(?) logo.

Hah, thanks. Yeah I got bored of the old one, and figured time to refresh things. Just started messing around in Illustrator bored one night and by the end of the week had that and figured, "Why not?" haha. Glad to see someone noticed and is digging it!

• Like 6