Sign in to follow this  
nightshift

open Helikopter doors?

In alpha vor beta i was able to open the Helicopter doors i.e. ghosthawks with mouse wheele button...since final this isnt possible anymore or whats i am doing wrong?

It's possible with scripts, the animations and commands are still there, but "hidden".

On some models I believe there were clipping and model issues, and beyond that I suspect that whole opening/closing doors syncing (or not for that matter) with get in and out may caused them to opt to remove the feature. It can be added again via scripts, the animations are still in the models, just not the actions.

looks nice but does not make sense,if you can enter through closed doors anyway

If we can just get out of helicopters with the doors closed, is there a point to having the doors open? It seems like passengers would just get shot out more often...

They are not yet finished with the vehicle door implementation. From my understanding, it will work as such:

• You will be able to open doors through the action menu

• When you press "Get Out / In", the door will open briefly and you will get out or in, then it will automatically close.

• If / when BI implements shooting from vehicles, you can shoot out of the door or mount an MG to the opening via the "attachTo"

This is going to look badass when the door of an IFV opens up and people start running out the door :D

You can put the following in the init of a vehicle, or replace "THIS" with the vehicle name and stick it in a sqf or something:

Example for GhostHawk

THIS animateDoor ["door_L",1];

THIS animateDoor ["door_R",1];

syntax = vehicle animateDoor ["DoorName",(0/1 for open/close),(true/false for instant or not.. optional)];

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/animateDoor

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doorPhase