genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

On 4/15/2014 at 3:05 AM, genesis92x said:

IMPORTANT EDITING COMMANDS

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; - This will turn off the VCOM AI on the given unit

This will make the AI not execute extra waypoint behavior OR respond to calls for help

this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

Is this still working properly? I have placed this in my insertion choppers init, but they are still going in to reinforce.

13 minutes ago, csk222 said:

Is this still working properly? I have placed this in my insertion choppers init, but they are still going in to reinforce.

Huh. That needs updating. Try this setvariable ["NOAI",true]; and this setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true];

Haha,

Finally got around testing the new version and ... well, im finding more and more ways to die now. Didnt encounter mined roads before, now i have :D

Also i kinda like how the friendly AI utilizes my support artillery units when using this with Alive, the only thing that kinda bugs me are choppers. Its cool and all that they come to "aid" but it seems that theyre stuck on "loiter" so they just hover there doing basically nothing and it seems that this also interferes with the transport chopper too although im not 100% sure.

But those are just some minor things, thank you for all your hard work and finding creative ways to destroy the human player.

9 hours ago, csk222 said:

Tried your recommendation with no result -  Vcom AI Disable Reinforcement - Quick Test

Ahhh. I see. Thanks for the video, I need to update that documentation and make it easier.

I tried this and it worked, let me know if it still does not work for you:

{_x setvariable ["NOAI",true];_x setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true];} foreach (Crew this);

3 hours ago, bairanbokkeri said:

Haha,

Finally got around testing the new version and ... well, im finding more and more ways to die now. Didnt encounter mined roads before, now i have :D

Also i kinda like how the friendly AI utilizes my support artillery units when using this with Alive, the only thing that kinda bugs me are choppers. Its cool and all that they come to "aid" but it seems that theyre stuck on "loiter" so they just hover there doing basically nothing and it seems that this also interferes with the transport chopper too although im not 100% sure.

But those are just some minor things, thank you for all your hard work and finding creative ways to destroy the human player.

Thank you :) Disabling VCOM AI on helicopters is something I would recommend with Alive!

Try adding this to your mission if you want to disable Helicopters from the AI

[
	{
		{
			If (!isNull (driver _x) ) then {
				{
					if !(_x getVariable ["NOAI",false];) then
					{
						_x setVariable ["NOAI", true, false];
					};
				} foreach (units group (driver _x));

};
		} Foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "Helicopter"});
	},
	[]
] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

20 hours ago, genesis92x said:

[ { { If (!isNull (driver _x) ) then { { if !(_x getVariable ["NOAI",false];) then { _x setVariable ["NOAI", true, false]; }; } foreach (units group (driver _x)); }; } Foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "Helicopter"}); }, 10, [] ] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

When I place this in my init.sqf I get the following error:

[
{
{
{>
 8:26:35   Error position: <[
{
{
{>
 8:26:35   Error Generic error in expression

Any ideas?

Hey genesis, been keeping an eye on your dissension videos, looks like it's really coming along.

Now I was using a script the other day I think it was called ai injury or something like that and one thing it does which I think you should really look at for VCOM is when an AI is shot, they don't always die, sometimes they will become incapacitated and roll around on the ground playing the injured animation. The cool thing about that is the AI nearby will sometimes pop smoke and attempt to drag that injured AI into cover and revive him.

I think that would be a great addition to what is already the best AI script out there.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Hey genesis, been keeping an eye on your dissension videos, looks like it's really coming along.

Now I was using a script the other day I think it was called ai injury or something like that and one thing it does which I think you should really look at for VCOM is when an AI is shot, they don't always die, sometimes they will become incapacitated and roll around on the ground playing the injured animation. The cool thing about that is the AI nearby will sometimes pop smoke and attempt to drag that injured AI into cover and revive him.

I think that would be a great addition to what is already the best AI script out there.

Keep up the good work.

That would be cool.  Hell I'd like to see the entire AI revive framework slapped into VCOM =)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_lmi1OZ2Y

This is NOT being critical of Vcom. I respect what he's done and believe ARMA isn't ARMA without his mod. I'm just looking for someone to tell me if I'm screwing this up or if there's a fix for me. Thanks

I've noticed this same thing while Zeusing. The Mexican standoff / run up to and high-five each other seems to be happening rather frequently.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 4:02 AM, csk222 said:

The only thing I didn't like, although I think it's a cool feature, is the grainy screen effects and the changing of setCustomAimCoef when I'm being shot at (Being Suppressed). I like everything the script does to the bots, I dont like it to do anything to me. I use the script version - Is there any way for me to remove that feature from Vcom? What other features modify/affect human players that I might've missed or not noticed? I believe this is the file VCOMAI_SuppressedEffect.sqf

On 1/14/2017 at 5:20 PM, genesis92x said:

Thank you CSK! If you are utilizing the script version, and not using the userconfig folder, look for the file VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf (Or something to that effect). In there are all the defined variables that VCOM uses. You can change what you'd like!

Is there any way to remove the post processing suppression with the mod version? I disabled it in the userconfig settings for all our members & server side, but it still happens. Ended up having to edit the pbo and remove all the pp effects from supressedeffects to stop it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afevis said:

Is there any way to remove the post processing suppression with the mod version? I disabled it in the userconfig settings for all our members & server side, but it still happens. Ended up having to edit the pbo and remove all the pp effects from supressedeffects to stop it.

If your server is not running -filepatching (Or whatever the command is nowadays) then it actually isn't reading the userconfig folder.

You can test this by creating a trigger that hints this -> hint format ["%1",VCOM_AIConfig];

If it returns "Userconfig Folder" then it is working correctly!

