Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

What channels can the ZEUS talk to and listen to in arma3 VOIP?

What channels can the ZEUS talk to and listen to in arma3 VOIP?

zeus can talk to blufor on global, thats it, when you take control of a unit, you should be able to talk in direct, it would help roleplay

immensley, can we get a dev feedback on being able to talk in direct chat while controlling a unit?

zeus can talk to blufor on global, thats it, when you take control of a unit, you should be able to talk in direct, it would help roleplay

immensley, can we get a dev feedback on being able to talk in direct chat while controlling a unit?

Zeus ATM only works with Global even when you take control of a unit.

They talked about (as a coming feature) the local VoiceChat.

I want that local voice Chat! :-)

What I want is to be able to use Taskforce Radio ... VON is really bad in Arma.

Not only that.. using "global or direct" will not cut it.. because Global it a real immersion killer ... the grunts do not need to hear why his SQL is asking for support.

Impersonating a AI should do the same as VTS or MCC does... userswitch.

Edited by theNaCH

Yeah, task force radio would be amazing. I asked the creator of it if he had any plans for Zeus and he said he would think about it, so hopefully he can do something like you say, where Zeus can select a unit and use the radio of that unit. :D

Yeah, task force radio would be amazing. I asked the creator of it if he had any plans for Zeus and he said he would think about it, so hopefully he can do something like you say, where Zeus can select a unit and use the radio of that unit. :D

My group is using TFR and use it like that. We've given the Zeus a long range radio which allows him to listen to long range radio traffic, but unfortunately he is unable to transmit. We've solved this by Zeus taking direct control of an AI with long range radio when he wants to communicate with the group. It really adds to the immersion allowing Zeus to act as command over long range radio.

Oh damn, nice, i didn't even think of that. Does that work even if you have Zeus not playing an actual character but just being a virtual entity?

The way we have it setup right now is just the players using TFR, and because virtual entity zeus isn't a real player, he can hear and talk to everyone. This works, but it's obviously not ideal for roleplaying, because when you talk you talk to everyone and don't come through on the radio.

I'll have to try that with remote controlling a radio unit, didn't even think of that. It would still be awesome though if he could just click on a unit while in the Zeus interface and talk out of that unit's radio, without having to remote control him.

Dev update today added a custom channel for each side to communicate with Zeus

Are they even still working on allowing Zeus to communicate through local? Maybe in an active manner, but at least something in the works in the background.

bump!

my birthday comes soon, and i've already had over 30 of them. i wish i could chat direct with zeus' puppets! *blows out candles*

Task Force Radio has added this! It works pretty well; when controlling Zeus and flying around you can talk to people who are nearby with the ingame range-sensitive speech, and Zeus has a personal short range and long range radio, same as squad leaders. When remote controlling a unit, it's just like you were actually playing that unit from the start (can talk locally, and over radios). I believe it auto-spawns a short range radio for most units, and a long range for squad leaders and officers.

So as long as you're fine with how task force radio works (uses teamspeak, normal local chat is based on voice, if you dont have a radio you can't talk to people who are out of speaking range, etc), remote controlling units and talking to your players totally works. I've controlled civilians and had them talk to the players, officers far away to talk to the players over long range radios, and enemy units to fake conversations over enemy radios (that the players were listening in on).

SITREP #00117 states the following:

"Our own Zeus, Karel Mořický, has two tips to share:

• When engaging players, shoot to suppress...
  • Speak on the direct speech channel via VOIP. This will even make the NPC's lips move and is a great way to create a more dynamic scene for the players."

This is not true for me. I went into Zeus and tried to speak with a "puppet" on direct. It did not work. Only global works. I have the latest version. Can anyone confirm it is working for them?

Nope, voice still comes out of the bis_curatorunit and bis_curatorunit_1 location. I think it needs an engine fix.