Sign in to follow this  
tmortensen

Game Master Owner - Player UID

Working from the Game Master module, and 'owner' field.

It states "Can be an object' variable name, player UID, or......."

Does anyone know the format of player UID input?

I wish to get it to work so only a select few can use it in my community.

BIwiki provides nothing on this matter of syntax for the field.

I have tried the following:

Quoted: "7656119xxxxxxxxxx"

Unquoted (direct input): 7656119xxxxxxxxxx

Tried an array of UID's(squbrac + quote): ["7656119xxxxxxxxxx","7656119xxxxxxxxxx"]

Tried an array of UID's(no quote): 7656119xxxxxxxxxx,7656119xxxxxxxxxx

Tried an array of UID's(quote): "7656119xxxxxxxxxx","7656119xxxxxxxxxx"

Ideally I would like an array of my allowed player UID's for my game mode

However, if I get one working I will be able to crack the rest.

At current stage object variable name from a Zeus playable can be put directly into this and it works openly.

Does anyone know the cell format or syntax, for player UID? And furthermore in a sting or array format, to work on restricting unauthorized player UID's?

Same goes here, my layout makes zeus his own team, i need around 5 admins/members to have access to this team and zeus, but seems i can only put one UID in the owner field,

please help "arma-guru's" :)

[] spawn { _UID = getPlayerUID player; _player = getAssignedCuratorUnit bis_curator; if (player == _player) then { _Admin_Zues_check = missionNamespace getVariable "Admin_Zues_check"; if (_UID in _Admin_Zues_check) then {} else { for "_i" from 0 to 10 do { hint format["This slot is for Admins Only - leave it within %1 before your input gets frozen.",(11 -_i)]; sleep 1; }; while {true} do { sleep 0.5; disableUserInput true; }; }; }; };

Goes in init.sqf

Is using inidbi format

Will post old format when I'm home in 5-5 and a half hours

[] spawn {

if(isServer)exitWith{}; // Prevents server from running the code

_UID = getPlayerUID player;

_reservedUIDs = ["7623423424323423073","7234324234234230"]; //Admin UIDS

_player = getAssignedCuratorUnit bis_curator;

if ((player == _player) && !(_UID in _reservedUIDs)) then {

// 20 second countdown until player gets frozen

for "_i" from 0 to 20 do {

hint format["This slot is for Admins Only - leave it within %1 before your input gets frozen.",(21 -_i)];

sleep 1;

};

disableUserInput true;

};

};

Init.sqf zeus be named bis_curator

Back from vacation,

if(isServer)exitWith{}; // Prevents server from running the code <<<<< so to test this works, would i have to run it off a dedicated box? As I am trying to get the code to work, but when ran off my own pc it seems to have no effect, and just to double check, as I am unsure,

I put the code above in the init.sqf, on the editor i name the player attached to the zeus game master as bis_curator and owner as the same bis_curator??

[] spawn {

if(isServer)exitWith{}; // Prevents server from running the code

_UID = getPlayerUID player;

_reservedUIDs = ["xxxx","xxxx","xxxx"]; //Admin UIDS

_player = getAssignedCuratorUnit bis_curator;

if !(getPlayerUID _player in _reservedUIDs) then {

for "_i" from 0 to 20 do {

hint format["This slot is for Members only - leave it within %1 before your input gets frozen.",(21 -_i)];

sleep 1;

};

disableUserInput true;

};

};

the MODULE needs to be called "bis_curator"

_player explained in English:

_player = A player that is assigned as zeus via the module "bis_curator"

^^ Thank you very much, have understood and got it working

...or not :(

the problem now is that anyone not on the uid list joining any slot gets the freeze script ran on them, when i host it myself it works fine, but when in dedicated mode only uid entered people can stay in the server.

clues?

That leads me to think line 2 isn't present or incorrect for you, as it shouldn't be ran on the server only on player spawn IF and WHEN curator is assigned, ELSE it is closed.

Check the {} loops and make sure they are closed properly, that is all I can suggest.

Try line 7:

if !(getPlayerUID _player in _reservedUIDs) then {}

then line 8:

else {for "_i" from 0 to 20 do {

and close else on line 13 with an extra };

hopefully you understand line references,

this should close the if (if the unit isnt the curator), ELSE it will run the loop.

Think i may have had working correctly just for some weird-magic-arma-specialness, when we updated the server, for some reason when i joined it did n't do the usual downloading mission, I may have dismissed this as, "maybe its in my cache already". As when i connect a few hours later, just to see the error's, it downloaded and was fine!! Great 'cept for the hours lost, spent trying different methods.

Though I still am very thankful for all the help!

Hello, I've been trying to get this working either by UID or Username, could you tell me how I can get this to work ? do I need to label zeus as something to be able to join it as my UID/username ?

is there a way to enable zeus for a player if he has set a variable like for example _admin == 1

we have our admins set up dynamic by the database entries for admin level and it would be nice if they could get the option to zeus too without any further editing every time we add or remove one

is there a way to enable zeus for a player if he has set a variable like for example _admin == 1

we have our admins set up dynamic by the database entries for admin level and it would be nice if they could get the option to zeus too without any further editing every time we add or remove one

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but give this guy a shout: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189185-seelenlos-zeus/