Sign in to follow this  
phant

Zeus AI and Weather issues & syncing Zeus with a whole mod

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone was having issues with AI in Zeus refusing Zeus remote control? I am using the FFIS AI mod. The AI will often make their own waypoints and completely neglect remote control.

Another issue, when placing the weather module it only ever syncs with the clients once. Any changes you make to the weather after it has synced with the players do not sync again with the players. Is there any way to force synchronisation? Does anyone else have this issue?

And lastly, a question. How do I link an entire mod with Zeus. So, for example, if I want to link the entire library of CAF Aggressors with Zeus so that Zeus can place all units under CAF, how would I do this? Do I have to do sync each unit to the 'Custom Mods' Zeus module or is there a way to capture the whole mod in one go?

Thanks in advance.

Zeus remote control is being weird with me but make sure its not a group leader if you have set way points, keep it as a grunt.

Weather has been a client syncing issue with us also, for some reason it has began to fix itself, also possibly dependent on map, works on altis, didn't on stratis.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator#Unlocking_Addons - states that you crate an array of classnames from CfgPatches (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgPatches_CfgVehicles), but for CAF aggressors you could try looking in the config editor for the CfgPatches name for CAF units? add that into the array, middle east, euro, african may have different or the same, if different then use the array ["CLASSNAMEME","CLASSNAMEEU",CLASSNAMEAFR"]

EDIT:

Went on the config viewer and found them for you, groups and factions. As you will hopefully know CAF aggressors have civ and generic, groups will only cover those military units (i.e. rifle squads), so pick from what you think appropriate.

AFR: groups - caf_ag_groups_afr_p faction - caf_ag_faction_afr / caf_ag_faction_afr_civ / caf_ag_faction_afr_p

EU: groups - caf_ag_groups_eeur_r faction - caf_ag_faction_eeur_r / caf_ag_faction_eeur

ME: groups - caf_ag_groups_me_t faction - caf_ag_faction_me / caf_ag_faction_me_t / caf_ag_faction_me_civ

Edited by tmortensen
Found it because I am nice

Dearest Tmortensen,

You are an absolute legend.

May I abuse your kindness and ask exactly what one has to place and where one types out the array?

Cheers,

Phant.

I believe Modules>Zeus>Manage Addons. Mode = Add, Addon classes field is where you add the array of "["faction","group"]" I think. Make sure the module is synchronized to the Game Master module.

Example could be for just EU dudes - place in the the field: ["caf_ag_groups_eeur_r","caf_ag_faction_eeur_r"] - this hopefully adds the grouped units (available in Groups on Zeus (category 2)), and also adds the faction of EU to hopefully make individuals/singulars (cat 1). This is untested but it is my best guess and nearest idea to what you are looking to achieve.

Hope this helps

Dearest tmortensen,

Excellent. I will test this out and report back.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phnt.

If you are wrestling with Zeus as much as I am, helping a brother in need is no issue. I am still having my issue with player UID's in the game master module, seems to be no fix or obvious stuff as of yet!

Let me know how it goes.

------------------------------------------

In addition CAF_agg is made for ALiVE so the way in which ALiVE calls units for dynamic spawning may be different to that of the game or that of Zeus.

Some other mod factions can throw up errors from ALiVE when calling the unit groups and randomization on dynamic spawn. I don't know if this will affect it, however it is worth baring in mind.

Edited by tmortensen
Additional note

It would appear that this did not work in the case of CAF as the CAF mod team have incorrectly defined the groups in their units array.

Most unfortunate, any ideas for anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Phant.