Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

There is a well documented bug (search the last few pages) with the Dishdashas worn by Boko Haram and Taliban factions. Massi and CUP weapons prove nearly ineffective when using less than NATO 7.62. HE is also ineffective below 40mm.

Drongo is working on the Dishdashas as there are a few problems with them.

Okay, we played with MEC on Friday night game night. Looks like the ISIS would not spawn, but used the Boko in their place for now. Works with ALiVE. We'll just have to wait on the ALiVE ISIS for now. No biggie.

Side note. We also noticed the the Boko units were near impossible to kill. They would drop. Then get right back up. Not sure if its related to MEC or not. I'm guessing its a Medical mod issue maybe? Who knows...

ISIS in ALiVE seems to be working for me. Working on our dedicated server.

Edited by DoRo

First post updated with version 019. Changes:

• Many config and script tweaks
  • Fixed some missing textures for the dishdashas
  • Reduced the armor value of IS, Taliban and Boko Haram to alleviate the "bulletproof dishdasha" problem
  • Added a Generic South East Asian Irregulars (GSI) faction
  • Removed some unnecessary GL grenades from many classes
  • Added [MEC] tag to clothing and gear
  • Added optional support for Teriyaki's and NikolaiSergeyev's uniform packs
  • Added Chairborne's Hind to requiredAddons
  • Added an MEC mod logo
  • Readded uniform randomization for Western Black Ops, using a lot of Niko's and Teriyaki's uniforms

Note: I strongly advise installing Niko and/or Teriyaki's uniforms. The SEA faction is not much to look at them. IS, WBO, Irregs and Hamas also use uniforms from these packs.

Note: I strongly advise installing Niko and/or Teriyaki's uniforms. The SEA faction is not much to look at them. IS, WBO, Irregs and Hamas also use uniforms from these packs.

Hi Drongo. Where I find this uniform pack? Thanks and congrats for your MEC pack. Really useful!

I am seeing an error that seems to be related to the cha_mi24 mod. The error says:

config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_Mi24_S8_Rocket/burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'

It causes a Crash to desktop.

Anyone else with this Problem? Please let me know if there is a Workaround. Really like the Mideast Conflict Mod!!

Are you using any other large Mods like All-in-Arma Standalone, I received the same error when running the Mi-24 pack with AiA

Yeah, me too. I uninstall AiA (SA) and after this it works. Or u can simply run both: AiA and MEC but without Hind pack. Watch that when u put a Mi-24 from MEC army it will CTD !

Great job Drongo! Dishdasha's working great for me now! Mowed down plenty Boko Haram with CUP Minimi yesterday after the update!

Yes, that is the Problem. I was running with AiA Standalone. The error is related to the Cha_Mi24 mod.

Thanks for checking!

Yay, nice job with last update, Massi's weapons can now kill talibans with easy : )

Good news. Yeah. Looking forward to trying this out again. Game night is just two nights away. ;)

I was just puzzled when I saw videos of Arma3 on a local news network (down here on Brazil - BandNews) claiming that IS is distributing a hacked version of A3 with ISIS mod (the images look like yours) to recruit children ... I smell a witch-hunt coming or maybe it is just fake news to heat up the audience?

I´ve googled but so far only 2 webportals feature such news - can´t recall which news feed provided BandNews with the footage =P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html

http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-video-games/

Well, the silverlining is that they´ve already used GTA and CoD (and on the footage I´ve spoted Garry´sMod too) to their sick propaganda, so Arma3 was promoted to AAA games league XP

I don't think it is this mod. It appears my mod isn't up to the exacting standards of IS :( Or maybe my new mod logo scared them off :D

Anyway, I hope they have the decency to funnel some of their US/Israeli/Saudi/Turkish cash to the modders whose work they stole.

Looks to me like Vocativ have picked up on a jokey post made by some kid about how he wants to play the bad guys because "I'm so edgy! Wow!", and then the Mail, the newspaper that famously supported Hitler, has decided that this means "International Superterrorist Organization ISIS's illegal paedo immigrants are using videogames to make our kids give Princess Diana Canceraids" or something along those lines.

Presumably, the Daily Mail is next going to report on how Sid Meier is "Sick Filth" who is "secretly recruiting for the Ottoman Empire"?

First post updated with version 020. Changes:

• Added beards to IS
  • New uniform for SAA
  • Changed to APL-SA license
  • 10% of the profits from every download will be sent to CIA/Saudi/Mossad mercenaries IS through the IS terrorist sleeper cells working at the Daily Mail :)

isis.jpg

• Added beards to IS
  • New uniform for SAA
  • 10% of the profits from every download will be sent to CIA/Saudi/Mossad mercenaries IS through the IS terrorist sleeper cells working at the Daily Mail :)

Your changelog, LULZ! :cc: Awesome that you are forging ahead good sir. Keep up the good work!

• Added beards to IS
  • New uniform for SAA

http://s22.postimg.org/44tz6jzgd/isis.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!

Drongo, you really are the best!

Drongo thanks for the update!

this requires: Tactical beards

Added beards to IS

correct to work?

=========

Can we keep focus on the mod here and not turn this into another ISIS thread, F*ck ISIS leave it for the thread dedicated to that subject.

Where can I find a server key for MEC? Not included in the armaholic download...

Where can I find a server key for MEC? Not included in the armaholic download...

Thanks for the Mod! I have same issue, server key?