Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

Hitman | Contract Killer

Hitman | Contract Killer

Hitman Contract killer is an open-world assassin simulator. You must locate and terminate your targets. This can be done however you see fit. On the other hand, killing the wrong people will result in you becoming an enemy to all factions until you successfully complete your next contract.

Hitman | Contract Killer Features : v0.4

- Customise your uniform and weapon at start of mission

- Altis is alive. All the towns are populated with civilians and war-zones are erupting across the land

- Semi-randomised contracts.

- Capture your target alive and interrogate for more rewards

- Hide from enemies by changing clothes!

- Repair vehicles at the cost of your score

- Be patient. Other people seeing you shoot will alert the police.

- Beware, mercenaries know you are in Altis.

- One life. When you are killed it's game over.

Download v0.4 Here

ArmAholic Link

Steam Subscribe here

Previous builds

Download v0.3 Here

Download v0.2 here

Download v0.1 here

Changelog

Version 0.4

- Simple patrol script updated to handler road positions

- Holster gun script now saves attachments (Silencers)

- Resolved #fffff error

- Fired near handler is the same for all units

- Added 2 police checkpoints in each town. Each checkpoint has one patrol group

- NATO forces now shoot towards mercenaries

- Decreased mercenarie accuracy

- Mercenaries are sometimes called on after completing contracts

- When leaving area mercenaries have a 50% chance of following player

- Shoot target in the leg to incapacitate them and enable interrogation.

- Interrogated targets increase the reward by 5 score

- Player becomes wanted when spotted by 2 or more civilians firing.

- Increased chance of gaining reward weapon in loot

- Added phonecall mechanic. Player can now choose their target

version 0.3

- Updated gear menu. Player is now given weapons after gear selection is complete

- Addaction costs are easily changed using new variables in assassin init

- Repairing vehicles now 'flips' them too

- Changing uniforms changes player side to match uniform.

- Targets "firednear" EV is only removed when the player is the shooter

- Added action to restore dialogs

- EOS and COS now wait for each other to finish before spawning (Should reduce lag in populated areas)

- Added holster sidearm script

- Approaching target with weapon drawn will cause them to spot you.

- Targets now fight back when they have spotted you.

- Added new bios and coversations

- Removed obvious hats/glasses from targets to increase challange

- If player is spotted killing unit then take clothes action will only work after 30 seconds.

- Shooting target when no one sees is rewarded with re-set wanted level.

- Added soundtracks. Themes and wanted soundtracks.

- Mercenaries will sometimes hunt player.

- Added tooltips

- Killed targets now drop loot

- Removed all weapons/magazines from soldiers when killed.

Version 0.2

Customise starting uniform and weapon

Score can be spent on repairing vehicles and losing wanted level (Take clothes addaction)

Units face player and stand still during conversations

Independent faction patrols towns too (As police)

If target becomes aware that the player is a hitman then the player is classed as an enemy by everyone

Improved AI patrol

Range variable now effects warzone targets

Added new conversation options

Players information is shown by default

Version 0.1

- Original release

Edited by BangaBob
  • Like 1

Played this mission earlier ... very nice indeed. One comment about the hits in enemy territory however. When I killed the 'mark' in full view of some buddies they continued with their patrol and didn't try to engage me. Also is there meant to be a war going on inside those zone - didn't see a lot of fighting.

Hi BangaBob,

I only briefly played it, just a question on targets, if intel tells me the location is in Gilati (think that's the name of town) then I simply go to that town and ask people for their names until I find him? Or camp out until I see him?

Also is this supposed to be played MP/SP I guessing MP?

And as some general feed back it would be nice to be able to store weapons in the vehicle and not have to carry rifle around also the ability to change out of gillie suit, the point being I don't feel so much like cold calculating contract killer walking through town with sniper rifle and gillie suit :D

Could there also be some other objective types in the future like "destroy"

Really liking the concept :)

Played this mission earlier ... very nice indeed. One comment about the hits in enemy territory however. When I killed the 'mark' in full view of some buddies they continued with their patrol and didn't try to engage me. Also is there meant to be a war going on inside those zone - didn't see a lot of fighting.

