Sign in to follow this  
sandman1980

Order choppter to landing

Hi! i just playing the Defiance Zeus mission, and i have a doubt. I deploy a choppter controlled by IA, i can order it to take off, patrol a zone, engage enemies, etc. but i can´t order it to landing in a zone. Is this because the mission or this option (order a choppter or plane to landing) in zeus is not available?

Thanks!

Yes, that is an obvious omission for a much needed command.

A work-around for helicopters is to reduce fuel to very near '0' and it will land but perhaps not in best location.

Thanks for the answer! This command is fundamental, is very silly to let planes and choppters flying everywhere.

Yeah, I sap the fuel as well and then repair it of it gets damaged on the crash to simulate a landing. Oh well. Haven't tried to get planes down at all.

Already confirmed that it's being added soon by the main Zeus dev.

Also, if you want to have the helicopter actually land, as long as you have the debug console and options turned on, you can double click on the unit, and in it's Exec field at the bottom, type:

this land "LAND"

or, if you don't want them to land completely and turn off the engine:

this land "GET IN"

You'd think this would be at the top of their list considering the slight embarrassment they suffered during the live stream. What was weird was it almost seemed like they didn't expect it.

Seems this will be solved in the next stable version:

https://twitter.com/KarelMoricky/status/457120561978560512

Followed.

I'm on pins and needles for any Zeus news. I hope the new fire waypoint allows units to fire on hostiles without leaving their route. AI squads under you direct command have always had that ability (open fire vs engage) but it's unfortunately nnot in Zeus yet.

Edited by IconoclastDX

You won't need any unofficial mods after next default branch patch ;)

BlgEuqyCUAEjECD.png

(currently in the dev build)

Nice! Look forward to seeing that implemented in the next stable branch update.

If anyone is interested in adding custom keybinds to the Zeus view, I've just recently added that to my mission (L key = Chopper Landing and holding position) so happy to share what I've learnt. You are basically hooking the Zeus display with a displayAddEventHandler.

Yeah that'd be awesome, how'd you do that? Would love to have a keybinding for Zeus remote control.

Yeah that'd be awesome, how'd you do that? Would love to have a keybinding for Zeus remote control.

Run this code on the player/client that is Zeus. You need a function to call on the hook and check for keypresses (check the wiki for displayAddEventHandler for more on that). Also the event handler is removed when the player drops out of Zeus view so if you're using this in a mission where the player can switch back and forth you'll need to loop and put in some additional logic to check if you've already hooked the display.

if (!(isNull (findDisplay 312 ))) then //change this to a waituntil if running the code one time on a forced interface Zeus
{
//Hook Event Handler for Custom Zeus Actions
(findDisplay 312) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","_this call zeusKeyHandler"];
};

Has that feature been put in yet? I was trying to access it today to start having some fun with air assaults and wasn't able to access it.

Has that feature been put in yet? I was trying to access it today to start having some fun with air assaults and wasn't able to access it.

You have to set waypoints and modify them. Set multiple waypoints with strg+click. Edit waypoints with doubleclick.

I try that and it doesn't work. I'm doing this in the editor and not a set mission.

NVM, figured it out! had a curator mod enabled along with arma3 zeus i noticed!