PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

that would be good, but remember that to make people believe it actually is a living breathing thing you still have to have some sad act with loads of time on his hands and a sadistic urge to write endless essays  ;)

PPPPPPPPPppppppppppasi!  *jazz hands*

YR4PnLTl.png

Our very own Jones, making much progress on the project lead's favorite vehicle.  <3

• Like 10

What do you think about putting Crotale NG on top of this Pasi?

Didn't saw AA vehicles in plan,so Im just curious,what's it's gonna be like AA Variant of CV90 or Crotale NG or maybe something else(Technical with RBS70 for example  :D )?

AA vehicles are going to be on the Pasi and the M113

EDIT

no wait just checked notes, we wont have AA pasi. sorry if anyone got their hopes up

• Like 1

AA vehicles are going to be on the Pasi and the M113

EDIT

no wait just checked notes, we wont have AA pasi. sorry if anyone got their hopes up

An M113? Oh No.. I had such high expectations of astfor, but an M113? Why would you willingly use an M113?! I know it's Yokhanan's favourite vehicle.. but still. 

• Like 1

An M113? Oh No.. I had such high expectations of astfor, but an M113? Why would you willingly use an M113?! I know it's Yokhanan's favourite vehicle.. but still. 

Yeah I was hoping to break the news to you gently someday, oops! Don't worry we'll make all comfy for you, maybe add a bucket to catch all the tears in the back when Dan places them down in a mission to use, lol. 

Kinda M113 it's just a carrier,which may have lots of AA modules.Just an examples... which one?  :P

m163_vulcan_l1.jpg

1425123677_adats_4ad_cfb_gagetown_02_may

ASRAD-R.jpg

looking at the ASRAD-R (third picture). Uses a missile system we already use, the RBS-70, and is more modular, requires less hull tampering, which will make it faster to build and transfer to other vehicles if we choose to do so.

Yeah I was hoping to break the news to you gently someday, oops! Don't worry we'll make all comfy for you, maybe add a bucket to catch all the tears in the back when Dan places them down in a mission to use, lol. 

Mister Ramsay. I hope you understand you are not alone in your disgust by such bucket of aluminium, but unless you need very specific mission related assets like AA, the chances are you are going with a Pasi.

Mister Ramsay. I hope you understand you are not alone in your disgust by such bucket of aluminium, but unless you need very specific mission related assets like AA, the chances are you are going with a Pasi.

As long as the Pasi gets a nice medic version, I'll be fine. We once had an M113 medic vehicle to "replace" the massive NATO truck, because you can't have that truck with you in combat.. Noo you need something that "protects" you and your patients. And as the group's main medic, I had the "honour" of driving it around and spending time with it. I'd rather sit in an open field than in or behind that tin can on tracks.

Also I'd hoped someone would send out a mean comment, but Jobo got to you before any of you were able to I heard :(

• Like 1

Don't worry I'll give you as much mean comments as you need next co-op, lol. 

Who needs M113,if Sweden have proper variant of APC.Despite Denmark and Norway uses M113,this APC is still better.

Pansarbandvagn_302_Revinge_2015-4.jpg

• Like 1

cause M113 was the most common APC sold during the cold war, so makes sense we have some left over. whereas the Pbv 302 was used by sweden exclusivley.

• Like 2

Despite M113 is the most common APC,during cold war - in Scandinavia quantity of Pbv302 still was higher than M113s.

Kinda Norway and Denmark armies(Primary M113 users) relatively small,compared to Sweden Military.

But the main problem is - most of Pbv302 was scrapped and replaced by CV90,and I personnally don't remember any AA variant of them.While M113 still at service.

the main point is its never been put up for export. so for us going for a realistic feeling army, there are certain constraints that have to be observed.

• Like 4

Well it would be nice I you could have something different. Wasn't that the point of adding the Gallil instead of some m4 variant

the galil has been exported to several nations, and was considered by the swedish army at one point. So with the galil its different but also realistic. 

your second question, no we are part of NATO and take an active role just like Denmark and Norway have, who we are the most related to.

• Like 2

There's a method to my madness. What it is, people still can't figure out--nor even I half the time for that matter, lol. But it works, otherwise we wouldn't still be supported all these many years through thick and thin. I like taking creative license, but there needs to be some legitimacy behind from my perspective it to both justify and make it sound plausible. The Galil's worked since Sweden almost ended up with them back in what, the 80's during trials? In addition to the Galil being generally of the same family tree as the RK series rifles of Finland, so there was enough legitimacy behind my choice of keeping the Galil's and turning them into ffv890's and running with the idea further. 

At the end of the day, everyone and their uncles will have their own ideas for ASTFOR and how they think it should be and look. Some will want more Swedish vehicles than Norwegian, others will want more Norwegian influence, others will suggest more Finnish feel. Even my own team doesn't always agree with my choices at times, but at the end of the day we all understand it's my baby. Even if the community decided, "Eh, not my cup of tea", I guarantee you ASTFOR would not stop production. Sounds slightly harsh, but while truly not meant to be, every mod here has people posting endless personal want's and requests. That's just part of the modding world around here, lol. So the project owners who put all the love, blood, and sweat into it needs to decide the point when it stops being their baby. They start losing that feeling of "That's my baby taking shape!" while trying to ultimately give everyone else what they want or suggest. It's no longer yours. It becomes everyone else's but yours. That's all while also being constantly contacted by people who "praise your work and design choices", but then ask if they can completely throw away everything and have you gut everything just for 1 rifle or vehicle for their clans to use. You appreciate all the support from the community, but also need to find the strength to go--"I appreciate your support and ideas, but.....I think I got it from here, thanks." heh. 

Put it this way, while we appreciate suggestions from the community...at the end of the day, we've already planned out a ton. There's entire reasons, as well as actual written history and lore for our choices that span back literal years and even centuries (thanks to our lore guru, Wildcat, for planning out and actually writing all the individual history, lore, outlines, etc). 

;)

• Like 7

But if anyone is saddened by the Pbv302 not being on our design list, have no disappointment! For there are Swedish mods out there and i presume that they have or will be planning to make one.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply. And with your weapon of choice i like that you have selected the galil as the standard rifle instead of another m4 variant your version of the galil looks relly good. And if you are gonna have some subs i sugest the norwegian ula clas submarine or the swedish södermanland and if you are gonna have som ships i sugest the visby corvete and the fridsjot nasen class frigate but thats just a sugestion is your mod so you decide anyways nice mod looking forward to it keep it up :)   

• Like 1