Yeah the patrols won't target you until you kill civilians. But I will see what I can do.

Strange, In my experience the warzones are a hectic battlefields :/

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Hi BangaBob,

I only briefly played it, just a question on targets, if intel tells me the location is in Gilati (think that's the name of town) then I simply go to that town and ask people for their names until I find him? Or camp out until I see him?

Also is this supposed to be played MP/SP I guessing MP?

And as some general feed back it would be nice to be able to store weapons in the vehicle and not have to carry rifle around also the ability to change out of gillie suit, the point being I don't feel so much like cold calculating contract killer walking through town with sniper rifle and gillie suit :D

Could there also be some other objective types in the future like "destroy"

Really liking the concept :)

Some good ideas. This is only going to be singleplayer.

Right now in v0.1 the characters are just editor placed units.

I intend to add some basic customisation to the characters at the start of the mission. But scavenging fit new equipment off dead soldiers is intentional.

Is it not possible to store weapons in vehicles by default?

1. After a reload the Ins/End keys don't work anymore.

2. I vaguely remember from the mugshot that the target looks like a civilian in a cyan tee-shirt and yellow (or was it red?) cap. I get to the designated location and see, among a few civilian bodies lying around thanks to the inept AI drivers, about a dozen people walking around, and 3 guys in cyan t-shirts and red cap, and 2 with a yellow cap. I shouldn't have that much of a choice of targets imho.

3. I am supposed to try and remain neutral, but then am also supposed to scavenge ammo from soldiers, so which is it? :)

3. I am supposed to try and remain neutral, but then am also supposed to scavenge ammo from soldiers, so which is it? :)

Whichever you like. :) . You can find dead soldiers and scavenge

Whichever you like. :) . You can find dead soldiers and scavenge

Oh yes I forgot, if AI drivers run over soldier as often as they run over civilians, there should be plenty of ammo everywhere :).

Version 0.2 release (22/04/2014)

In this update i focused on making the mission more challenging in a natural way.

For example, if the target is alerted and knows you are trying to kill him, he will target you AND you will become 'wanted' by everybody.

I have added options to steal clothes at the cost of your score. This will reset your wanted level.

In addition, vehicles can be repaired at the cost of score. A fair trade off IMO.

I have also focused on immersion.

One of the main complaints i had was the lack of gear customisation. Therefore i have added a brand new gear selection screen. Civilian clothes and silenced pistols are available. Nothing overpowered and silly.

Furthermore civilians now react to your actions. Ask them a question and they will face you and remain still for a few seconds. Its not elder scrolls but it will do.

See full changelog below:

Customise starting uniform and weapon

Score can be spent on repairing vehicles and losing wanted level (Take clothes addaction)

Units face player and stand still during conversations

Independent faction patrols towns too (As police)

If target becomes aware that the player is a hitman then the player is classed as an enemy by everyone

Improved AI patrol

Range variable now effects warzone targets

Added new conversation options

Players information is shown by default

Score can be spent on repairing vehicles

I will find that very useful :D

Thanks for the update!

Hey BB,

Wow these changes look like real winners. Many thanks. I especially like the 'mark' alertedness. Now if only we had it as a coop (where ocassionally one hitman will have to take out the other!) .... no pressure however, as the gamemode is awesome already. Something for the backburner perhaps?

Now if only we had it as a coop (where ocassionally one hitman will have to take out the other!) .... no pressure however, as the gamemode is awesome already. Something for the backburner perhaps?

Good idea. However this is going to remain SP. (Far too much work to translate into dedicated compatible).

On the other hand AI hitmen are going to be included. And you don't want to be on their bad side ;)

Just curious, why would i become an enemy to everyone if i kill some unsavoury arms dealer? could it somehow trigger the 'AI hitmen' instead or something... so that there might be a price on your head if its known you killed someone, maybe you can remove the price on your head by paying a certain amount from your score.

