Sign in to follow this  
Magirot

Getting a server to the Steam server browser?

"response": {
	"success": true,
	"servers": [
		{
			"addr": "OurRootserberIP:10522",
			"gmsindex": 65534,
			"appid": 107410,
			"gamedir": "Arma3",
			"region": -1,
			"secure": false,
			"lan": false,
			"gameport": 2314,
			"specport": 0
		},

]

}
}

Are you sure that's the correct server - i.e. the one you've started?

Its gameport is 2314 (not the 2302 as in your startup line) and its steamQueryPort is 10522.

Are you sure that's the correct server - i.e. the one you've started?

Its gameport is 2314 (not the 2302 as in your startup line) and its steamQueryPort is 10522.

yeah, I am sure. The server given in the result is the only one that we run at the moment. I have direct root access to our root server and can start and stop them as I wish.

But the query port thing wonders me as well as the gameport. I am using the correct ports in the cfg file and the .bat file...see below. Additionally according to gameport, I dont have set 3214 anywhere but it always shows is as soon as we start the server.

//
// ArmA 3 Server Config
//

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "[sIM] ARMA SIM - COOP";				// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "ourAccessPassword";								// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "ourAdminPassword";					// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";		// This is the default setting. If you change this, your server 
logFile = "arma3_console.log";

steamPort = 8766;
steamQueryPort = 27016;

according to steamport and steamqueryport...I also used 3200 and 3201 which both didnt worked out as well.

we run e.g.

Steamport: 2330

Steamqueryport: 2331

Port: 2332

next server:

Steamport: 2340

Steamqueryport: 2341

Port: 2342

With reportingip gamespy it works perfectly, without reportingip its invisible.

I am experiencing that the Server window always says port 2314 although I didn´t defined it anywhere. Does anybody know why this is?

Edited by MemphisBelle

I am triyng and trying, but nothings helps...but I am experiencing that the Server window always says port 2314 although I didn´t defined it anywhere. Does anybody know why this is?

happened to me when I accidentally started multiple servers on the same gameport (2302) - the 2nd one started automatically switched its gameport to 2314

use

netstat -ab

or a tool as TCPView (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx) to check what's listening on local port 2302

We need a working solution. Arma3 wiki still work with gamespy reporting, useless.

@Dwarden: Can you make sure the wiki starts getting updated with the practical things like the changes regarding servers and the gamespy closure on the wiki? In fact can you try and say to all the people at BIS in general and tell them the wiki really needs some LOVE.

I've updated the arma 3 server cfg and wiki with the STEAM ports long time ago

the only other change is that reverse NAT cease to work,so port opening/forwarding is must

So why it wont work for steam then? I opened all ports regarding the wiki and it dont show up in the gamebrowser. with gamespy it works. So.. HOW can i fix this?

Btw. with this steam ports we also work for a very long time, arma2 where already working with it.

@Dwarden: Can you make sure the wiki starts getting updated with the practical things like the changes regarding servers and the gamespy closure on the wiki? In fact can you try and say to all the people at BIS in general and tell them the wiki really needs some LOVE.

There is nothing to stop you editing the wiki yourself m8.

It was myself that created the A3 dedicated server wiki page. Anyone can edit/ add content to the BiKi, you just need to log in. Its a community resource.

Same over here, server is listed in Steam > Servers (but thanks that the connect to server yxz/join player yxz isn't working - useless) ingame the server didn't show up @steam but on gamespy.

Hello,

for me i can say, the Steam browser is veeeeeeery slow. i tried to find my server in Arma3/Steam i thought it won´t work. but after 2-3 Minutes my server was listed there.

My server shows up instantly after the server console outputs "Host identity created", but filtering it in the ingame server browser takes about 20 seconds or so like with all other servers.

i suggest to use steam client server browser, it's faster than ingame

beware there is known bug on the passworded server join from the steamclient, will be fixed next hotfix/patch/dev/perf

Dwarden: Agreed, it is faster but there's no proper filter functionality for server names imho.

It is nice to see that progress is being made however, cudoz :)

with the stable patch from today is works flawless, even connect out of game works via steam server browser/join friend. good job!

I can't see my server no more. In game or via client is the same.

I can't see my server no more. In game or via client is the same.

