Sign in to follow this  
PVT Watt.J

RWCO: Rotor Wing Combat Overhaul

Hum i'm sure my pilot will love to fly that beast ;)

Damit - I AM SURE to have a boner after patched that bird up. In the current ( buggy ) Version i have already massiv fun to fly and destroy but with your help - jesus christ! Have an donation button ready after your work is done. If your doing you job well i will show my gratitude measurably!!!

I´m doing Beta Tests. Its my hobby. Please support me :D

On the first sight I can't see any progress but I'm pretty sure you're working on it :-) the most work is surely the rpt errors and other Bugfixes. I wished I could help you somehow but bug reporting and testing is all I can do :-(

Your doing God's work! Keep going mate! Say if is there really something I can help you with.

If I remember correctly, Franze/Nodunit said the turret on their Apache was having a bit of bother in MP. Is this due to be fixed in this overhaul?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162767-AH-64D-Apache-Longbow-for-ArmA2-by-Nodunit-and-Franze&p=2696580&viewfull=1#post2696580

If so, hats off to you, your team and Nodunit/Franze for putting together the daddy of all attack helicopters.

AMAZING Mod Shadow!!! Something I have been wanting for, for a very long time as I mainly play an attack helicopter pilot and gunner in Arma. I saw in your original post you were requesting help, I would love to help you anyway I can. I'm new to scripting but very good at creative design work and I have a lot of time on my hands this summer to test and refine stuff:) And I know my RL attack helicopter systems like the back of my hand and what there future systems should look like over the next 30 years. A friend I'm working on a Mod with currently is actually a career computer software engineer so I'm sure I can have him look over some of your stuff and help find any problems you might run into he is doing this right now on another mod we are working on as well. You are right on track with everything you are doing in order to implement a realistic simulation of attack helicopter science in this game and my hats off to you Sir, a couple Ideas I have that I would love to see added is....

1. Make the Kajman gun camera a square wide view like the Comanche and the Apache as it would be in reality and there for balanced the potential for MP play. In fact if its possible to just make all gun scope views full screen like that full screen mod with the night vision did it would be best as we already loose all of our peripheral vision playing a game with a flat screen in first person view, there is no reason to further hinder this with narrowing are view more through something like an eye hole which is totally unrealistic. This has been repeated in every game with riffle scopes and what not I have seen and it makes so sense and for me does not add to immersion at all just frustration lol.

2. Remove the screen shake for the Apache as they have made massive improvements on gun stabilizers by 2030 it should be just like the Comanche and and the Kajman.

3. Make the Kajman have the same ammo supply as the Apache (1200) 30mm and it should be strait fed just like the Apache no magazine reloading.

4. Make the mini screen of the gunners view that the pilot can see in his cockpit actually zoom in and show what the gunner is looking at clearly at all times so the pilot can actually watch and see his engagements.

5. And this is a huge one I would love to have! Is it possible to make the the gun turret on all the attack choppers fully vertical and horizontally stabilized so you can shoot accurately while the chopper is moving just like the real ones are???

Here is a video showing you what I mean, also the tanks and anything else with a turret should have this as well if they don't already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU56TgsC44E

Hi Livefire,

A few notes:

1. The guns are already stabilized in both axes, the stabilization just isn't very good. Not much to be done here.

2. Changing the look on the optics is easy enough. The new Apache will have full screen optics just as you suggest here.

If you are interested, send me a PM with details about how you'd like to contribute.

Hi Livefire,

A few notes:

1. The guns are already stabilized in both axes, the stabilization just isn't very good. Not much to be done here.

2. Changing the look on the optics is easy enough. The new Apache will have full screen optics just as you suggest here.

If you are interested, send me a PM with details about how you'd like to contribute.

Awesome thanks man!! Just make sure the Comanche and the Kajman have the full screen view as well, we need them to be balanced counterparts of each other for MP games. I sent you a Private message like you asked by the way.

I played with the Kajman a little more, I think because it can transport troops as well it should only have 700 or so rounds compared to the 1200 the Apache has. Its a weight thing and a asymmetrical balance thing. Right now it has 250 per instance reload mag "which makes no sense how that works", but it does give it 500 rounds which isn't to bad. So I would say just make it continually fed like the Apache is because that's how it is in RL and just buff up the ammo cap to 700 and with full gun camera view and a laser designator just like the Apache and the Comanche everything should be good to go.

About the full screen turret camera, I think having it THAT way is more unrealistic, for example if you play on a 24 inch monitor, you'll have a turret image of 5 times the size of the TEDAC screen on the Apache, so I don't see a point in it being full screen. Anyway, that's my opinion.

TEDAC here:

http://www.combat-helo.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_PigZ8zde4FA/S5p-yEK21qI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/fOAYI5jASew/s1600/apache_cockpit_28.jpg

About the full screen turret camera, I think having it THAT way is more unrealistic, for example if you play on a 24 inch monitor, you'll have a turret image of 5 times the size of the TEDAC screen on the Apache, so I don't see a point in it being full screen. Anyway, that's my opinion.