-What do you think about removing players enemy status if new vehicle acquired?

-Is it too cheesy to have a friendly status bar ala GTA :D

Bug report. After you reload or resume your game after being killed or quit the game, both the player info and photo Id of your hit disappears. The player info doesn't bug me, but it's kinda essential to know who to whack so you don't kill innocent bystanders...

Bug report. After you reload or resume your game after being killed or quit the game, both the player info and photo Id of your hit disappears. The player info doesn't bug me, but it's kinda essential to know who to whack so you don't kill innocent bystanders...

Thanks for letting me know. I will try and resolve this bug in 0.3

Thanks for letting me know. I will try and resolve this bug in 0.3

Excellent news :-)

Other than that, an excellent made scenario that will probably keep me preoccupied for quite a while yet ;-)

I've also discovered that if you revert back just before killing a target and the Id picture doesn't come up, the next targets Id photo appears once you whack him but the mapmarker for your next target doesn't show on the map...

Edited by Lt_Phoenix
Additional bugs

Good mission

But Weather script too brutal changes ex. rain

Skiptime same thing ex. clouds

Too much stutter near battle zone (spawns)

That break immersion.

Hey BB,

Really enjoyed your mission.

May I suggest a few suggestions. Hopefully to encourage you, not put you off.

In no particular order of preference or priority.

You start off as status Green. Dependant on your activities, your status changes. to Yellow or Red. Yellow meaning avoid all close encounters with military or police, and red meaning military will hunt you down, unless you get 500m away.

When seeking out a target have them sitting in a chair etc i.e. at a cafe, or in a house, or perhaps have them driving a vehicle etc, instead of just wandering around. In other words a little more difficult to find the target.

When they are assassinated you have to hide the body. Make it that the assassination has to have no witnesses at least within a certain distance and if so, the weapon MUST be silenced.

Have the target cycle a waypoint path that lets them be alone so you can assassinate them when no-one's around. If the assassination is witnessed then you have to assassinate the witness too, and hide their body.

Again with the 5 - 10m distance. If not your status becomes yellow, and if you pass a military unit within the next 10 minutes, your status becomes red.

And perhaps the biggest thing, NO wepaons at the start. I have to find a way to assassinate the target as my first induction. i.e. run him over, get him to walk in front of a vehicle etc.

When the target is down, let me only retrieve a pistol/ammo/silencer/healthpack/armour etc. i.e. Don't give me the goods all at once.

Let me build up my weapons ammo armour etc, buy buying them from money I get from assassinations from a dealer, or my handler.

In fact, how about I only get new contracts when I return specific booty looted from my target, i.e. evidence, photo's briefcase, tin of beans with finger print etc. For example a beeper that lets me know when I'm near the target.

Let the player start with nothing and build his loadouts and wares from his accomplishments/lootings/etc. How about random buried treasure from a target. You get the incriminating evidence, but randomly find a map to hidden loot.

Be that ammo, armour, attachments etc.. with a time limit to get there before the loot expires.

Can I say that while there's nothing wrong with having military zones etc, these need to be Much more dangerous. The player must be a target to once faction or the other if he enters them. For example, colour code them.

These area's have to be dangerous, hence the risk to loot better weapons. And if the player walks past military patrol while holding a banned weapon he immediately is considered suspicious, and has to lose his yellow status before

it becomes red, and he's wanted.

Let the player use stealth to take out high risk targets in these areas. And forget about stealing arms from dead Military units that's a no no. When they die, their weapons disappear. I need a reward for my efforts after all therefore give me a reason to be stealthy, and let me take time and effort to build up my weapons/armour/bullets/medikits/stealth/persuasion/coercion abilities etc.

The more kills I get the better my persuasion/coercion skills become so people will help me because I reward them, or answer me because they fear me.

Hope my suggestions don't sound too complex, but let me know what you think.

Just offering few suggestions (with fingers crossed) :o

Edited by Beerkan

Some ideas that may have been addressed already.

