Sign in to follow this  
Juhansson

Cant move in arma 3 buldozer in terrainbuilder

I cant move in buldozer view in terrainbuilder. Cant rotate camera. Cant move. Only buttons that do anything at all are right and left mousebuttons that toggle the mode thing. And f1 opens the buggiest menu i've ever seen. All controls are set to preset in arma 3. Worked fine two days ago. All help much appriciated.

Happy easter folks !

Same issue here, I do remember finding some command line parameter though that I think fixed the issue but can't find the link any more. Anyone? Can't use the mouse and end up having to use Cntl.AltDel

A few days ago I noticed I had a similar issues with some of the Buldozer controls not working when launching Buldozer from Object Builder.

I found that the problems seemed to be due to the fact that the files in the P:\Core folder had somehow ended up generating their own subfolder and moving their file path to P:\Core\Core instead (my P:\Bin folder got jacked up in the same way creating a P:\Bin\Bin folder). I have no idea how it happened, since I definitely didn't move any of those folders around myself in the past couple of days, but perhaps something went awry during a tools update or something).

Anyhow, might want to check those two folders on your P:\ drives yourselves and see if that's causing the trouble. I just cut and pasted the files out of this duplicated subfolder, back one level up in the directory to P:\Core again, and it fixed the controls problem for me.

I tried to reinstall the tools and that didnt help. Then for some reason I looked up launch parameters of buldozer in terrain builder settings and removed all but "-buldozer -window" and after that buldozer controls worked again. Could've been something else I did that solved the issue though im not entirely sure.

just to reinterate on this, I did the same thing and removed everything except buldozer -window in the launch params and I got the controls working aswell.

Greetings,

even tho this is old post i'm going to post my solution:

I solved this riddle by putting -name=nameOfYourProfile to startup parameters of Buldozer.

Now mine Terrain Builder settings look like this:

.exe file path: P:\buldozer.exe

Launch parameters: -buldozer -window -cfg=p:\buldozer.cfg -name=Pfc. Roys

Data Directory: P:\

Everything works just fine. Cheers!

This hasn't worked for me :( i'm at the end of my tether any new ideas would be warmly welcomed.  Left mouse button when pressed changes normal mode to select mode, the F2 button zooms in out, F1 button bring up a UI interface without text....

:banghead:  

Tools\Preferences\buldozer\Launch parameters -buldozer -window -cfg=p:\buldozer.cfg -name=Taumargin

This hasn't worked for me :( i'm at the end of my tether any new ideas would be warmly welcomed.  Left mouse button when pressed changes normal mode to select mode, the F2 button zooms in out, F1 button bring up a UI interface without text....

:banghead:  

Tools\Preferences\buldozer\Launch parameters -buldozer -window -cfg=p:\buldozer.cfg -name=Taumargin

That's The same as me. I had this Problem about 2 weeks ago and used the command line and that fixed it but as of a day or so ago I also can't move. I have re-installed Buldozer, Re-made the Buldozer Configs, Changed Profiles And Obviously restarted Comp) Still no luck. All ideas greatly appreciated!

*EDIT* I re-installed Arma 3 Tools, and P.Drive etc.. Then When i opened My Map Project I could move everything worked but had no textures, I fixed that by Using the buldozer.exe in my P.Drive rather than Arma 3 Directory, However NOW all texture work but I can't move again.... :( ?

Update:  Yessssssssssssssssssssss fixed it at last.  Thanks to bushlurker's guide: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/118907-bushs-geotypical-microterrains-source-files-beginners-guide/ 

Making a terrain in Arma 3 as a beginner is stupendous.  I hope one day I can share my map, but I fear Arma 4 may be around when I do.   :P  

ps Thank you bushlurker  :627:  :627:  :627:  :beeeers: and   :dancehead: <<me

Has anyone found a fix for this? I've already cleanly reinstalled Arma 3 Tools, and controls don't work in Buldozer when launched by Terrain Builder.

Also, when I click on BuldozerConfiguration I get this error.

I love Arma but sometimes, really.

This worked for me 

head to tools > Preferences >Performance >bulldozer  add this line of code to Launch parameters -buldozer -name=Buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -disableSteam -noAsserts -cfg=p:\buldozer.cfg