TEDAC here:

http://www.combat-helo.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_PigZ8zde4FA/S5p-yEK21qI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/fOAYI5jASew/s1600/apache_cockpit_28.jpg

I don't think you understand, you have no peripheral vision on a monitor in a video game as you do in real life!! Granted, your monitor you play a video game on might be a hell of a lot larger then the display in the actual cockpit, but you are not actually in the cockpit and unless you are siting in a full scale simulator there is no way to properly reproduce this there for the best thing you can have is a full screen view at all times, this includes scopes, night vision goggles, and all weapon camera views. Another words your vision in game should never be restricted from full monitor view unless you are using 3 monitors that are actually giving you some peripheral vision. As I said earlier the current precedent was set in the gaming industry years ago and every game developer has just stupidly copied it, in there effort to make it seem realistic they ended up making it actually unrealistic and frustrating, some thing we need to turn around...

Edited by Livefire

I don't think you understand, you have no peripheral vision on a monitor in a video game as you do in real life!! Granted, your monitor you play a video game on might be a hell of a lot larger then the display in the actual cockpit, but you are not actually in the cockpit and unless you are siting in a full scale simulator there is no way to properly reproduce this there for the best thing you can have is a full screen view at all times, this includes scopes, night vision goggles, and all weapon camera views. Another words your vision in game should never be restricted from full monitor view unless you are using 3 monitors that are actually giving you some peripheral vision. As I said earlier the current precedent was set in the gaming industry years ago and every game developer has just stupidly copied it, in there effort to make it seem realistic they ended up making it actually unrealistic and frustrating, some thing we need to turn around...

OK, i think i got it now, sorry for the misunderstanding. Are talking about having actual PiP screens in the cockpit like DCS to prevent the heads down? cause that might take a lot of work and the result is knada lame, knowing that the Pip Sources loose constrast after a few seconds (Example: Hellcat copilot MFD).

But lets look at the facts, the HAFM apache has the ORT, so does the Nodunit/Franze apache, so going "heads down" is what the CPGs actually does. The Kajman has the same lame-ass cockpit from the Arma 2 apache, so it has the ORT too (again, heads down). So what u have left with MFDs with targeting capabilities is the Comanche and PiP in A3 sucks at the moment.

So I started using your mod of RWCO with Arma 2 Heil Imports and I have no luck with them. No changes are applied to the helicopters. I have reinstalled everything and nothing is working. I test it with the Comanche and the mod works but for the Arma 2 heils, nothing is working. I can't get a lock on with Viper. Nothing mention has changed for the Arma 2 heils.

Any insight what might be wrong, anything that I'm skipping?

So I started using your mod of RWCO with Arma 2 Heil Imports and I have no luck with them. No changes are applied to the helicopters. I have reinstalled everything and nothing is working. I test it with the Comanche and the mod works but for the Arma 2 heils, nothing is working. I can't get a lock on with Viper. Nothing mention has changed for the Arma 2 heils.

Any insight what might be wrong, anything that I'm skipping?

Did u drag the optional "rwco_hafm.pbo" and bisign from the optional folder into the addons folder?

Did u drag the optional "rwco_hafm.pbo" and bisign from the optional folder into the addons folder?

I actually using Play Six to install the mod.

I actually using Play Six to install the mod.

then what he is saying is you have to go into the optional folder and move that file into the addons folder of the mod.

then what he is saying is you have to go into the optional folder and move that file into the addons folder of the mod.

Thank You, That was the Fix Thank you. You think that if the base vanilla would work, the mod would work on all heils, with out having to more Pbos around.

Is this working for others on dedicated server?

It works fine for me in editor, SP and local MP but not on dedicated server. The hellfires won't hit the locked target, just sails of into the horizon... :(

Is this working for others on dedicated server?

It works fine for me in editor, SP and local MP but not on dedicated server. The hellfires won't hit the locked target, just sails of into the horizon... :(

Well, I've rewritten everything for next version based on Nodunit/Franze Apache, but I'm currently in the hell that is sorting out multiplayer locality issues.

Thank You, That was the Fix Thank you. You think that if the base vanilla would work, the mod would work on all heils, with out having to more Pbos around.

Can't work that way because otherwise it will be referencing objects that don't exist and it will throw errors.

Well, I've rewritten everything for next version based on Nodunit/Franze Apache, but I'm currently in the hell that is sorting out multiplayer locality issues.

Ah that lovely pain... that little bugger more or less halted our development for A3.

Ah that lovely pain... that little bugger more or less halted our development for A3.

It is an uphill battle. I love Arma/Bohemia, but they do not always make it easy!

It is an uphill battle. I love Arma/Bohemia, but they do not always make it easy!

Best of luck to you, please let us know if you manage to get some grounds on it..we've pretty much been defeated.

Can anyone demonstrate how to LOAL ? I did what wiki and this pages said but not working, the LOAL-HI lo di all of the missiles are ignore the laserdesignator's laser ofcouser using Kilo one :(