As well as disabling the PP effects for the mod, you should be able to simply put this in the init.sqf if the userconfig folder is not being read

VCOM_Suppression = false;VCOM_Adrenaline = false;publicvariable "VCOM_Suppression";publicvariable "VCOM_Adrenaline";

7 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_lmi1OZ2Y

This is NOT being critical of Vcom. I respect what he's done and believe ARMA isn't ARMA without his mod. I'm just looking for someone to tell me if I'm screwing this up or if there's a fix for me. Thanks

Can you report to me your server settings for difficulty? Or any additional information that woudl be vital in de-bugging this? The video is nice but does not offer enough info unfortunately. Having the AI at high skills levels, both with the VCOMAI settings AND the server settings seems to produce no issues during my tests, besides the odd occasion of an AI missing each other. I will record a video and post as well.

23 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the idea! I have thought about this for quite some time but was not sure if it would be a desired feature or not. I could always implement something and have it off by default...

*Sorry for the triple post - I am apparently having troubles with operating the forums..*

Well having used the AI injury script, I've got to say seeing the AI run out and drag their buddies back into cover just makes firefights so much more immersive.

The script I've been using makes them bleed out over time, and scream in pain as well. 

The main reason I'm not continuing to use it, is because it also makes your character scream things out like "surprise mother fu****" when you kill them, which kind of gets old very quickly. I'm probably going to just edit that out, but it would be great if the dragging/revive features made it's way to VCOM.

One more thing while I think about it. At the moment you have AI skill set to rank, is there any way we could have it set by faction?

It would be great to represent the tactical/training gap between say a rag tag group of insurgents and highly trained special forces. I know I could just set all the insurgents to privates and the spec ops to colonels, but it would be easier when using ALiVE (or any other system that spawns the AI) if you could just set it via side or better yet, faction.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

If your server is not running -filepatching (Or whatever the command is nowadays) then it actually isn't reading the userconfig folder.

You can test this by creating a trigger that hints this -> hint format ["%1",VCOM_AIConfig];

If it returns "Userconfig Folder" then it is working correctly!

As well as disabling the PP effects for the mod, you should be able to simply put this in the init.sqf if the userconfig folder is not being read

VCOM_Suppression = false;VCOM_Adrenaline = false;publicvariable "VCOM_Suppression";publicvariable "VCOM_Adrenaline";

Filepatching is enabled, strange.

19 minutes ago, afevis said:

Filepatching is enabled, strange.

Let me know if that does not work if you try it again. There might be something else going on :)

I appreciate you being able to disable it in the pbo though! That is very helpful.

20 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Well having used the AI injury script, I've got to say seeing the AI run out and drag their buddies back into cover just makes firefights so much more immersive.

The script I've been using makes them bleed out over time, and scream in pain as well. 

The main reason I'm not continuing to use it, is because it also makes your character scream things out like "surprise mother fu****" when you kill them, which kind of gets old very quickly. I'm probably going to just edit that out, but it would be great if the dragging/revive features made it's way to VCOM.

One more thing while I think about it. At the moment you have AI skill set to rank, is there any way we could have it set by faction?

It would be great to represent the tactical/training gap between say a rag tag group of insurgents and highly trained special forces. I know I could just set all the insurgents to privates and the spec ops to colonels, but it would be easier when using ALiVE (or any other system that spawns the AI) if you could just set it via side or better yet, faction.

Faction based skill levels is an interesting idea...I will save that for the next update - I think that is easily do-able.

===========

Here is a video I just did of the AI responsiveness in combat. With good server settings and good AI settings I currently do not see a problem with AI responsiveness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Faction based skill levels is an interesting idea...I will save that for the next update - I think that is easily do-able.

Dude you're a legend, thanks again for all the work you put into what I think is an essential mod for the game.

FYI I don't think I've ever seen any issues with AI responsiveness. Sometimes you get the jump on them and they don't react, but that's the same way with people too.

2 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Can you report to me your server settings for difficulty? Or any additional information that woudl be vital in de-bugging this? The video is nice but does not offer enough info unfortunately. Having the AI at high skills levels, both with the VCOMAI settings AND the server settings seems to produce no issues during my tests, besides the odd occasion of an AI missing each other. I will record a video and post as well.

Thanks for the idea! I have thought about this for quite some time but was not sure if it would be a desired feature or not. I could always implement something and have it off by default...

So I use the default settings for vcom. I'm not sure if those are set for high or not as I'm VERY FAR from any kind of programmer/coder. For my SP "server" on my machine I usually have it set to custom where they have high command skill and mediocre accuracy. Do I need to crank it up more? 

20 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Veteran difficulty, AI settings; http://pastebin.com/6mjEUks3

8 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

I'm confused. Isn't this just a copy of the config file? And that's EXACTLY how it comes

No? lol

Suppression set to false, most of the AI values are changed too.

http://c2n.me/3GBXOhy.png

Left is default / how it comes, right are my values from the pastebin.

Ive seen that "lets say hi to the enemy and not shoot him" behavior before on dev branch with and without vcom. Its especially prominent with huge battles, seems that the thread which dictates what different units should do seems to hang, seen some cases where all nato units just stood in place when a few hundred zombies just ran at them.

So i dont think its an issue with vcom, more to do with the engine.

Oh right, what are the settings when ai squads drop out of combat stance? Tested rearming today in that virtual arena, placed down some vehicles, ammo boxes, stuff like that me being a civilian observer.

Then stripped all three soldiers that i spawned from all their ammo except one mag and spawned some enemies that i frozed in place. After they killed them, i was expecting those nato blokes to rearm themselves but instead they stayed in combat mode and started to run in random directions occasionally going prone.

It might be me being in the dev build due to 64bit but i thought that i might aswell say it anyway if it indeed is an issue.