PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

actually that bit of history was written by me. and also we have already considered the location north of Norway, but it would potentially mean that asteland would be permanently covered in snow, which we don't want

North of Norway and Iceland are not permanently covered in snow. The gulf current keeps them warm. I been in Reykjavik and Hammerfest quite a few times and in the summer it's really warm (t-shirt) and the sun is up 24-7. So remember to put in the islands coordinates in the config up north so the summers have sun all 24 hours and that it's dark 24-7 in the winter :D

I have been 200km north of Hammerfest in the Barents sea a few times too and it's relatively warm and nice in the summer.

A picture from Hammerfest:

3281-2.jpg

And Reykjavik

Reykjavik-Image.jpg

• Like 5

right insert some form of whipping joke here

okay so we have done some good work. task is doing the uniforms but he does not as of yet have any pictures to show off. Jones on the other hand is currently building the Pasi, and has some pictures for you guys to look at.

FP4Ph99.png

shm7vpB.png

E23Z54B.png

YriOtdr.png

as you can see he's done the suspension so far and we have a grey box of the hull. so that's something to look forward to. hope this excites you guys  :)

• Like 7

YAAAY...uhm...i didn´t know that they use leaf springs :blink:

so who's ready for an exciting fun filled WIP report?

we know your all extremely excited for our release which is coming soon. so we have decided to give you this teaser of our secret. we didn't want to tell you guys about this too soon because well we didn't know if astfor would survive. but we had a really long chat today and decided that you guys deserved to see it especially seeing as our first release is coming along according to schedule.

zoN6PFb.jpg?fb

• Like 7

I am so excited for this mod. Good work on the Pasi. Keep doing amazing work and you'll probably be in the ranks of the best mod in arma serie.

• Like 3

Right so who's up for a Sunday WIP not filled with eggplants?

here we go!

and first out of the gate is Roberthammer with his textures he's started placing on Puglife's 890's

screenshot004.pngSecondly we have been receiving help from HorribleGoat who's working on mapping out the 'official' Asteland isles

teaser_01.pngNorthSeas_03.png

He's currently generating a 400x400 terrain that we can use to make maps (30 hours he's been labouring so far)

you can check out his other work here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-dragons

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182915-Lost-Dragons-Total-Modification-Alpha/

Brace for impact next week, we're only gonna be going up from here.

• Like 19

forum_checkup.exe running ...

Missing text found

Initiating procedural text generator ...

"Hello everyone, this is the full and finished family of FFVs, Astelands GI gun"

Generation Complete

Sending box of eggpalnts and rescue team to Jobo Location ...

Finding Jobo ...

Jobo Found

Entities Sent

Stupid computer program attempt terminated, admin message display

"I know you code guys either laughed or facepalmed, but I don`t care I love it this way"

• Like 3

guess what? its the 'Sunday on a Monday' WIP!

Firstly we'd like to welcome HorribleGoat, who has moved from 'outside contractor' so to speak, to now being a fully fledged member of the team bringing varied skills to us. He's put in more effort with the maps and Asteland is taking shape. As can be seen here

Asteland_MiniWIP_01.jpg

apart from that all i can say is look at the guns posted yesterday, and know we are making progress we just don't have any pictures. Although currently we are working on some map stuff (technical jargon escaped me so i'm not gonna look like an idiot and try to repeat it) so wait out for the pictures to come.

• Like 5

It's really great to see the project back on track, it's really my No.1 anticipated project for Arma 3.

A bit Off Topic, but could the Galil fire with a collapsed stock? Because it looks like the Stock would block the Safety lever.

• Like 2

nowt too sure, but hopefully one of the other lads will come to my rescue. but from my limited knowledge of the galil i think the stock folds to the right and the safety is on the left.

Edit: just got word from the others, yeah it can be fired folded. stock folds opposite to the safety, its blocked from folding left by the sling loop.

• Like 2

It's really great to see the project back on track, it's really my No.1 anticipated project for Arma 3.

A bit Off Topic, but could the Galil fire with a collapsed stock? Because it looks like the Stock would block the Safety lever.

Apparently it can fire without much of an issue at all with the stock folded. 

• Like 3

thats the reason for the switch on the opposite side of the lever at the grip.... 

• Like 3

thats the reason for the switch on the opposite side of the lever at the grip.... 

Yes the IWM made that improvement when copying the rk62, because the galil is a refinement of the RK62, which is a refinement of the ak design. All of which was refined to make our FFVs, basically we got a almost perfect gun.

• Like 3

I found this today and it looks amazing! Have you done much work on the CV90? If not, I had planned on having one made, would it be possible to ask for some more sneak peaks?

Great work! Im really looking forward to this mod.

• Like 2

Nah, vehicles haven't been touched save for the Pasi that is being done from the ground up. The cv90's will probably end up being the same way for one of the later release "phases". Unless we can recruit more people to help with the mod project. 

• Like 5

who's ready for an ASTgasum?

time to sunday WIP it like its whipped cream!

okay so task soldier has been working hard and pushed out a literal ton of stuff for me to show off. words lacking to describe  how awesome they are, so i'll just let the pictures talk.

POVI27R.jpg?fb

9NItBq9.jpg?fb

lAAQ4NL.jpg?fb

p9ACA5y.png?fb

8izKh6r.jpg?fb

9PiRAtd.jpg?fb

Team lead has also made a nice advert for our rifle which well....i can stare at for a while....like a few hours...dribbling

AG890K-ADVERT1.png

and as a final little thing to just why the hell not over, goat has made us a concept for our royal guard uniform. its just a concept, A CONCEPT. C O N C E P T (bet someone will still not read that) so like may or may not happen or might completely change. who knows. just remember CONCEPT (that goes for you keyboard warrior in like three weeks time).

HhnKvq6DdGKtybnWux8y7Ft7wBPFeTnQ5Zx6pigf

right well hope you enjoyed, have a good one people

• Like 8

Love the new vest and helmet-very nice. And the Royal Guard uniform..obviously :D Can't wait to fast rope from a chopper wearing that!

What type of plate carrier is it you guys have made?I cant tell from the pic-so many of the modern vests are very similar in looks.

• Like 4

indubitably, i'd feel bad sending our guys out to battle with no where to store their mags  ;)

• Like 3