Did you check steps as mentioned in this post? It did help me to get the server to show up in the steam client and in-game.

So, now we still have some invisible servers or with gamespy reporting it shows after 20 sec. BUT the harder problem we have since the newest 1.22 patch that players can randomly not CONNECT anymore. They get the connect loading screen (befor comming to the lobby of the server, with this soft textures in the background) that normally only show 2-10 sec, but players get this screen endless. This happen from about 10ppl on the server and gets worse the more players are on the server. We had some players that had lost connection or needed to take a new slot, they disconnected but even them couldnt even rejoin.

server was on 50FPS, mission was played many times bevor, root server with enough bandwith, tried with mods or with CBA&TFR. Ping was good (normal).

So, now we still have some invisible servers or with gamespy reporting it shows after 20 sec. BUT the harder problem we have since the newest 1.22 patch that players can randomly not CONNECT anymore. They get the connect loading screen (befor comming to the lobby of the server, with this soft textures in the background) that normally only show 2-10 sec, but players get this screen endless. This happen from about 10ppl on the server and gets worse the more players are on the server. We had some players that had lost connection or needed to take a new slot, they disconnected but even them couldnt even rejoin.

server was on 50FPS, mission was played many times bevor, root server with enough bandwith, tried with mods or with CBA&TFR. Ping was good (normal).

Are they using squad.xml tag? If they are, try without squadxml url in profile.

I remember there was an old bug which was causing connecting issues when using squad.xml tags, it should be fixed by now tho but worth of try.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15232

Yes we are using them since years, never had problems with that. And we are talking about 20ppl, no password, different sources where the squad.xml is loaded (3 clans).

so, gamespy shutting down has created a problem for me that it doesn't appear anyone else has. my server shows up on the steam list, but connecting to it yields a ''connecting failed" message. when I type my public ip via remote connection, nothing shows up. when I type my local IP, it shows up and I can connect without issue. my friends can't connect through the steam list, remote or through the ''join game'' steam function. connecting my PC directly to my modem negates this problem, but this is not a viable fix for me.

I've tried:

forwarding every possible port you can imagine

disabling firewall completely

installing and using the steamcmd version of the server

running just the vanilla server.exe with no config or password or anything

running the server as admin

adding the steam ports to the serverconfig

how are we able to set the region that the server is located?

with the steam api result it is showing:

{
"response": {
	"success": true,
	"servers": [
		{
			"addr": "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2303",
			"gmsindex": 65534,
			"appid": 107410,
			"gamedir": "Arma3",
			[font=Arial Black]"region": -1,[/font]
			"secure": false,
			"lan": false,
			"gameport": 2302,
			"specport": 0
		}
	]

}
}

having already set (in the server's basic.cfg):

serverLongitude=0;

serverLatitude=52;

serverLongitudeAuto=0;

serverLatitudeAuto=52;

yet no region is showing up. Anyway to manually set this? also does this effect server taking so long to appear in the in-game browser?

Edit:

Also further questioning:

the lines in the server.cfg wiki have:

steamPort = <number>;

steamQueryPort = <number>;

Are these now both depreciated or is it only the steamQueryPort that is locked to Server's Main port +1 (eg. Game 2302, Steamqueryport 2303). Has the steamPort been port set to Gameport + 2 (eg 2304)?

Edited by rhyswilliams999

My home server still does not show via steam. with the latest update 1.22.125469

Forwarded ports for my router are :-

UDP 2300-2305

UDP 8766

UDP 27016

Firewalls disabled for testing. and still doesn't show.

Wont show via remote either only way to find it is via LAN which is pointless when testing MP functionality.

Similar situation for our Community Game server.

Will show via remote but

Wont show via ingame browser or if it does it takes 20mins to show up.

i found this

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489240

someone knows if you can set somehow/where the "region" parameter in arma3 ?

It's unnecessary atm but just sayin ...

These 20sec. after hitting "Refresh" (CLientside) are really annoying, I was troubleshooting the last 2 hours switching immediately out of the game XD

And no erros were found, and no error were present ... lmao

gratz

I tried adding

sv_region = "3";

or

sv_region = 3;

to my server's config.cfg but no luck, the region still shows as -1 :(