Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

OK, can you guys please try this version and see if the problem persists:

MEC version 015

Armaholic/PWS, please do not distribute this version yet.

Going to try it right now, will edit this post with results.

Edit: Sorry bud, I am quite sad to say they didnt work still. Same bad vehicle type - error.

Edited by Gfresco

I found an error with the backpack in the base. Weird that I don't get the error though. Can you check if this works?

MECv0151

Good news :) First post updated with version 0151. Changes:

v0151

Removed a reference to a non-existant backpack in the HAMAS_base class

v015

Reduced the amount of uniforms available to Hamas (preferring dark shirts)

Made Hamas use only black balaclavas

Is anybody able to use Hamas? They work fine for me.

works fine for me.

I might add im heavily modded particularly with factions

could be that the reference to a backpack was a modded backpack some of us didn't have, some of us did, just odd it gave a vehicle error for that.

Hamas have NVGs to make them a bit more operator than the Irregulars. You can easily remove NVGs with the following script:

// Loops on the server to remove NVGs from the given faction

sleep 1;
if NOT(isServer) exitWith {};
//sleep 5;

_faction = "Hamas";
_registeredUnits = [];
_allUnits = [];
_man  = objNull;

_go = true;
while {(_go)} do {
_allunits = allUnits;
while {((count _allUnits) > 0)} do {
	_man  = _allUnits select 0;
	_allUnits = _allUnits - [_man];
	if NOT(_man in _registeredUnits) then {
		_registeredUnits = _registeredUnits + [_man ];
		if ((faction _man) == _faction) then {
			//player sideChat format ["%1",(faction _man)];
			_man unassignItem "NVGoggles";
			_man removeItem "NVGoggles";
		};
	};
};
// Uncomment to make the script only run once
//_go = false;
sleep 10;
};

Thanks for me it looks strange with the NVGs attached on their heads. I will use the script instead , it's a solution :)

Without wanting to seem inflammatory to it's creator, it would be great if you could remove the dependency on Sud's East vs. West at some point. I only have it so I can use MEC, and it's a massive ball-ache in a number of ways.

Keep up the good work Drongo, great mod.

@Drango thanks for this mod. I do have some feedback i hope you dont take the wrong way.

Because this mod relies on others...I just spend hours building a SP mission and now its broken because the authors of the other MODS have not fixed their sound config changes. This sucks because we can't just reply on your updates but have to ensure the others do the same. Just some feedback about building addons based on others. I wish you had your own files and didnt have to rely on others... Either way i appreciate your work and what you share.

I've been considering removing East vs West as a requirement and it sounds like some of you would prefer that. Basically this means the SAA will lose the BRDM, Ural and UAZ. What do people think? Also, once EvW is patched, would you prefer it be added again?

I, personally, don't like having to have an extra mod that I need to download in order to add a few extra vehicles to the factions. However, I do like the addition. Is there anyway you can contact sudden and see if you can just manually add those vehicles to your mod without having that dependency?

I've been considering removing East vs West as a requirement and it sounds like some of you would prefer that. Basically this means the SAA will lose the BRDM, Ural and UAZ. What do people think? Also, once EvW is patched, would you prefer it be added again?

I would remove them, personally. Its not worth it. I personally would see if you could just add in the relevant files yourself.

I suggest you wait for RHS Russian Forces. (It should come in a few months I think).

It will pretty much let you complete the Syria faction, without 30000 dependencies.

You can have the whole UAZ, BDRM and BTRs and BMPs and everything, it will have even more and especially artillery stuff that the Syrian army uses.

I think if you just limited the scope a bit, made it only Syrian Army and Hamas, and Iran and other eastern factions, along with the sunni terrorists and split any IDF stuff (and other western stuff off for now).

(community already has a pretty good amount of western stuff, and western blackops and those guys can pretty easily be made with some of the new baclavas, uniforms and some custom mod guns by the missionmakers anyway)

They could just use the RHS stuff, which I (hope & assume) and is probably likely to include all the static weapons, and will for sure include the AKs, soviet helmets you can use for Syrians, probably soviet vests too, a shit ton of armor that you can probably include reskins for etc etc.

You can probably get away with RHS Russian Forces and only a few other mods (like hidden identities) as requirements, and ditch that sad sad ugly NATO SF/ Spetznaz weapons, which saturates VAS with like 3000 types of one gun.

Seriously though sounds like a great solution, you can leave IDF as a seperate mod with the vanilla tavors and like, a few custom helmets (some of those israeli ones) and reskinned uniforms, then just revisit IDF once US armed forces comes out and if you want to use that western gear and intertwine it with them then do that and make it a requirement.

I still have some problems using the Hamas.

Everytime they spawn they look like this:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb109/RavingCraze/2014-08-10_00002.jpg (158 kB)

After like 2 sec they look like this:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb109/RavingCraze/2014-08-10_00003.jpg (157 kB)

This not only happens when using Zeus, it also happens when I place them in the editor.

Whats wrong with it?

Many Greetings

Moony

I'm happy for SAA to lose those vehicles, and I'd rather not have the dependency returned once EvW is patched. If another way could be found to have those vehicles, fine, if not... can live without them.

Hmm, I would still prefer the option to have them in the missions.

They've been a dependency for more than 4 months with no complaints ? Seems a shame to break all the missions that have those units in them ?

My vote is to remove them temporarily till Sudden fixes them, ideally to then get them back in as part of the mod ?

SJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hmm, I would still prefer the option to have them in the missions.

They've been a dependency for more than 4 months with no complaints ? Seems a shame to break all the missions that have those units in them ?

My vote is to remove them temporarily till Sudden fixes them, ideally to then get them back in as part of the mod ?

SJ

Good point here. I can totally understand and appreciate your point as a mission maker!

I think you should remove the dependency. Requiring the download of a ~400MB mod to use a ~8MB mod is a bit much, especially if you have no use for anything in the EvW mod.

Is anyone else having an issue with Hamas and the Irregulars not having any additional ammo besides what is in their current weapon? This kinda makes firefights pretty short when they can only unload 30 rounds at you.

My current plans are to remove the EvW vehicles, but provide them as an optional download. I know some people don't like splitting addons, but that is the best compromise I think.

@Moon_chilD

That is part of the random uniform script. I am thinking of non-random uniforms for Hamas next release.

@MSGTJohnson357

They seem to have extra mags when I checked it. Has anyone else had this problem?