PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

I hope you find the help for the mod, I do not know much in the way of making content for Arma 3 so I personally cannot help :P  but the stuff you guys have done so far and are planing just looks great. That being said take care of yourself first. Hope it all works out.

• Like 3

Oh man... that´s hard... i wish, i could do anything to help... at the moment i have a lot of time but no skill that could be useful :(

• Like 2

Hey again,

I took a break over the weekend and ended up with some health probs because of this horrid heatwave in my area of NJ so I've not really had much time for anything lately other than rest until today. But I just wanted to take the time to thank the few that have continued to show their support of both myself and my project, as it really meant a tremendous amount to me on a personal level. 

And while things aren't necessarily looking all that great for me and my project at the moment, we did have a few shining sparks that have begun restoring some of my lost hope and heart with continuing forward and fighting to keep ASTFOR alive for you guys (and of course me, hehe). One thing is we might have a new weapons guy to help out with the shelved rifles that were vital to our project and its Alpha release. So that's a big YAY in my book. Especially if we can get our FFV's finalized and ready for the texturing phase.

What are still in dire need of eventually is someone who can handle working on/with vehicle-based modeling. Originally we were going to shoot for having the Patria Pasi for the first vehicle, as its been something I've been dying to have for ASTFOR since its very first start and fell in love with way back with the FDF mod, heheh. I mean rolling around with modern vehicles pimped out with RWCS is fun too, but how I dreamt rolling through enemy territory in a Pasi with a .m2 on top pounding away at OPFOR. But again, with the loss of members, right now it doesn't look like vehicles are going to happen at all this year at this rate--whether for alpha release or not. We also had Iveco LMV's, but I think due to all the variants, the Pasi seemed like more of a "easier" goal to have shot for first than rolling out a few LMV's. 

So overall,

PRO: Looks like for infantry related things right now, we might be able to pick ourselves up eventually and get somewhat back on track with, especially with the rifles again

CON: Still limping and really need eventually help with the vehicle side of modeling in the future, otherwise Astelandic military will be going to the frontlines via taxi and short buses.  :P

Anyways, just wanted to really once more show my appreciation to all those who took the time out of their lives to reach out to me on a personal level. It meant a lot. And for those still waiting to hear back, again apologies. Hopefully my health will get back on track shortly and then we can sit down and have a good "chin wag" properly. ;) 

• Like 8

I'd like to help, but I already laid out my next vehicle for the next months :/

• Like 3

hi guys guess what, the sunday WIP reports are back.

so what have we effectively wipped?

firstly i have gone through and started restructuring the restructured stuff i already restructured. so yeah basically certain units are gonna change and stuff. The reason behind this is it allows us to structure our releases so much easier. So alpha will be all the gear for a squad, then bravo platoons etc.

Task has been working hard and the uniforms are progressing, it looks like we'll be able to start sending you pictures of dress up some point soon.

finally want to say a big thank you to everyone who's offered their help to us after our little situation. this isn't to say we don't still need help, but at least we can breath again.

• Like 2

That could be mentioned before...i really was worried :P

• Like 2

Who's ready to be  whipped?

Its time for the Sunday WIP report!

Firstly we'd like to welcome our newest member and bright young star ThePuglife, who has already made massive progress on our weapons in the short time he's been here (brace for textures in the coming weeks). Task has also been making steady progress with the uniform and after a 4 day battle has finally worked out what was wrong with the strap on the knee pad. The army is currently undergoing a reshuffle in order to make it easier for us to work out what we're doing when, and just make stuff more realistic. Asteland has also moved north and gotten significantly larger (bit like one of my old friends). This is because we realized that being smaller than Latvia and yet having a larger army (around 6 battalions to their 1) was rather unrealistic.

heres some pics of our work

8Q0sWc7.png?1?fb

AEAIt81.png?1?fb

• Like 9

Really nice details and materials. I suppose it's the high polys version ? :)

• Like 1

Really nice details and materials. I suppose it's the high polys version ? :)

Yes, that is right

• Like 2

This looks really good so far. I wish the team the best of luck.

• Like 2

right then time for a good whipping

On this weeks WIP expect thrills, expect hilarity, expect tears, and expect drama.

So firstly with the knee pads that our good friend task has made we can now show you the textures that Mr RobertHammer has applied.

screenshot001.png

screenshot000.png

screenshot001.png

screenshot002.png

So yeah as you can see, its pretty sterling work he has there.

in relation to this Task has been working hard and we are not far off having our entire uniforms up for texturing. here is a picture of his work on the sleeves.

GV0xC6V.png?1?fb

Pug has also been baking away today as you can see with his rifles

pxeGlX4.pngzUUcZdh.pngOLfEfXb.pngCdCZCir.pngb8cO9jB.png

All in all i think we can all safely say that a release is looking more likely than it ever has.

• Like 10

I would like to thank the large amount of eggplants and peppers. Their painfully amazing mood setting capabilities are unheard of.

• Like 4

He's not wearing hockey pads.  :)  In all seriousness though, those are some damn fine looking knee pads and rifles so far. Keep it up.

• Like 1

It´s getting better every time...hopefully the release isn´t far away.

Great work!

• Like 2

Lookin good, but I have always wondered why you went for the Isreali Galil instead of the Finnish RK62/95?

Lookin good, but I have always wondered why you went for the Isreali Galil instead of the Finnish RK62/95?

Reason is simple , we wanted something new and unique for our forces

and read these posts aswell

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/166606-project-astfor-astorian-armed-forces/page-5#entry2629131

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/166606-project-astfor-astorian-armed-forces/page-20#entry3043787

• Like 3

I fully understand and agree on artistic freedom, that is what makes mods like this interesting and unique. I just find it curious to connect that choice to a trial version from Sweden when Finland has the "original". The first Galils were made with finnish equipment as the Galil is more or less a nato version of the RK62.

Then again it do make sense to go nato standard as the other nordic countries do it. So it is kind of a mix that do make sense. But still made me wonder :)

I fully understand and agree on artistic freedom, that is what makes mods like this interesting and unique. I just find it curious to connect that choice to a trial version from Sweden when Finland has the "original". The first Galils were made with finnish equipment as the Galil is more or less a nato version of the RK62.

Well the same could be said about AKs - for a example Serbian Zastava , why use that when the Russian original AKM is near by ? ;)

• Like 3