PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

I will never forget your teams project :)

Yeah, it's kind of hard to forget. Nice to know that the project keeps on.

Or you can use the LCAC that is allready out :) I`ve seen a video of it .The only issues I have seen is that it is Way to Slow and can`t travel on land,but that is soon fixed.Just get permission before you start doing things to it....I`m eager to see this ingame....if you need a Betatester,Im youre guy.

Keep it up!

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Thumbs up on the uniforms! If the boots looks out of this world,maybe we can add a new option to the VA;Change Boots.:p

A "small" request thoug;I would like to hav a CV9040 AA Tank ingame ,there is none at this time. Just make sure the cannon fires like an Autocannon,3ish round /sec.

The Swedish cannon system is EXTREMELY FAST! See if you can`t get rid of the `Magic Radar`too.Replace it with something like the radar

herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXDSKVdEgas

A radar locking on to a fast mover with Autotracking would make these a gamechanger.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Links broken! No pix here anymore! please fix!

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I would definetly use the CV90 separatley ,if I could .will make a most welcome support vehicle for SP!

Workshop will work so that you could easely break it down into "Vehicles" and "Units" and "Campain" and reduce the size quite much.No one wants a nonmodable ,`all or nothing`1ggb file that can`be accessed and the assets can`t be used for other things!!!

Edited by Teddybear1

Wow, thus far the ASTDCP digital pattern seems to be taking the lead. Quite surprised, actually. I know someone in particular who is not going to take m90 losing the race too well, haha. There's probably going to be some of this happening: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrsoijupVn1qziza8.gif :p

I don't like big patterns so it was a choice between Danish and Astorian for me. M90 looks so out of date :D

Hey guys, I was wondering how the project is going, in two months I would imagine you would have many pretty pretty shiny shiny wip's for us :D

Also I have a question, with an addon this large I was wondering if any sort of OPFOR or IND faction would be included. As hilarious as it would be to have a bunch of fictional vikings fighting a bunch of fictional space Iranians, I think I would want a more realistic opponent.

Hey guys, I was wondering how the project is going, in two months I would imagine you would have many pretty pretty shiny shiny wip's for us :D

Also I have a question, with an addon this large I was wondering if any sort of OPFOR or IND faction would be included. As hilarious as it would be to have a bunch of fictional vikings fighting a bunch of fictional space Iranians, I think I would want a more realistic opponent.

I wish that was the case. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of work and very little manpower at the moment. Most people who could help further the project are either tied up in their own projects for the BIS contest, or more interested in all things "omgsuperkooldeltaninjachucknorrissquad" stuff. But hey....to each their own, right?

There's that, but also Summer tends to have a lot of people going on vacation, spending time with family, working endlessly, etc. I'm hoping as we approach the Fall season we've have more time to be more productive. In the meantime, all we can do is crack on with what little manpower and help we have.

Robert is finishing up the "classics" weapon pack which consists of:

Galils (Esti-style Galil SAR's but in the paint scheme of Sweden's mockup cold-weather Galil that was tested ages ago),

old school Negev,

MG3,

M82A1,

P99,

P80 (Norway G17),

G19,

USP Tactical

and TRG-42

Basically the original pack we were field testing back in A2, but some things will have improved models and textures (like the pistols), etc. We'll then test 'em out in-house and see how it goes. Still need Dennis to redo all the sounds of the weapons for Dragonfyre tie-in.

Handed over to Matt (StalkerGB) LJ's infantry models he did up. Hopefully sometime in the fall Matt will get some time away from work to sort things out. Might combine things from our proto-Astorians from A2 with LJ's work and some of Matt's work. We had stuff from astast when he was shortly involved in the project but decided due to the work and such that it's better to scrap it and work with what we have that requires less workload to sort out.

Vehicles still need more work, uv mapping, etc. Pretty much as do the more "future weapons" (i.e. Galil ACE-N, Negev body upgrade, modified Mg3 kit, etc.) So yeah, lots of work for a tiny group of misfits. :p

We also have air assets and naval assets in the works as well.

On a side note, we've lost a member of our team recently unfortunately, so we have need of someone who knows their Scandinavian history and languages to come aboard as sort of an advisor/guide to make sure our facts, figures, geographical location, etc. make sense. I don't want to just blindly pull things from the ol' arse willy nilly, but rather prefer to do things that make sense and seem logically plausible.

