Sign in to follow this  
barrett217

Is there a way to add Domination.Chernarus to ArmA 2 & OA

What I want to know is, Is there a way to add co40_Domination.Chernarus AI to my PC. Would I have to have a Dedicated Server to run it or can I run it by installing it @co40_Domination.Chernarus AI folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" folders "@co40_Domination.Chernarus AI" and inside "addon" folder The addons for .pbo files which add new content to the game like units, vehicles, weapons. through LAN server. Cause I have DomiA2_2_11_Mission_Pack for ArmA 2 & OA. So later on I can learn how add to it. Plus to play it by my self or to let friends play with me. Plus Plus keeping the Domination 2 Intro in it. With the respects of the creator Xeno.

o40_Domination.Chernarus is a mission file.. not an addon. All you need to do is place the mission .pbo file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions

Start up Arma go to multiplayer > New

Select Chernarus map and the Domination mission should show up on the right-hand side.

Other players will be able to join your server (called a hosted server ie: not dedicated) as long as your internet connection is fast enough

Thank you. How would I be able to add Tanks, Planes or any weapons like Mk17 TWS SD, Mk17 Sniper SD to this one alone co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus. I would like to be able to build on it. Sorry for all the questions.

Yeah you will need to de-pbo the mission file (search for eliteness or cpbo) which is like extracting a zip file. Then you need to open those files in the editor and make changes. Search for Mr. Murray's Editing Guide for more info. Mirek linked the BIS thread on Domination but be warned... making simple changes in a complicated mission like Domination is NOT EASY!!

The only trouble that I have is. I'm not able to get the Tanks, Planes to respawn back at base after it has been destroyed. I do have notepad++, but I don't know anything about code. I did find a copy of Armed-Assault_Editing-Guide_Deluxe_Edition_by Mr-Murray_EN. I found the chapter 7.14 - The vehicle respawn on page 235. But I Had a hard time understanding on what he was trying to say. Like you was saying, making simple changes in a complicated mission like Domination is NOT EASY!! I agree. I'm able to add almost anything to it, save it and able to run preview. But far as able get anything to respawn back to base. that is where I'm lost. Plus I was wanting to try to add Mk17 TWS SD, Mk17 Sniper SD to it. But I wouldn't even know where to start. This is what I'm able to save.

4 AH-64D

4 M1A2 Tusk

4 M1A2

1 M270 MLRS

4 HMMWV (MK19)

4 HMMWV (TOW)

2 AV-8B in their own hanger's

2 A-10 in their own hanger's

1 C-130J NW Airbase

4 ATV's

4 Motorcycle's

I would read through the Domination thread here on these forums (or better yet search within that thread for vehicle respawn)... this is probably the mostly commonly requested thing in customizing Domi so I'm sure the answer will be there in the thread. There will be files buried somewhere in the mission that list what vehicles respawn and what is in the ammo box at main base.

The only trouble that I have is. I'm not able to get the Tanks, Planes to respawn back at base after it has been destroyed. I do have notepad++, Plus I was wanting to try to add Mk17 TWS SD, Mk17 Sniper SD to it. But I wouldn't even know where to start. This is what I'm able to save.

4 AH-64D

4 M1A2 Tusk

4 M1A2

1 M270 MLRS

4 HMMWV (MK19)

4 HMMWV (TOW)

2 AV-8B in their own hanger's

2 A-10 in their own hanger's

1 C-130J NW Airbase

4 ATV's

4 Motorcycle's

Try downloading this script and using it in domination. Easy to use and doesn't screw things up. You need to add code to the init line of the vehicles you want to be re-spawned and this script by tophe explains how to do everything.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080&highlight=VEHICLE%2BRESPAWN%2BSCRIPT

To add those guns to an ammo box you need to open the folder scripts inside the mission and find the ammobox.sqf script. You can open it with notepad. Scroll down to you see the other guns adn add your weapons here. Don't forget to add the ammo as well.

This should work with no problems. I've done it numerous times.

Is there a way get this, not to show up in co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus.pbo. Cause I would have to wait 30min to be able to get in, any of the chopper's that I have added on base. I'm still working on getting Chopper's and Tanks that I've added to respawn. I not able to find ammobox.sqf script in DomiA2_2_11_Mission_Pack folder. I guessing that I'm looking at the wrong place.

name = "End";
     init = "[""You are now qualified to fly, get in as gunner or command attack air vehicles !!!"", ""HQ""] call XHintChatMsg;" \n
      "d_player_autokick_time = nil;";
     precondition = "";
     class Links

Yes there should be a time code within that SQF. Before you really start editing your dom mission you should find the last updated version it was 2.71 it has a lot of errors that Xeno fixed.

You should always save the the original Codes you attempt to edit it will save you hours and hours lol.

Now to find a copy of Domination 2 missions updated version 2.71.

There are a few servers that still have domination up you just need to join that server. Then you have the file in PBO form in your MPMissionCache. You then need to UNPBO using eliteness and then you place the folder into your editor. Xeno has been asking for all current links that have his mission to be taking down (Very sad). He had a falling out with Bohemia and will no longer support its games at this time. I play domination mostly on my host server. I have a very unique version of domination that I am almost done with. The focus is on smaller group play 2-16 playable slots only. I have never been into the large public group thing or clans. This version has a very dynamic OPFOR island presents and sometimes it is harder just to get to the main target city then to take over the city lol. It has a base building element and resource management of AI support groups that the two field commanders can use. You are welcome to join and if you need help with some editing I can try to help you. I was going to release my version to the community but I feel I can't because of xeno and he wishes. This mission is only for my personal enjoyment and for those who join my host server at this time. The mission is called domination 2.71 total war AVIBIRD.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Thank you, that was what I was looking for:notworthy:. Cause I use to play on CGS server. They had a very good Domination 2 mission that I really enjoyed a lot. But they had to shut it down permanently. Cause the Files had gotten corrupted over time do to some people would just add what ever they wanted. Some of them add this to it or snowmen. So that pretty much ended that. Plus they wasn't able to make another mission like that one anymore. Their backup main file was even corrupted as well.

(This is to the ones that F'ed up CGS Mission Files:aa:. Thanks to the ones that f'ed it all up. I hope that they are happy now.)

ArmA2OA2013-04-2322-43-41-477.jpg

To let you know, that I found the file of Domination Chernarus AI 2.1g. This is from CGS Casual Gaming Squad Web Site. This is the one that I wanted all along. it looks like this one is not corrupted. The only thing that I got to figure out. Is how to get it from restarting at the beginning, every time I play it. Plus would I be able to put this, into the Domination_West-AI.Chernarus.pbo file. Sorry for all the questions.

Mk17 Sniper SD            SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD    20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR 
Mk17 TWS SD               SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD       20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR