Sign in to follow this  
dr. hladik

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 116523 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

Does anyone know how to set up a dedicated server?

Just install the ArmA2OA beta patch using steam and you're sorted.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Steam: Previous betas are now also available. See Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta -> properties -> Betas

Both of these betas (and the latest one) has the bug introduced in 104648. ( https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74473 )

Seems to be an issue with multiplayer synchronization of object deletion.

Until this bug is fixed 103718 is the last beta that is actually usable in MP environments, and sadly it's not available via steam any more.

PS: Please include the bugfix for the setVariable bug the DayZ SA team found for 1.63 final, as it had a huge effect on server performance.

Just install the ArmA2OA beta patch using steam and you're sorted.

Sounds good, and thank you for the fast response. Just a few more questions.

• Firstly, will the dedicated server automatically register itself in Steam's server browser?
  • Does Steam need to be running to register the server?
  • Do I need to start the dedicated server through Steam?
  • And does the Steam server browser even work? I've tried finding some of my friends' servers who are also running 116523, but I can't find them.

Thanks,

staMerrill

What about us who have retail dvds?We will still get the final 1.63?

As a matter of fact I can't even find an non-steam Czech Army DLC on your store.At this stage I don't care about A2 Mp but I really hope BI doesn't suggest to buy the whole friggin A2+Arrowhead package on Steam to get the DLCs and final 1.63 after I payed good money for the retail dvds.:raisebrow:

As a matter of fact I can't even find an non-steam Czech Army DLC on your store.At this stage I don't care about A2 Mp but I really hope BI doesn't suggest to buy the whole friggin A2+Arrowhead package on Steam to get the DLCs and final 1.63 after I payed good money for the retail dvds.:raisebrow:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-A2ACR/arma-2-army-of-the-czech-republic

You can now use your retail key to activate the game in steam. From the recent Bohemia Interactive's 15th Anniversary announcement:

In addition to the free game, Bohemia Interactive today also announced that people who have previously bought a non-Steam version of Arma 2, including the expansions and DLC, are now able to redeem their product on Steam using their original Arma 2 or Arma 2 expansion game’s CD Key (often found inside the box or provided by the reseller via e-mail).

So activate on steam and buy the DLC there while the sale is running.

when the 1.63 patch released we will be obliged to use the steam version because because I prefer to use the version box. I do not like steam

^ ^ Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up, and thank you, BI! :) I just associated all of the A2 world with my Steam account using retail keys. Worked perfectly. But I didn't install (yet).

Hmm, I activated the Czech army DLC in Steam successfully, but don't see an entry in my games library. I've got A2, A2:BAF, A2:OA and A2:PMC, but can't see ACR. Different for anyone else?

^ ^ It's visible as a DLC for OA, not as a separate game in library.

Gamespy is shutting down in 48 hours, what about the final patch?

hello guys I'm just confused about how can I play arma 2 oa with latest beta patch and searching net couldn't give me a resolution.

I have arma 2 complete collection include all arma 2 related games, in steam library I have ''ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead'' and ''ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta''. in ''ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead'' properties and BETAS tab I have a menu set as default ''none'' when I expand it I have ''beta - '' option. in other side in the ''ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta'' in the same address I have 3 options:

beta108074

beta112555

beta -

so if I want to play arma 2 oa with latest available patch include many bug fixes, what should I do and select which of them?

thanks

As Hladas posted few minutes ago here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178443-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-124779-Steam-Mp-Lobby-%281-63-build-Steam-only%29

use app Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead , in properties select tab BETAS and there select "beta - " . this is the latest beta version.

I appologize for the confusion, but we had to retire app Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta, because otherwise we would not be able to properly test the Steamworks integration.

As Hladas posted few minutes ago here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178443-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-124779-Steam-Mp-Lobby-%281-63-build-Steam-only%29

use app Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead , in properties select tab BETAS and there select "beta - " . this is the latest beta version.

I appologize for the confusion, but we had to retire app Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta, because otherwise we would not be able to properly test the Steamworks integration.

thanks alot for clarification:)

Have you fixed the "deleteVehicle" bug you introduced between 103718 and 104648?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177393-List-of-regressions-between-1-62-and-1-63-betas

I have A2OA under Steam with the BETA option checked. I verified the Steam Cache BEFORE installing the BETA option, so everything should be PERFECT.

So now my ingame version is 1.63.124879

I was told (by an Admin on Dayz Forum) that you switch to STEAM by going into MULTIPLAYER and clicking on the INTERNET option and toggling past LAN to STEAM.

However, I only have the INTERNET and LAN options.

What can I do, I have a verified cache and a beta version chosen by Steam, what could possibly have gone wrong ?

I have A2OA under Steam with the BETA option checked. I verified the Steam Cache BEFORE installing the BETA option, so everything should be PERFECT.

So now my ingame version is 1.63.124879

I was told (by an Admin on Dayz Forum) that you switch to STEAM by going into MULTIPLAYER and clicking on the INTERNET option and toggling past LAN to STEAM.

However, I only have the INTERNET and LAN options.

What can I do, I have a verified cache and a beta version chosen by Steam, what could possibly have gone wrong ?

Nothing is wrong, choose INTERNET. From ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124879 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only):

Changelog:

- GS lobby removed

- EXE signature fixed

GS (GameSpy) has been removed and there is no need to distinct between the 2 lobbys (GAMESPY or STEAM) so the steam lobby was renamed to INTERNET.

Oh, okay, well it is a relief to know that it is working. I had heard about "the Steam Browser", so I was expecting something workable and efficient like in Day of Defeat, or TFC, but it is exactly the same as before. No efficient way to filter out mod types, no way to filter between incompatible mod or Arma 2 versions.

Seems Gamespy is still up at the moment because Dayz Commander still lists 6,200 servers. Are they ever going to shut it off ? Or does Dayz Commander now poll Steam for the master server list ?

will there be an option to run 1.62 when it has switched to the steam browser?

Yes ... 1.62 will still run, but there will be no server browser, because it does not have the necessary Steam multiplayer functions built in to replace GameSpy.

Players using 1.62 will have to use "Remote" to connect directly, using the IP address and port number of the server. There will be no browser list.