So that's about it. Sorry it probably wasn't as positive sounding as many here would want, trust me I feel your pain as project lead. Unfortunately as the saying goes, "sh*t happens". But a good team has to adapt and work around any challenges. And that's what we aim to do. No matter how long it takes. :)

So that's about it. Sorry it probably wasn't as positive sounding as many here would want, trust me I feel your pain as project lead. Unfortunately as the saying goes, "sh*t happens". But a good team has to adapt and work around any challenges. And that's what we aim to do. No matter how long it takes. :)

Don't worry, we (or at least my friends and I) still have faith in the mod and the team, just hearing that you guys are still working on the project is good news :D

This and RHS have been my two most anticipated mods for A3, so I will still be looking forward to it even if the development speed has slowed down a little.

By "Weapon pack" do you mean its gonna be a seperate mod as well? (ie:also released on its own)

And by Robert do you mean Robert hammer?

By "Weapon pack" do you mean its gonna be a seperate mod as well? (ie:also released on its own)

And by Robert do you mean Robert hammer?

Yes, the same RH. :)

As far as a pack on it's own. Not for the moment. We're just getting it sorted to pair with the infantry. But then again at this rate, you never know. We'll see how things go. I want to also look into the HLC thing, as I'd like to really have proper reloading anims for the Galil's as it doesn't look right nor make sense having a MX rifle reload animation for a Galil. :p The Negev can use the Zafir's since it's the same lmg, only it's the upgraded NG7 7.62 variant of the Negev LMG platform. Now the MG3 on the other hand is going to be a tricky one though in terms of reloading anims. Hmm....

Hm, I just happen to be a Swede, so if you need any help with Swedish-related history or language I'm more then happy to help :)

A friendly hello to the whole Astorian Team there.

As i might introduce myself I’m Fabi (aka.Fabian) from the German Arma2/3 Community 3.Jägerkompanie.

I really like the idea of your project and the first impressions raise great expectations.

In focus of your vacant positions, and hiring’s in your team I´d like to invite you for some friendly talks.

You find the contact informations along with our TS3 IP on 3.Jägerkompanie, or otherwise just write a PM.

As we also have a few 3D artists, we would like to exchange some ideas or maybe something more.

To not put you into empty account, as you already explained in your notes. Here are some examples of our works.

As we DO deliver on time ;)

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

With kind regards, [3.JgKp]Fabi.

Edited by Rea3perPr0

I'm kind of surprised that you guys would choose the Bell 412 over the Eurocopter EC-635 as a Troop transport/light CAS craft.

I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors. As always, the community has your back and is waiting patiently.

I'm back from summer, doing what I'm doing. So infantry systems will see a bit of work in the next block of time.

!IMPORTANT NOTICE UPDATE!

[Long-Winded Post Alert]

Hello all. I figured it's time to notify the community and those who support our humble little project on the current situation with Project ASTFOR.

I have decided to officially announce that by February of 2015, if Project ASTFOR cannot gain the community help we need and restructure the team, I will be quitting ASTFOR for good. For those who have enjoyed the idea of our project and supported us thus far and are now thinking, "Well this sucks, I wanted this to happen!" all I can say is—join the club. :icon_wink:

Trust me, this is not an easy decision by any means for me personally. This project has always meant a little more to myself. Being someone who suffers from Muscular Dystrophy and lives his life daily on a very painful and difficult road in life, it's very difficult to find a special outlet to escape into that's positive and gives me some joy. Project ASTFOR has always been just that for me. Something I could just leap into to escape all the endless real life crap and actually be happy for some moments and focus on something positive. And having lost both my uncle unexpectedly as well as my grandmother last year, ASTFOR also helped keep me together for a little while when I felt my world fall apart.

To be honest, I never thought ASTFOR would be anything other than a simple dream that I would casually talk about here or there with friends. But then friends like LordJarhead, RobertHammer, J0nes, and others came along and before I knew it, it wasn't a dream anymore. We were started on the road to make this happen with a lot of excitement and spirit. Unfortunately along the way, people have approached ASTFOR saying many good things and their desire to help make this mod the best it could possibly be, but in the end we only were met by false promises, other projects benefitting other than us, lack of communication, etc. Now I realize any project has it's up's and down's sure. But for being such a tiny team to start with, those down's did a lot more damage and at this rate I don't see much hope for recovery. And those who have stuck around are either just so caught up in real life work that gives them little time for much of anything or just not finding much desire to do work for ArmA 3 anymore (I think a lot of us can admit A3 has challenged our patience many times over at least once or twice, lol).

And so I figured it's about time I come forward in a brutally honest fashion to update those who truly support our mod and let the community know what this project really means to me and about the unfortunate fate this project may see come 2015 if things don't see much change in way of help.