Silenced weapons not drawing attention to the kill, but non-silenced causing panic (especially amongst civs). If a non-suppressed weapon is used and the hitman is >50m then there is a possibility of a civ picking up their weapon (if the victim had one) and using it against you :) Having the ability to 'hide' or 'drag' a body out of sight to avoid enemies attacking you.

Version 0.3 release

I read everyone's feedback from v0.2 and the consensus was that 'AI is stupid' and 'It's too easy to complete contracts'.

In v0.3 i overhauled the AI behaviors so stealth and patience is rewarded.

To remain undetected the player must holster their weapon. Civilians will not answer your questions while you are showing firearms.

To prevent getting a wanted level after killing your target you must ensure that no civilians are nearby.

In addition successful contracts will drop loot. (Silencers, scopes, magazines). This is to add a sense of achievement and a simple progression system. (Dead soldiers no longer hold weapons and ammo)

I aim to improve the progression system in future.

Furthermore, i felt that the change clothes action in 0.2 was a little overpowered. To address my concern, players that are spotted shooting anyone will have to wait 30 seconds before they are allowed to swap clothes.

In addition swapping clothes with a NATO unit will set the player side as WEST and CSAT will set the player side as EAST. Therefore making the type of clothes you take a strategic decision... not just a get out of jail free card.

Finally i have added some new features.

Mercenaries will start hunting the player at random times during the mission.

The mercenaries will be targeted as enemies by NATO forces (Town police too). Thus rewarding patience and smart play.

To balance this CSAT forces (East) will target the player while mercenaries are in action.

The only way to remove the mercenaries is too kill them all OR swap uniforms with a CSAT unit.

Another new feature is the dynamic music system. To build atmosphere music will play during the mission. When the player is 'wanted' or hunted by mercenaries the music will change to suit the mood ;) .

To address the bug of the dialogs disappearing after reloading from a save game i have added a addaction that will restart the dialogs.

Full changelog

- Updated gear menu. Player is now given weapons after gear selection is complete

- Addaction costs are easily changed using new variables in assassin init

- Repairing vehicles now 'flips' them too

- Changing uniforms changes player side to match uniform.

- Targets "firednear" EV is only removed when the player is the shooter

- Added action to restore dialogs

- EOS and COS now wait for each other to finish before spawning (Should reduce lag in populated areas)

- Added holster sidearm script

- Approaching target with weapon drawn will cause them to spot you.

- Targets now fight back when they have spotted you.

- Added new bios and coversations

- Removed obvious hats/glasses from targets to increase challange

- If player is spotted killing unit then take clothes action will only work after 30 seconds.

- Shooting target when no one sees is rewarded with re-set wanted level.

- Added soundtracks. Themes and wanted soundtracks.

- Mercenaries will sometimes hunt player.

- Added tooltips

- Killed targets now drop loot

- Removed all weapons/magazines from soldiers when killed.

I REALLY like the whole idea in this mission

Unfortunately the "Holster" action dissapears items equipped on weapon (eg Suppressors)

Still after so much years no proper "Holster" support (*shame on you BIS)

Anyway is there a workaround?

Maybe the "Holster action" can really put the gun in players inventory? (Clothes/backpack)

and just recall it by it's classname? (pistols -and their classnames- hopefully or no are limited).

Also the Mercenaries seems to magically know your position every time.

I really would like to see:

*No need to press "continue" after each Hint

*Stationed guards (as police) in every town

*Player speed checks (Faster speed makes you more *suspicious)

*A different system when you must meet an NPC client to take a job (random point on map everytime)

or..by a Cellphone (scripted call) where you can accept or deny a mission.

*Some targets can be accompanied by armored guards (hence higher difficulty->higher money)

*Different reward system (only money)

You can buy what you need from an NPC (black market) in ridiculously high prices.

*Crate creation

Find a house that suits your needs and make it your safehouse. (Store guns clothes etc)

*Survival elements

Eat/Drink/Sleep

=================

I know i m asking of too much work..but you can't deny the beauty of it heh? :)

Edited by GiorgyGR