kgino1045

How can i make multiple Zeus Curators

I would like to make 5 Zeus curator in Blufor, as called the Owner in Gamemaster.

I want them to use Zeus.

How can i do that?

Give a name to each unit, then place a game master module for each unit and set "owner" of GM to unit names, worked for me with 8 Zeus. The only problem i met, as they are different zeus, we can't control each others units, or can't see the icons.

Give a name to each unit, then place a game master module for each unit and set "owner" of GM to unit names, worked for me with 8 Zeus. The only problem i met, as they are different zeus, we can't control each others units, or can't see the icons.

Uhmm so should i place line like

p1, p2, p3

or

p1,p2,p3

or

"p1","p2","p3" ?

If it's available i would like to use UID but when i place like

136789146106, 17890136878

this it didn't work, any suggestion?

You can add a CuratorObjectPlaced eventHandler to register each placed unit on the other Curators.

You can add a CuratorObjectPlaced eventHandler to register each placed unit on the other Curators.

Not sure how to link with them specifically like link with which module. If you don't mind can you teach me which one i should?

Not sure how to link with them specifically like link with which module. If you don't mind can you teach me which one i should?

As far as I can tell (I might be wrong!) synchronizing the Curator logics or units doesn't do anything. Grouping them puts them in the same group/side for the role selection screen, though.

For the eventHandler, it has to be added to either the Curator units or more likely the curator logic on the client-side (I just kinda shotgunned it and did both, which didn't break anything), and execute 'curatorLogicName addCuratorEditableObjects [[(_this select 1)],true]' for each Curator's logic on the server-side. Obviously this is for multiplayer, so if you're only doing single-player, disregard locality nonsense.

On 4/16/2014 at 11:52 AM, TinfoilHate said:

As far as I can tell (I might be wrong!) synchronizing the Curator logics or units doesn't do anything. Grouping them puts them in the same group/side for the role selection screen, though.

For the eventHandler, it has to be added to either the Curator units or more likely the curator logic on the client-side (I just kinda shotgunned it and did both, which didn't break anything), and execute 'curatorLogicName addCuratorEditableObjects [[(_this select 1)],true]' for each Curator's logic on the server-side. Obviously this is for multiplayer, so if you're only doing single-player, disregard locality nonsense.

What???? what module do I put this code on? "EventHandler" isn't a placeable module

Just came apon this subject for my own mission, heres what you do:

Lets say you have 4 playable units in your mission with one of them set to player, if you want all playable units

to be a curator of Zeus basically can access Zeus, whether your playing by yourself and switch to any of the units, or whether your in coop,

and want your friends or the other players to have access to Zeus then this is what you can do:

1. Give each playable unit a name, keep it simple like p1
  2. Place a Zeus Game Master module on the map for each player so in our case 4 modules.
  3. Open the module and in the Owner box of each of the module, put the playable unit's name.
  4. Under the Default Addons box set it to "All addons (including unofficial ones)"

In Singleplayer if you switch from each unit and press Y you can access the Zeus menu or interface as its also called.

In Multiplayer be it through MP lan or dedicated server, if you have lets say just more then those 4 roles but want only 4 roles

(units) to have access to zeus then do something like this:

Role Description (Seen in the MP lobby)

- Edit each unit you have set to access Zeus, and in the Role Description box which is located under Object control of the unit

give the unit a name or a description and then in brackets (Zeus Access).

Doing something like that among many other roles in the MP lobby will help those connecting choose the

appropriate role for what they want to do. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Edit..

You might be able to sync all playable units you want to have zeus to the module instead

of a module per playable unit, haven't tried but just a thought, it might work. Cheers!