In all sincere honesty, this should have been done ages ago but ASTFOR means too much to me personally, that I kept grasping at any tiny sliver of hope to keep this project going. I never wanted ASTFOR to be yet another failed project with promise come and go like a fart in a whirlwind like so many over the years in our community here. But unfortunately, I don't see anything else happening. With people focused on MANW or major projects like RHS, etc. I don't see much happening in way of community help and restructuring the team. We had a German group offer 3d modeling services, but I see they are in the same boat as us—needing uv mapping help and textures for example.

Whether or not Project ASTFOR's fate is sealed by February of 2015, I can't say for certainty. It looks that way. However there will always be a part of me clinging on to some semblance of hope. But at this rate, it's not looking good. With the team as it is now, no way we can keep afloat let alone stand out from major guys like RHS and others who have massive and amazing teams behind them. I guess come February, we'll all see what happens.

Either way, I want to take this opportunity to thank the community for their love and support this far and sharing in my excitement for a very special project that means more to me than simply just a mod for a video game. And I also thank those from my team like LJ and others who stuck by me this far and who busted their asses hard to try keeping this project going for me, knowing what it meant to me. Here's hoping for 2015, folks. Thank you all, no matter what happens from here on out.

1384723852000-IL-National-Guard.jpg

Keep hold of the resources, I bet you will find the help you need after MANW contest! :)

Take it easy comrade Yokhanan, I have a feeling this will turn around in the future, for the better :p

LOL, thanks Kristian. That actually brightened up my day haha. Yeah, let's hope it does. Project ASTFOR deserves to be out there for the community to enjoy, not end up on the shelf of projects that never was. :)

I agree with Kristian.

MANW has had a huge effect on the community, either we like it or not. Lots of people focused in their project entries and refuse to help others to prevent helping opposite entries or for pure lack of time.

Most of the entries are surrounded with secretism.

But as some say the storm will pass soon, and the sun is gonna shine again in a month. Just keep calm and carry on for a few more weeks and I'm pretty sure community is gonna go back to its non selfish roots.

Edited by MistyRonin
correcting the &$@? auto-correcter

"Selfish" or not, the whole manw thing will be done in 20 something days, after that is probably a good time to re evaluate the current situation of not only this mod but other people who are making mods and having problems with support etc.

But yeah I agree, once MANW is done I am sure that we will end up with some great mods and also some modders who are done with their work, and hopefully will be willing to help you.

Good luck.

I'm sorry I couldn't help out more. But yeah, MANW is over soon. Maybe then everyone can free up.

I know I've still got stuff ready for ASTFOR. Maybe not much, but it's a start.

[...]We had a German group offer 3d modeling services, but I see they are in the same boat as us—needing uv mapping help and textures for example. [...]

sorry to hear that. catch me on skype soon regarding uvs though

sorry to hear that. catch me on skype soon regarding uvs though

Cheers mate, will do. :)

Please contact me at ARMSCor.Mod(a)gmail.com so we can see if we/I can help you guys out. I worked very hard on setting up a system where it takes me a hell of a long time to do the first vehicle but then after that it's a simple copy and paste for the next 20. Maybe I can help you guys out. I see you have the Gripen, NH90, Galil, Carl Gustav and Leopard 2A5 on your list. These are all vehicle that ARMSCor is interested in. I also note that you say: "because we wanted to take a bit of creative license with our project", maybe the Astorian Armed Forces could use some South African build, but re-skinned equipment?

Actually its really sad seeing this giant community producing so many cool mods and addons for the game, but seriously no one seems to be kind or helpful enough to help us out with this. Maybe the idea does not fit into most peoples "US ULTRA SUPER DUPER MARINES NAVY PATRIOTISM" crap we've seen million times already. Astfor, this is something complete new and special, a whole new idea, bringing some fresh air into the setting of ArmA3, but no one seems to be interested in helping. I mean, is it the size of the mod that deter most people? Is it the job itself, that UV mapping is a shit load of work? Certainly I dont understand how multiple mod groups get together and produce awesome stuff (RH Studios) but we can't seem to find anyone REALLY helping us out and NOT making endless, useless empty promises! Sry to say it that harsh, but over the last year, I've experienced so much bullshit... seriously...

Just saying, we are not even able to get ONE friggin rifle ingame. And no one seems to be really interested to join our team and produce something special with us. Its sad. If anything would be so easy to learn as making sounds, I would've done so much more for you, John! I would've really enjoyed getting the things together and ingame for you, so that your WISH comes true! To finally have this one unique mod, YOUR mod, that you always wanted to realize! I hope we will get there my friend! I miss you being happy :(

Sry for my outrage...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead